• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'm not a person that harps on games for tutorials much but yeah I hope the next AC game doesn't have a tutorial-like thing in the beginning (stuff like always starting off with a jock and a sisterly villager, the next three villagers plus the first two having their "starter" homes based on personality types, etc). And that whole thing where we had all those bugs laying around while the museum had to be built! I liked it when you got a random assortment of villagers from the beginning in AC:NL (don't know previous games before that).

R_N

I'm not a person that harps on games for tutorials much but yeah I hope the next AC game doesn't have a tutorial-like thing in the beginning (stuff like always starting off with a jock and a sisterly villager, the next three villagers plus the first two having their "starter" homes based on personality types, etc). And that whole thing where we had all those bugs laying around while the museum had to be built! I liked it when you got a random assortment of villagers from the beginning in AC:NL (don't know previous games before that).
I think this was less a "tutorial" and more just...making the early game a "game". You have more cutscenes, explicit missions and a designated end state (getting KK on the island & seeing the credits with a song you cant get otherwise).

You are building up the island to a town, stuff like building a shop or getting the museum in or setting up the villagers, has elements of a tutorial (here's how you build things, for example) but its not to be a tutorial and some things that happen during it dont happen anywhere else in the game.

The next game in the series will likely not tread the same ground just because it wont necessarily be the "island getaway package" aesthetic.

e: Also always starting with a Jock & Sister was probably more for aesthetic purposes. They also took the getaway package so they chose the 2 personality types that would be most likely to pick up their lives and live on a deserted island. So wahtever the next game is, will probably not do that again.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I didn’t mind the short tutorial when you first start a new game because it teaches you the new mechanics of the game and lets you decide what to craft right after making the tools and explore your Island. I also didn’t mind the preset personalities of your first two Residents as the three I detest the most aren’t in either and I got two good characters being Teddy and Katt. Teddy moved out but I still kept Katt and plan on keep her along with Boomer, Cranston, Piper, Freya, And Fauna. Flurry is in the middle for me right now. I just wish that I had Poppy’s Amiibo card as she is my favorite Resident ever but Boomer is my second so I’m satisfied with what I e got other than O’Hare.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
1 more full week of September. This is your last chance to get these:
Tiger ButterflyMarch to September4am to 7pmFlying around240
Emperor ButterflyDecember to March
June to September
5pm to 8amFlying around flowers4000
Agrias ButterflyApril to September8am to 5pmFlying around3000
Rajah Brooke's BirdwingApril to September
December to February
8am to 5pmFlying around2500
Queen Alexandra's BirdwingMay to September8am to 4pmFlying around4000
Atlas MothApril to September7pm to 4amOn trees3000
Madagascan-Sunset MothApril to September8am to 4pmFlying around flowers2500
GrasshopperJuly to September8am to 5pmOn the ground160
Walker CicadaAugust to September8am to 5pmOn trees400
PondskaterMay to September8am to 7pmOn ponds and rivers130
Diving BettleMay to September8am to 7pmOn ponds and rivers800
Giant Water BugApril to September7pm to 8amOn a pond2000
Rosalia Batesi BeetleMay to SeptemberAll dayAppears on a tree stump3000
Earth-boring Dung BeetleJuly to SeptemberAll dayOn the ground300
Goliath BeetleJune to September5pm to 8amOn trees8000
Rainbow StagJune to September7pm to 8amOn trees6000
Walking LeafJuly to SeptemberAll dayUnder trees disguised as leaves600
MosquitoJune to September5pm to 4amFlying around130

CrawfishApril to September24 hoursPond200
Soft-shelled TurtleAugust to September4pm to 9amRiver3750
SweetfishJuly to September24 hoursRiver900
SalmonSeptember24 hoursRivermouth700
King SalmonSeptember24 hoursRivermouth1800
Nibble FishMay to September9am to 4pmRiver1500
PiranhaJune to September9am to 4pm
9pm to 4am
River2500
ArowanaJune to September4pm to 9amRiver10000
DoradoJune to September4am to 9pmRiver15000
GarJune to September4pm to 9amPond6000
ArapaimaJune to September4pm to 9amRiver10000
Saddled BichirJune to September9pm to 4amRiver4000
ClownfishApril to September24 hoursSea650
SurgeonfishApril to September24 hoursSea1000
Butterfly FishApril to September24 hoursSea1000
Puffer FishJuly to September24 hoursSea250
Blue MarlinNovember to April
July to September
24 hoursPier10000
Ocean SunfishJuly to September4am to 9pmSea4000
Saw SharkJune to September4pm to 9amSea12000
Hammerhead SharkJune to September4pm to 9amSea8000
Great White SharkJune to September4pm to 9amSea15000
Whale SharkJune to September24 hoursSea13000
SuckerfishJune to September24 hoursSea1500

