• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Time travelers. Some abused this and did things like selling these on eBay. Sucks I know. :/
I’m annoyed by this because I only time traveled to get upgrades sooner. That’s it. I wasn’t exploiting anyone and I wasn’t profiting from it either. I just didn’t want to wait two days for the Museum to be built or my house upgraded because I desperately needed more storage space while trying to get three stars.

BCVM22

"But I only time traveled to..."

"But" and "only" are being asked to shoulder a great deal of the burden there. And even then, how do you think people who were time traveling for huge amounts of paid interest rationalized it? "Well, I'm only doing it for me, so..."

The lesson to me seems simple. If nobody abuses an unintended mechanic, then nobody loses. When enough people do it, everybody loses.

Last edited:

R_N

There are so many exploits in the game that if that's seriously their idea than they're doing a half-assed job of it and missing a ton of things.

It's nto even the most exploitable thing about time travel!

BCVM22

People abuse it massively and publicly > countermeasures are taken. I don't deny that some of them the wrong countermeasures to focus on, but it is a cause and effect.

R_N

People abuse it massively and publicly > countermeasures are taken. I don't deny that some of them the wrong countermeasures to focus on, but it is a cause and effect.
Who is massively & publicly abusing this, though. Seriously I rarely hear anyone abuse this because it has so much lead time just to take advantage of it.

meanwhile we have multiple websites that are using Nook Miles Tickets as basically gold
There are websites where people offer their islands for turnips for steep (if comical like yes yes you have 110 rpices very cute) prices
there is an increasingly public villager black market
You can turn entire islands into "tarantuala island" or a make shift rare fish island

And then time travel i ngeneral is abused for all of these. Or people just TTing to the high cost beetles and fish.

I'm not even saying they should cut down on any of these (because it's just going to make the game worse for no real reason) I'm more saying some randos selling 99k bells they get by abusing interest and then hurting everyone because of it is suc ha bizarre course of action that doesnt like...do anything.

Noa

Pokemon Crystal is my happy place
Honestly... I don't care about time traveling anymore. My logic is that people can do whatever they want with their $60 sandbox game. It doesn't affect me, so go wild. As long as theyre not being annoying about it, or bragging, or teasing me because my town isn't as advanced since I play naturally, I could care less. The only issue I have is people TTing for rare villagers and selling them online. Again, doesn't really affect me, I just think it's kinda dumb.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
There is no further step in the process. This is the only upgrade as of now.

Oh... um... well... okay then...

Of all the things cut out from this game, this might just be the most unjustifiable in my mind. There's no way it takes any significant amount of work to design four shops instead of two. If this really is one of those things they're planning on patching in later, that means they did this purely to artificially increase the lifespan of this game, and did so at the expense of enjoyment of the game earlier on. That does not sit right with me at all, especially in a game with one of the longest natural lifespans of any video game ever created.

Messing with the radios I think how it works now is each acre can have their own song playing. I dont have enough radios to know if there's a limit, but if you put 2 radios in one acre, it will default to the last one you place down if both are playing. When you remove that one, the other will resume playing (& will remember what its playing). But you bring it to the next acre over, it will play as normal.

Are you certain about that acre thing? I had two radios very close to each other playing different music when I first discovered this. Though, it is possible that they happened to be on either side of an acre boundary line.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ugh, I'm so annoyed, it's gonna take like 3 days to even be able to access the new museum smh.

I have a question about time travel. So I was thinking about doing it just to get this museum upgrade done and was curious what would happen when I set the time back to the present day. Does that make all the stuff I did in the "future" go away or do you just have your upgrades and stuff just with the correct date and time??

R_N

Ugh, I'm so annoyed, it's gonna take like 3 days to even be able to access the new museum smh.

I have a question about time travel. So I was thinking about doing it just to get this museum upgrade done and was curious what would happen when I set the time back to the present day. Does that make all the stuff I did in the "future" go away or do you just have your upgrades and stuff just with the correct date and time??
The game doesn't revert your state, its not sophisticated enough for that. If you go 10 days into the future, get the museum upgrade, plants some flowers, whatever, then go back all that stuff will still be there. I think for daily stuff like the nook shops & turnip prices it might just reroll everything but I've never experimented with it enough.

Only thing is be aware that TTing backwards will instantly spoil any turnips you have. It is the one singular deterrent to traveling backwards

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
The game doesn't revert your state, its not sophisticated enough for that. If you go 10 days into the future, get the museum upgrade, plants some flowers, whatever, then go back all that stuff will still be there. I think for daily stuff like the nook shops & turnip prices it might just reroll everything but I've never experimented with it enough.

