• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I actually didn't have Redd appear the last two weeks and he still hasn't appeared for me this week yet either so that's slightly annoying. But he did appear for me two weeks in a row before that so I can't complain too much there, I've also been lucky enough to always get one or two new things from him for awhile now. I do have an extra Starry Painting sitting around now though, along with several fake statues from villagers.

KierTronik

Oshawott is bab
I need to find a tarantula and a scorpion at some point. I should also use more nook mile tickets.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Here is the list of everything leaving on October
Fish
Snapping Turtle5,000RiverLarge9pm - 4am
Catfish800PondMedium-large4pm - 9am
Tilapia800RiverMedium-smallAll day
Angelfish3,000RiverSmall4pm - 9am
Betta2,500RiverSmall9am - 4pm
Rainbowfish800RiverTiny9am - 4pm
Moray eel2,000SeaThinAll day
Ribbon eel600SeaThinAll day
Giant trevally4,500PierLargeAll day
Mahi-mahi6,000PierLargeAll day

Bugs
Yellow butterfly160Flying4am - 7pm
Bell cricket430On the ground5pm - 8am
Red dragonfly180Flying8am - 7pm
Darner dragonfly230Flying8am - 5pm
Banded dragonfly4,500Flying8am - 5pm
Stinkbug120On flowersAll day
Man-faced stink bug1,000On flowers7pm - 8am
Ladybug200On flowers8am - 5pm
Tiger beetle1,500On the groundAll day
Scorpion8,000On the ground7pm - 4am

DSC
Spotted garden eel1,100MediumSlow consistent movement4am - 9pm
Giant isopod12,000LargeQuick long lunges9am - 4pm & 9pm - 4am

source: Animal Crossing Wiki
Thank you Apollo for the genuine Robust Statue! :D

R_N

So somehow, despite being available since April I have never fished up a Neon Tetra
Boy wou7ld that have been embarassing for November to finish out and I go "oh no"

Then I just need the Blowfish in November and the Pond Smelt in december

KillerDraco

I'm particularly excited for the Tarantula to return, because I prefer Tarantula Island to Scorpion Island. The ring shaped river makes it far easier to trap and aggro a Tarantula, thus pacifying the rest of them on the island for you to easily catch.

KillerDraco

So I took inventory, and as it so happens I'm missing 16 pieces of art... 8 Paintings, and 8 Statues.

Still a decent ways to go but that's roughly 2/3 of the art exhibit complete.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I think I have 17 pieces of art (5 statues/12 paintings, maybe) in my museum.

My mom has often times gotten 3 legitimate pieces of art at Jolly Redd's.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I got 22 arts. 16 paintings and 6 statues. Me and my brother are helping each other out.

These past visits from Redd were ones that I already have. Hence why last Sunday Apollo gave me a new genuine art.

btw...today is Halloween.

R_N

Halloween is pretty chill this go around, I like it.

I also like that if you get both Jack's robe & hat, you can trick the villagers into giving you candy

KillerDraco

The Halloween Event is definitely... shorter, for lack of a better word, than in previous games, at least in terms of getting all of the unique items you can only get on the 31st. However, this is not in and of itself a bad thing. The reason why it feels shorter, IMO, is that the bulk of the Spooky items you can get are obtainable all throughout the month, rather than just the day of Halloween itself. So you definitely can flaunt the decorations throughout the whole month in ACNH, since let's face it, after it hits November they lose their relevancy rapidly.

That said, I do miss the full Spooky Furniture set, like the bed, couch, etc. Seems like the focus is more on outdoor decorations and less on indoor amenities.

R_N

The Halloween Event is definitely... shorter, for lack of a better word, than in previous games, at least in terms of getting all of the unique items you can only get on the 31st. However, this is not in and of itself a bad thing. The reason why it feels shorter, IMO, is that the bulk of the Spooky items you can get are obtainable all throughout the month, rather than just the day of Halloween itself. So you definitely can flaunt the decorations throughout the whole month in ACNH, since let's face it, after it hits November they lose their relevancy rapidly.