Sea GrapesJune to September24 hours900
Sea UrchinMay to September24 hours1700
Slate Pencil UrchinMay to September4pm to 9am2000
Moon JellyfishJuly to September24 hours600
Gigas Giant ClamMay to September24 hours15000
Tiger PrawnJune to September4pm to 9am3000
Horseshoe CrabJuly to September9pm to 4am2500
FlatwormAugust to September4pm to 9am700

source: Eurogamer

I'm gonna miss catching Sharks, brought me so much bells from CJ. :D

Captain Jigglypuff

I’m really annoyed. That ugly Groucho moved in without any warning and now I’m stuck with TWO Residents that I hate. I had built another House that I was going to have Miranda move into via Amiibo because she only needed to be invited one more time before moving in. After that I was going to build the last house to get Merry to move in through an Amiibo card but now that plan is ruined! But seeing Amiibo cards being restocked is nice. I plan on getting more to see if I can at least get Poppy.

UwULifeGaming

We're Blasting off again!
I have good news and bad news, Here's who moved in without me knowing,

Meet Bitty! *cue the wretching sounds*
images

Good news! And also a new addition, Fuchsia!
images

And also one of the best came: Zucker! y'all know who he is, so no pic.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Bitty doesn't seem so bad. While I have my favorites, I certainly wouldn't mind if she showed up one day. Fuchsia, though, is really cool!

Meanwhile, I have Nate who has long become The Thing That Would Not Leave. Yaaahhh...!

R_N

This is a nice update, I like the extra color options for hair and skin. I hope those stick around. And the new emote, thats cool!

But seriously no roost huh? N

KillerDraco

oh god ill never play this,,, girls and my cousin play this, clocking weirdly huge hours, checked his profile 200+ hrs jezuz christ

Then I question the point of posting in this thread at all.

In other news, the final Bug Off of the year was today. I mainly just phoned it in by doing the one round for the Nook Miles, since I already got all the trophies the first time around.

Captain Jigglypuff

I got rid of Groucho by getting Miranda to move in via Amiibo. He moved in Thursday. Now I’m going to finally kick out O’Hare with Merry via Amiibo. I got Flip today as well which is how I managed to get rid of that ugly Groucho so quickly after he moved in uninvited.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Well, nothing about this update is particularly surprising. Growing pumpkins is a little odd, but nothing that will really add anything of substance to the game. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the Halloween stuff, but that was exactly what we were expecting to get. I was hoping for either something new and/or surprising.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to decorating my town for Halloween. I had a lot of fun decorating it for Easter, and now that I actually have a developed town, it should be even more interesting.

Speaking of, I'm trying to figure out if this pumpkin furniture is the Halloween furniture set, or a seasonal furniture set. It's reminiscent of the traditional Spooky set, though quit different. Since we still have the trading candy with Jack for Halloween thing going on, I have to assume that that's separate from growing pumpkins to make pumpkin furniture. Perhaps instead of giving us the now somewhat redundant Spooky set, Jack will give us the Creepy Set instead. Honestly, I kind of hope so, I've always liked the Creepy Set more than the Spooky Set.

oh god ill never play this,,, girls and my cousin play this, clocking weirdly huge hours, checked his profile 200+ hrs jezuz christ

And what's wrong with that? Isn't it a good thing to be able to put so many hours into a game? Most games you get bored of by 40-50 hours. The fact that you can put so many into this game means you're getting a whole lot more enjoyment out of it, as well as more time playing for the amount of money you spent.

Last edited:

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Did 1 round on this year's last Bug-Off. Completed all four events.

Now onto the Fishing Tournament, which is next month!

UwULifeGaming

We're Blasting off again!
Bug-off was dissapointing to mee, as before is started, bugs were everywhere. During the three minutes, only four. :mad: