• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Forgot to post this last week. But I finally purchased the Royal Crown!

Like Bguy7 said, I reached the endgame. No more expensive items left to buy.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Well I’m annoyed. Red is on my Island and everything he had was fake! But on the plus side I FINALLY got rid of that ugly O’Hare today by using Merry’s Amiibo and getting her to agree to moving in.

UwULifeGaming

We're Blasting off again!
So, i have a theory. When Fuschia moved to my island, she said she came from my friends island, as he had her. SOOO, does this mean that if Apple moved from his island, would she come to mine? (P.S. Apple is one of my dream villagers)

R_N

So, i have a theory. When Fuschia moved to my island, she said she came from my friends island, as he had her. SOOO, does this mean that if Apple moved from his island, would she come to mine? (P.S. Apple is one of my dream villagers)
The way this works should be the following:
If they are packed up, you can come to their island and speak to them and convince them to move to yours (provided you have a space open and no one else has claimed them).
If you don't leap on that, and no one else has picked them up, then they go into a transfer slot for that player. Then, then next time they interact with another player, it transfers to them. Once its queued up, I think they will be set to move in once someone moves out.

So for example, I had Hippeux move out a while back. I didnt haev any one pick him up. Then, after visiting a friend, he had anotehr villager move out and Hippeux wound up moving in after that.

Unsure how grabbing someone off a deserted island plays into this, and its possible some other aspects of this have changed in NH, but that's the basic gist.

UwULifeGaming

We're Blasting off again!
The way this works should be the following:
If they are packed up, you can come to their island and speak to them and convince them to move to yours (provided you have a space open and no one else has claimed them).
If you don't leap on that, and no one else has picked them up, then they go into a transfer slot for that player. Then, then next time they interact with another player, it transfers to them. Once its queued up, I think they will be set to move in once someone moves out.

So for example, I had Hippeux move out a while back. I didnt haev any one pick him up. Then, after visiting a friend, he had anotehr villager move out and Hippeux wound up moving in after that.

Unsure how grabbing someone off a deserted island plays into this, and its possible some other aspects of this have changed in NH, but that's the basic gist.
So i had placed the plot and the next day it said Fuschia was coming, and then when i talked to her she talked about his island. It kinda boggles my mind.

KillerDraco

Well, I managed to find space on my island for Pumpkin farming, so I should be all set for the update. I'd been meaning to clear out some overgrown flowers anyway since I've been getting a lot more rain since September started, which has caused the flowers to grow out of control. What was once flower hell will now be pumpkin patches.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I personally reserved an area near my "farm area" to plant the pumpkins.
With any luck, they will allow me to use that space.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I think I'll be retrofitting my park into a pumpkin patch/fall fair type of thing. I might then transform that into a county fair for November.

Didn't realize last night that when I downloaded the update, nothing new would be starting up until October 1st. Was a little letdown by the realization.

R_N

I set up a little patch in front of my house, cleared out some flowers and rearranged some bushes

excited for pumpkins

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I'm letting Dobie leave the island since I already have his picture.

I figure I'll island hop with the Nook Miles Tickets to find a cranky replacement.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Here's the list for Fish, Bugs, and Deep Sea Creatures that appears in October.
Fish
Yellow Perch
Dab

Bugs
Ladybug

DSC
Seaweed
Spiny Lobster
Venus’ Flower Basket

To me, spiny lobster and venus flower basket are new. The rest are old that are returning. Except for the yellow perch, as that appeared when New Horizons launched on March. The same month yellow perch left. So it's technically new for those who haven't bought the game on March.

I already have a spot to plant those pumpkins! :)

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ugh!!!!! Redd finally appeared and it was all fake!!! I'm so god damn annoyed with this stupid art feature!!! How do you handle every other part of the museum so well but royally screw this up so badly?!?!

They need to change it so that Redd appears on a certain day EVERY week and make it so that he HAS to have 1 real piece every visit cuz this is ridiculous!!!

Literally unless you time travel or have 20 friends playing and giving you the pieces, it's impossible to finish :(...

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Ugh!!!!! Redd finally appeared and it was all fake!!! I'm so god damn annoyed with this stupid art feature!!! How do you handle every other part of the museum so well but royally screw this up so badly?!?!

They need to change it so that Redd appears on a certain day EVERY week and make it so that he HAS to have 1 real piece every visit cuz this is ridiculous!!!

Literally unless you time travel or have 20 friends playing and giving you the pieces, it's impossible to finish :(...

For whatever it's worth, this is always how Redd has been, for the most part. In New Leaf it was pretty much exactly the same. If anything he would show up less because he wasn't guaranteed to show up every other week at the minimum. Then in City Folk he had a permanent shop, but it only changed stock once a week, and it only ever had one piece of art in it at a time. And not only could it be fake, but you couldn't even ID the fake until you bought it and gave it to Blathers. It really isn't that bad here by comparison.

And honestly, if I could make a suggestion, Animal Crossing is a game best played at a slow pace. There's no rush to finish the art gallery any time soon, so just let it happen naturally. If you keep playing, you'll get it eventually. If you don't keep playing, then it hardly matters that you didn't finish the gallery anyways. Trying to stress over completing stuff as soon as possible is only going to mess up the experience.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I cleared a large area for pumpkins and just to make sure no flowers would spontaneously grow there, I currently put down the terra-cotta path tile to reserve the spot.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
For whatever it's worth, this is always how Redd has been, for the most part. In New Leaf it was pretty much exactly the same. If anything he would show up less because he wasn't guaranteed to show up every other week at the minimum. Then in City Folk he had a permanent shop, but it only changed stock once a week, and it only ever had one piece of art in it at a time. And not only could it be fake, but you couldn't even ID the fake until you bought it and gave it to Blathers. It really isn't that bad here by comparison.

And honestly, if I could make a suggestion, Animal Crossing is a game best played at a slow pace. There's no rush to finish the art gallery any time soon, so just let it happen naturally. If you keep playing, you'll get it eventually. If you don't keep playing, then it hardly matters that you didn't finish the gallery anyways. Trying to stress over completing stuff as soon as possible is only going to mess up the experience.

If anything that is worse. That shows that they've know this is an issue and haven't fixed it after all these years lol.

It's not that I'm in a rush, it's that my favorite part of animal crossing is the museum and how realistic and amazing it looks and completing it. I've all but completed the bug and fish, already completed the fossils, and am working on the sea creatures. The only part of it that is horrible is the art. I have less then 10 pieces of art at this point and only 4 or 5 of those are actually from Redd and his boat. It's ridiculous that he doesn't have a locked appearance window at this point, especially since every other part of the museum does.

The other issue is that I've stopped playing it all that much because there just isn't much to do at this point, I pretty much just log in to fill the museum at the start of the month and then don't go in anymore at this point. I'd have more of an incentive to play the game if I know Redd would be there that specific day and I would get a benefit of logging into the game.

Chaos Emperor

No hope.....
Got back into the game recently after putting it down in mid august. Got some pumpkins, got the new eye/skin color thing and after buying candy found u can only buy one piece a day instead of bulk buying, so make sure to buy it everyday to ensure u have enough.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
If anything that is worse. That shows that they've know this is an issue and haven't fixed it after all these years lol.

It's not that I'm in a rush, it's that my favorite part of animal crossing is the museum and how realistic and amazing it looks and completing it. I've all but completed the bug and fish, already completed the fossils, and am working on the sea creatures. The only part of it that is horrible is the art. I have less then 10 pieces of art at this point and only 4 or 5 of those are actually from Redd and his boat. It's ridiculous that he doesn't have a locked appearance window at this point, especially since every other part of the museum does.

The other issue is that I've stopped playing it all that much because there just isn't much to do at this point, I pretty much just log in to fill the museum at the start of the month and then don't go in anymore at this point. I'd have more of an incentive to play the game if I know Redd would be there that specific day and I would get a benefit of logging into the game.
I've got a few pieces of rare art that I already have that I don't need if you want any of them, Robert. At least two iirc.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

I'd argue it's the opposite. The fact that it's been like this since the beginning of art being introduced with little change means that this is very much the way the developers want art collecting to be. They know it's a long and drawn out process because that's what they want it to be. In simpler words, they don't see it as an issue to be fixed, they see it as a feature to be continued.