Only thing is be aware that TTing backwards will instantly spoil any turnips you have. It is the one singular deterrent to traveling backwards

Oh nice!! I really only just wanted to go like a day at a time until the museum was ready tbh. I like playing as it is just that I was really excited for the update cuz it added new stuff I just don't want to wait all the days to unlock it all.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
What do people think of New Horizons' "overworld" music?

I think it's fine, but there isn't that much variety from it from what I can tell.

Edit: The music is still hourly, but some sound kind of similar, or maybe it's just me.

R_N

I think it's fine, but there isn't that much variety from it from what I can tell.

Edit: The music is still hourly, but some sound kind of similar, or maybe it's just me.
I think there's a decent variety in sounds. 12 PM and 5 PM are the real run away hits, though.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I don't mind only one upgrade I just wish they made the interior better. TnT Mart looked more pleasing with better music imo (I do like this one's too but still).

Even ignoring the subjective reasons for wanting more upgrades (aesthetics, the sense of accomplishment, and just following the tradition), there's still a major reason why more upgrades are objectively better. Nookington's has many more items available for sale than Nook's Cranny 2.0 does. That alone is a reason to be annoyed with the lack of upgrades.

Do whatever you feel you need to do, but I would like to point out that all the museum upgrade does is allow you to donate art, which you can only get from Redd, who probably appears randomly once a week. There's a decent chance that you won't even have a piece of art yet by the time your museum upgrades, and even if you do, it's not like you're really missing out on anything if you have to wait to extra days to view that one single piece of art.

I like it enough. My personal problem is that I'm way to nostalgic for Wild World/City Folk's hourly themes, so nothing will ever compare in my mind. But I felt the same way about New Leaf at first, and I now find myself nostalgic towards that music as well.

On a related note, I really like 6 PM, because it sounds a lot like a track out of City Folk.

Noa

Pokemon Crystal is my happy place
Not the hugest fan of the hourly music but there are some tracks I like 2pm is fun and 6pm is nice and relaxing. We actually often eat dinner while 6pm is playing, nice ambient music lol

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Even ignoring the subjective reasons for wanting more upgrades (aesthetics, the sense of accomplishment, and just following the tradition), there's still a major reason why more upgrades are objectively better. Nookington's has many more items available for sale than Nook's Cranny 2.0 does. That alone is a reason to be annoyed with the lack of upgrades.

Do whatever you feel you need to do, but I would like to point out that all the museum upgrade does is allow you to donate art, which you can only get from Redd, who probably appears randomly once a week. There's a decent chance that you won't even have a piece of art yet by the time your museum upgrades, and even if you do, it's not like you're really missing out on anything if you have to wait to extra days to view that one single piece of art.

I like it enough. My personal problem is that I'm way to nostalgic for Wild World/City Folk's hourly themes, so nothing will ever compare in my mind. But I felt the same way about New Leaf at first, and I now find myself nostalgic towards that music as well.

On a related note, I really like 6 PM, because it sounds a lot like a track out of City Folk.

Actually to even get the museum you need to donate one piece of art which will cause Blathers to close the museum so he can update it.

My issue is you need to talk to Blathers, then wait a day, then Redd will come, you need to buy the first piece of art and then donate that which will cause the museum to close so it can be updated and then wait another day for the upgrade. It's just a long time to wait for no reason really.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Actually to even get the museum you need to donate one piece of art which will cause Blathers to close the museum so he can update it.

My issue is you need to talk to Blathers, then wait a day, then Redd will come, you need to buy the first piece of art and then donate that which will cause the museum to close so it can be updated and then wait another day for the upgrade. It's just a long time to wait for no reason really.

Okay, haven't gone through the process yet, so wasn't entirely sure how it worked.

Still though, it may be an arbitrary three day wait, but at the same time, what's the hurry? What do you get out of having the museum upgraded completed today instead of the day after tomorrow? Once again, don't think I'm telling you what you should or shouldn't do, but I do highly suggest you consider how much you actually need to time travel before you do it.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Okay, haven't gone through the process yet, so wasn't entirely sure how it worked.

Still though, it may be an arbitrary three day wait, but at the same time, what's the hurry? What do you get out of having the museum upgraded completed today instead of the day after tomorrow? Once again, don't think I'm telling you what you should or shouldn't do, but I do highly suggest you consider how much you actually need to time travel before you do it.

It's just that the game gets kind of boring when you run out of things to do and I'm hitting that point so was really excited to get some new things to do.

Also ideally I would really want to decorate my house but the problem with that is that recipes are so hard to come by like I want to make my kitchen, my living room, etc etc and I can't find anything. Hell I don't even have a couch yet :/...