That said, I do miss the full Spooky Furniture set, like the bed, couch, etc. Seems like the focus is more on outdoor decorations and less on indoor amenities.
I respect that for these old holiday sets (Egg got a full overhaul as well) they decided to complete redo them but....they do feel more designed to be placed around the island than in your house. I think it would have been nice if the old set was in the game (since its primarily designed for indoor) and the redone versions were just brand new items. Maybe make the former something you can buy from Nooks while the latter stays as recipes!
Also losing the Creepy series was a bummer.

Also while I'm at it, despite the game trying to lean into the "costume" aspect more, New Leaf blew this out of the water. It had all kinds of really ufn masks that just...aren't here? At all? The big thing I kept seeing all month was the imp wings (exclusive to kicks), the mage student robes (I never even saw the mage outfit dress....) and the Flashy Animal outfit. There's not even multiple pumpkin colors for Jack's Head which is surprising.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
When would this holiday be considered "done"?

I think I received the four exclusive recipes, Jack's assemble, and the three spooky house decors (wallpaper, flooring, and carpet).

R_N

When would this holiday be considered "done"?

I think I received the four exclusive recipes, Jack's assemble, and the three spooky house decors (wallpaper, flooring, and carpet).
I assume you have the 2 new emotes, right? After that you're done. Despite Jack's dialog implying there's more if you keep giving him lollipops, once you have the full set the only reason to keep handing out candy is for repeats & extra pumpkins.

Speaking of hte emotes, I thought it was interesting that they didn't just add a new row or column, or special small row or something, but instead a full on new page, with space for another 42 emotes. I imagine upcoming holidays will have their own emotes too but I'm just saying that's an awful lot of emotes that would be perfect for someone like Shrunk to teach us.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Amusingly enough I think the new emotes confused the game and unintentionally gave me the Nook Miles completion for having all the emotes even though I don't actually have them all yet, still missing 4 of them but the game thinks I have 42/42 of them. Unsure what triggered that since it didn't happen to my other account which only has about 32 or so.

Definitely going to be making use of the Halloween themed stuff to try and hit that final HHA trophy since I'm so close to it though, had more candy than I needed so I got a few extra garlands and stuff to throw around.

R_N

Amusingly enough I think the new emotes confused the game and unintentionally gave me the Nook Miles completion for having all the emotes even though I don't actually have them all yet, still missing 4 of them but the game thinks I have 42/42 of them. Unsure what triggered that since it didn't happen to my other account which only has about 32 or so.

Definitely going to be making use of the Halloween themed stuff to try and hit that final HHA trophy since I'm so close to it though, had more candy than I needed so I got a few extra garlands and stuff to throw around.
That's working as intended. The game for some, arbitrary, reason doesnt want 44 (the number of emotes in the base game), but 42. When I first noticed that I actually wondered if the final 2 spaces would just be blank, but nope. Just looks for 42.
Anyway there are 46 emotes now, the nook miles only ever look for 42 of them. You had 40 before, now you have 42, ergo...you got them!

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
That's working as intended. The game for some, arbitrary, reason doesnt want 44 (the number of emotes in the base game), but 42. When I first noticed that I actually wondered if the final 2 spaces would just be blank, but nope. Just looks for 42.
Anyway there are 46 emotes now, the nook miles only ever look for 42 of them. You had 40 before, now you have 42, ergo...you got them!

Oh you're actually right, I actually miscounted and thought I only had 38 emotes because I thought there were 40 emote slots, but it's 4 rows of 11 and not 4 rows of 10. I'm good at math I promise.

That's not much less weird, but I guess that's in line with what I'd expect from this game to do with this scenario. Because you know, the logical approach just isn't how they roll.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Got all 14 Spooky recipes. The event was fun.

It's refreshing to get new emotes. Before the October update I thought we never get more.

A new page huh, the return of Shrunk Funk Shuffle? :eek: