• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Anyone get any Pumpkin DIYs yet? I haven’t gotten one yet and find it odd Isabelle doesn’t give us one like she usually does when something new is in season for crafting.

KillerDraco

Yes, I've gotten a few Spooky DIYs from villagers crafting in their homes. A welcome change TBH given I've got pretty much every DIY they can give me normally, so I'm all for introducing new recipes into their pools.

That said, they've been mixed in with the normal recipes they can give, so it all comes down to luck.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'd argue it's the opposite. The fact that it's been like this since the beginning of art being introduced with little change means that this is very much the way the developers want art collecting to be. They know it's a long and drawn out process because that's what they want it to be. In simpler words, they don't see it as an issue to be fixed, they see it as a feature to be continued.

So they want to be stupid and people hating it. That's great business lol.

R_N

Related to the new spooky recipes, does anyone know all the Fall/acorn/pinecone recipes? I've got 9 of them, I think.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
So they want to be stupid and people hating it. That's great business lol.

That's not how it works. Games have to have some element of friction. If game developers did everything their players wanted them to do and removed all the friction, then the games would suddenly get a whole lot less interesting. In the end, game developers know a whole lot more about how to build a balanced game than we do. Maybe some of us think some things are dumb on the surface, but that doesn't mean the game would actually be better if it were different.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That's not how it works. Games have to have some element of friction. If game developers did everything their players wanted them to do and removed all the friction, then the games would suddenly get a whole lot less interesting. In the end, game developers know a whole lot more about how to build a balanced game than we do. Maybe some of us think some things are dumb on the surface, but that doesn't mean the game would actually be better if it were different.

There's plenty of friction in animal crossing outside of Redd though. And the problem is he isn't balanced, he's broken AF. An easy way to balance him would be to replace one of the three characters that appear every week with Redd like Leif or Kicks. Someone who serves an actual role on your island as part of the museum shouldn't be a chanced role. I've seen nothing but complaints about how Redd is handled and how rarely he actually appears, fixing that wouldn't be a bad thing at all unless they somehow make him appear even less.

KillerDraco

An easy way to balance him would be to replace one of the three characters that appear every week with Redd like Leif or Kicks.

Just as an aside, this is no longer the case and hasn't been for the past several months. The 1.3.0 update (summer wave 1) made it so Kicks, Leif, and Saharah lost their status as guaranteed weekly visitors, and thus any day of the week can be one of the 9 visitors, with ones you didn't have the previous week having a higher chance. On average you're likely to get Redd twice per month.

I certainly wouldn't mind Redd being a guaranteed weekly visitor, given the art exhibit is the hardest to complete and his potential to have Fakes can make a trip to your island effectively useless to you. I will say it's certainly better than past games, albeit barely; fake detection is definitely easier in this game than any other given the ability to closely inspect pieces, but that still doesn't do anything to guarantee him bringing legit art, let alone legit art that you don't have.

I myself am currently sitting at 22/43 pieces of art, just above halfway (since it's not an even number), but this has only been possible with bartering/trading with friends. I typically avoid buying/trading with people I don't know, mostly because people who offer legit art on places like Nookazon do so for inflated prices. So I generally avoid them and just stick with my friend group. I would like to see the art exhibit done especially given I've never finished it in past games, but it's still a very daunting task and one I wouldn't mind being made easier by more frequent visits from Redd, and/or guaranteeing he brings at least one real piece, since there's nothing more infuriating than having him bring four fakes.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Just as an aside, this is no longer the case and hasn't been for the past several months. The 1.3.0 update (summer wave 1) made it so Kicks, Leif, and Saharah lost their status as guaranteed weekly visitors, and thus any day of the week can be one of the 9 visitors, with ones you didn't have the previous week having a higher chance. On average you're likely to get Redd twice per month.

I certainly wouldn't mind Redd being a guaranteed weekly visitor, given the art exhibit is the hardest to complete and his potential to have Fakes can make a trip to your island effectively useless to you. I will say it's certainly better than past games, albeit barely; fake detection is definitely easier in this game than any other given the ability to closely inspect pieces, but that still doesn't do anything to guarantee him bringing legit art, let alone legit art that you don't have.

I myself am currently sitting at 22/43 pieces of art, just above halfway (since it's not an even number), but this has only been possible with bartering/trading with friends. I typically avoid buying/trading with people I don't know, mostly because people who offer legit art on places like Nookazon do so for inflated prices. So I generally avoid them and just stick with my friend group. I would like to see the art exhibit done especially given I've never finished it in past games, but it's still a very daunting task and one I wouldn't mind being made easier by more frequent visits from Redd, and/or guaranteeing he brings at least one real piece, since there's nothing more infuriating than having him bring four fakes.

So they made it worse, it's ridiculous that it would take over a year to finish and that isn't even counting fakes and repeats.

KillerDraco

So they made it worse, it's ridiculous that it would take over a year to finish and that isn't even counting fakes and repeats.

No, that's the opposite of making it worse. It's worse for Saharah, Leif, and Kicks because they appear less often now that they're no longer guaranteed, but for literally every other visitor they're more likely to appear both in theory and in practice (the latter I can attest for through personal experience). Still far from perfect but you get a much healthier variety of visitors since 1.3.0.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
No, that's the opposite of making it worse. It's worse for Saharah, Leif, and Kicks because they appear less often now that they're no longer guaranteed, but for literally every other visitor they're more likely to appear both in theory and in practice (the latter I can attest for through personal experience). Still far from perfect but you get a much healthier variety of visitors since 1.3.0.

Didn't you still say twice a month though?? That's ridiculous especially given the fakes and repeats and will take forever and put people off from even wanting to finish it.

KillerDraco

Didn't you still say twice a month though?? That's ridiculous especially given the fakes and repeats and will take forever and put people off from even wanting to finish it.

It does take far too long, I agree with you on that one. But the current post 1.3.0 system is still better than the one prior and I can't remember Redd being more frequent than that in any prior games.

Like I said before, I do believe Redd should be guaranteed weekly due to the risk of fakes. Not arguing on that. I'm merely stating the current frequency, although leaving a bit to be desired, is an improvement considering I went about 5 weeks straight with no Redd prior to 1.3.0.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
It does take far too long, I agree with you on that one. But the current post 1.3.0 system is still better than the one prior and I can't remember Redd being more frequent than that in any prior games.

Like I said before, I do believe Redd should be guaranteed weekly due to the risk of fakes. Not arguing on that. I'm merely stating the current frequency, although leaving a bit to be desired, is an improvement considering I went about 5 weeks straight with no Redd prior to 1.3.0.

True, well regardless, something has to change because it's annoying and I honestly have no desire left to finish it at this point. I love getting the animals and I did the fossils but the art is just annoying.

Genos

TTYD
Done with this month's creatures!

Be warned that the Venus flower basket and Spiny lobster are fast. So you need to trap them into a corner to effectively catch it.

KillerDraco

Done with this month's creatures!

Be warned that the Venus flower basket and Spiny lobster are fast. So you need to trap them into a corner to effectively catch it.

That's one way to catch them, but it's not really an efficient one if they're not near a corner. Much like the Gigas Clam and Giant Isopod, they tend to speed up as a reaction to your own paddling, so if you wade into them to get close and then dive and dash, you can sneak up on them and catch them without the chase.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I have two questions related to Animal Crossing.

When you move a villagers house, will it spawn in the designated location the next day?
Edit: According to Polygon, it does appear the next day, so that's good.

You know how you have to keep summoning an amiibo villager to get them to move?
Let's say you skipped a day. Would you have to start over the process of summoning them for three days?

Last edited:

KillerDraco

I have two questions related to Animal Crossing.

When you move a villagers house, will it spawn in the designated location the next day?
Edit: According to Polygon, it does appear the next day, so that's good.

You know how you have to keep summoning an amiibo villager to get them to move?
Let's say you skipped a day. Would you have to start over the process of summoning them for three days?

Polygon is correct. Basically the way it works is that the day you do the move, it sets up an empty plot. The next day, that villager's home will occupy the once empty plot, and the previous site of the villager's home will be empty.

As for amiibo, you have to summon them and complete their request 3 times; on the third time they'll accept your offer to become a permanent resident. It does not have to be three consecutive days, just three separate instances.

On an unrelated note, it turns out if a villager is crafting a spooky recipe that you already know, rather than giving you a duplicate recipe, they'll give you 5 pumpkins instead.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Thank you.

I was moving Cheri to another space so that I could replace her with Wart Jr.

The reason for this was because I wanted Wart Jr. to be in my "oldie" area.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Played a bunch last couple days (well, certainly more than last few weeks). Had Merengue move out and found Walt on an island early who I felt looked neat, so took him in. Not a fan of the female kangaroos with a mute child character, but I didn't realise AC had male kangaroo villagers... Plus, only have one cranky and find them to be a better personality type than most in ACNH.

Made a small area after clearing too many flowers/etc for pumpkin growing. Slowly but surely getting the island properly organised, haha.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I can’t get any pumpkin DIYs! It’s annoying and I literally have over 50 pumpkins to use and those are the ones that I’ve picked today. I still have at least thirty to pick.