• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Lay down ground paths. Flowers can't grow or spread on anything that isn't grass or dirt.
I get that but I have no place to store the excess flowers until I can either dispose of them or replant them. I do want to lay down more tiled paths to match my fountain square. But right now I’ve been focusing on trying to save enough Bells to pay off my third or fourth house upgrade and it’s taking awhile.

Manchee

extra toasty
I get that but I have no place to store the excess flowers until I can either dispose of them or replant them. I do want to lay down more tiled paths to match my fountain square. But right now I’ve been focusing on trying to save enough Bells to pay off my third or fourth house upgrade and it’s taking awhile.

Just sell the excess...... they can grow back and you can always plant more

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Bamboo sells nicely. I'm pretty sure 30 bamboo equals 6,000 bells.
Okay. I have at least 40 so I should okay then. Also can I terraform on plots with flowers or will I need to remove them first? I want to try to and a garden that is raised higher than the land around it.

KillerDraco

Bamboo sells nicely. I'm pretty sure 30 bamboo equals 6,000 bells.

That's not quite correct; 6000/30 would amount to 200 bells apiece, but in fact Bamboo Shoots sell for 250 bells apiece, the same amount as coconuts, which is... modest. You're not gonna get rich selling Bamboo Shoots but if you have no intention of planting them and don't want to make the DIY recipes that use them, you might as well sell them.

Okay. I have at least 40 so I should okay then. Also can I terraform on plots with flowers or will I need to remove them first? I want to try to and a garden that is raised higher than the land around it.

You can only terraform ground/water that has nothing on it. So trees, flowers, and items will prevent you from terraforming until you clear the square. Paths, however, do not prevent terraforming so you can raise/lower/etc those without having to clear the path first.

UwULifeGaming

We're Blasting off again!
I don't know. Sorry, I am not good at the game yet

That's not quite correct; 6000/30 would amount to 200 bells apiece, but in fact Bamboo Shoots sell for 250 bells apiece, the same amount as coconuts, which is... modest. You're not gonna get rich selling Bamboo Shoots but if you have no intention of planting them and don't want to make the DIY recipes that use them, you might as well sell them.

I don't play the game a lot, and I am forgetful. Sorry for the mixup

Torpoleon

Do you guys think Nintendo will add anything for Labor Day? It's been in most mainline AC games. Labor Day is on 9/7 this year.

If they do anything for it, I think it would be cool if they made it so that Isabelle, Tom Nook, all shopowners and Blathers are not working at their locations. Instead, they could be walking around the island like everybody else. The point would be because Labor Day is to honor workers and give them a day off. Of course, this would make it impossible to buy things from the shops, but it would only be for one day and it would be a nice change of pace.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Do you guys think Nintendo will add anything for Labor Day? It's been in most mainline AC games. Labor Day is on 9/7 this year.

If they do anything for it, I think it would be cool if they made it so that Isabelle, Tom Nook, all shopowners and Blathers are not working at their locations. Instead, they could be walking around the island like everybody else. The point would be because Labor Day is to honor workers and give them a day off. Of course, this would make it impossible to buy things from the shops, but it would only be for one day and it would be a nice change of pace.
We will probably get some item like a picnic basket or something similar. Labor Day is pretty much a North American thing so I can’t imagine very much happening on that day for all other regions.

Genos

TTYD
There less than a week left in August to get these:
  • Common Bluebottle
  • Great Purple Emperor
  • Brown Cicada
  • Robust Cicada
  • Giant Cicada
  • Evening Cicada
  • Cicada Shell
  • Jewel Beetle
  • Blue Weevil Beetle
  • Scarab Beetle
  • Drone Beetle
  • Saw Stag
  • Miyama Stag
  • Giant Stag
  • Cyclommatus Stag
  • Golden Stag
  • Giraffe Stag
  • Horned Dynastid
  • Horned Atlas
  • Horned Elephant
  • Horned Hercules
  • Killifish
  • Giant Snakehead
  • Napoleonfish
  • Squid
  • Vampire Squid
  • Sea Pineapple

Happy hunting!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

I'd sure hope so, as I'd hate for any holiday to be removed. Problem is, at the end of the last update video, they said the next update will be a fall update and teased Jack for Halloween, so it feels like the update won't come until October. So unless Labor was in the base game (unlikely) or was secretly added in with the August update (also unlikely), we probably won't be seeing it.

My bet, they'll do the same thing they did for Mother's and Father's Day, and not celebrate the holiday explicitly, and instead relegate it to the seasonal items section of the Nook Terminal, allowing us to buy the traditional picnic basket.

Giant Snakehead

Funny Story, I only just learned two days ago the giant snakehead is currently appearing (and has been since June, to boot). I normally don't bother looking up what fish and bugs are new for a month, as I typically fish and bug hunt enough that I'll naturally find everything new within a week or two. This allows me be surprised by what I find. Problem is, the snakehead only spawns before 4 PM, and I almost never play until after 7 PM. So yeah, now I only have a few days to catch a rare fish which only spawns in ponds, leaving me with only two spawn points in my entire town, and I have to do during times I wouldn't usually be playing. This should be fun...

Torpoleon

I'd sure hope so, as I'd hate for any holiday to be removed. Problem is, at the end of the last update video, they said the next update will be a fall update and teased Jack for Halloween, so it feels like the update won't come until October. So unless Labor was in the base game (unlikely) or was secretly added in with the August update (also unlikely), we probably won't be seeing it.

My bet, they'll do the same thing they did for Mother's and Father's Day, and not celebrate the holiday explicitly, and instead relegate it to the seasonal items section of the Nook Terminal, allowing us to buy the traditional picnic basket.

Well, it's possible that they could last minute reveal the next update, which could encompass Sept & Oct. Although at the very least, you probably are right that we will at least get a gift at the Nook Terminal. They do a good job at adding new items before the current ones are removed.

EDIT: I mean it would be beneficial for them to release an update in September, especially since the season changes that month too.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well, it's possible that they could last minute reveal the next update, which could encompass Sept & Oct. Although at the very least, you probably are right that we will at least get a gift at the Nook Terminal. They do a good job at adding new items before the current ones are removed.

EDIT: I mean it would be beneficial for them to release an update in September, especially since the season changes that month too.

It's definitely possible that a fall update could come for September, but showing Jack does heavily imply it's an October update. But hey, who knows.

BCVM22

Leif was teased as part of the first spring update despite simply being added as a potential visitor daily. It can be a fall update to be released in September and Jack is simply the face of it despite not appearing until October, as the most prominent (or simply “one of the”) NPC to be added in this round.

Put differently, if you were “decorating” a tease for the first fall update, your choices of decor are Jack, leaves, or acorns.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Leif was teased as part of the first spring update despite simply being added as a potential visitor daily. It can be a fall update to be released in September and Jack is simply the face of it despite not appearing until October, as the most prominent (or simply “one of the”) NPC to be added in this round.

Put differently, if you were “decorating” a tease for the first fall update, your choices of decor are Jack, leaves, or acorns.

Of course. I'm just trying to read what little context we have to see what seems more or less likely. Nothing set in stone, it's just educated guesses.

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
Has anybody had any luck getting the giant snakehead? I spent about 3 hours pond fishing and only got carps from the big shadows so not a whole lot of luck in that department. Also been having a tough time finding the golden stag but haven’t given up hope on that yet.

Genos

TTYD
New month. New bugs, fish, and deep sea creatures.

Bugs
Monarch Butterfly
Cricket
Bell Cricket
Red Dragonfly

Common Butterfly
Yellow Butterfly
Violin Beetle
Pill Bug
Centipede

Fish
Pike
Salmon
King Salmon
Mitten Crab

Cherry Salmon
Char
Golden Trout
Sturgeon

DSC
Oyster
Turban Shell
Chambered Nautilus
Umbrella Octopus
Sweet Shrimp

Words that are underlined means it's new so far into the year.

It's also the last month for Shark Season. :(

Last edited:

Xuxuba

Been a few months since i mostly gave up on NH and created another NL savefile. Every now and then i still enter to check special visitors or catch the monthly fish/bug.

Also, yesterday i completed the fish page on critterpedia. Didn't know you would only receive the diy on the following day. I guess i might keep the diy for my new character if i do decide to erase my island and create a new one.

R_N

Pretty close to the end of the bugs huh? We have to wait until winter for the dung beetle, not sure when the damselfly shows up. Pretty sure those are the last two