• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

R_N

For something worth only 1900 bells the dungeoness crab sure refuses to show up, even now that it's not on the menu. I got the snow crab tonight so it's the only one I need this month.

It'd be nice if once march rolls back around they add a "golden diving suit" or...something. Even in New Leaf it felt weird there was no real reward for catching all the diving creatures.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
For something worth only 1900 bells the dungeoness crab sure refuses to show up, even now that it's not on the menu. I got the snow crab tonight so it's the only one I need this month.

It'd be nice if once march rolls back around they add a "golden diving suit" or...something. Even in New Leaf it felt weird there was no real reward for catching all the diving creatures.
I honestly just want to be able to make models of the sea creatures even if there are stuff that would be weird like seaweed.

R_N

I honestly just want to be able to make models of the sea creatures even if there are stuff that would be weird like seaweed.
I am honestly glad they didn't because I have sold a lot of rare creatures and I really don't want to add another 40 weeks to chip.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Here is the list for this month's creatures
Fish
Pond smelt500RiverSmallAll day
Stringfish15,000River (Clifftop)Large4pm - 9am
Sea butterfly1,000SeaTinyAll day
Squid500SeaMedium-smallAll day
Oarfish9,000SeaHugeAll day

Bugs
Emperor butterfly4,000Flying5pm - 8am
Rajah Brooke's birdwing2,500Flying8am - 5pm
Dung beetle3,000Rolling snowballs along the groundAll day

DSC
Lobster4,500LargeFastAll day
Bold=New this year

This is it launch players. The last remaining bug and fish of the year. Both categories will now be completed!

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
For something worth only 1900 bells the dungeoness crab sure refuses to show up, even now that it's not on the menu.
Odd. I got three of them on Turkey Day and one went into the one dish, another went to Katt who needed it for her own cooking, and the third I sold and I found all three within an hour and a half.

BCVM22

That’s how probability works. The same odds that might get you a six on three consecutive rolls of the dice are the odds that give someone else three ones. It’s math, not oddity.

KillerDraco

Well, with the Pond Smelt caught (and donated), I have officially finished out the fish for ACNH, and got the golden rod recipe as a result, which was mailed to me overnight since I caught the Smelt at midnight.

However, it appears as though we'll have to wait for the Dung Beetle to finish out the insects, because despite being listed as a December Bug, it doesn't seem to appear until the snow actually falls so that snowballs start appearing.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Caught the Pond Smelt and Lobster (took hours to get). I'll be getting the golden fishing rod recipe tomorrow in the mail.

Sucks we have to wait to get the Dung Beetle. is it snowing yet?

KillerDraco

Sucks we have to wait to get the Dung Beetle. is it snowing yet?

Apparently the acorns and pinecones will continue to spawn until December 10th, so snow will probably follow after that.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Speaking of acorns and pinecones, am I the only one who is having lousy luck finding them? I would shake all my trees several times and only come up with 1 or 2 of either before giving up. Are they supposed to be so rare, or am I just not trying hard enough?

KillerDraco

Speaking of acorns and pinecones, am I the only one who is having lousy luck finding them? I would shake all my trees several times and only come up with 1 or 2 of either before giving up. Are they supposed to be so rare, or am I just not trying hard enough?

They're definitely not common but what works for me is just picking a tree with some space around it and just shaking nonstop. It'll be mostly sticks since the ratio seems to be roughly 10:1 in terms of sticks vs acorns/pinecones.

Captain Jigglypuff

I didn’t bother too much with pine cones but acorns I collected a few to make some stuff. I usually get at least one after three or four shakes. Sometimes it takes eight but three to four is the most common amount of shakes before an acorn falls down.

R_N

Got my pondsmelt, it's nice the last fish was so common and not a month-long nightmare.
Can't wait to craft my *sigh* 90 use golden fishing rod tomorrow.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I think I caught two red king crabs and two snow crabs today: no lobster yet.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Aha! I KNEW there was something up with those tree finds. It looks like I have some extended tree-shaking to do! I don't even know if I have all the season's DIY recipes either. I have gotten a little lucky with shooting down presents, as my neighbors seem to be stingy all season...

R_N

Aha! I KNEW there was something up with those tree finds. It looks like I have some extended tree-shaking to do! I don't even know if I have all the season's DIY recipes either. I have gotten a little lucky with shooting down presents, as my neighbors seem to be stingy all season...
seasonal recipes ONLY show up in balloons (except for a freebie recipe isabelle will sometimes give at the start of the season).

Acorn/Pine Cone recipes should still be active until the snow comes.
Maple Leaf recipes ended last week, i think on Thanksgiving
Mushroom Recipes ended yesterday.

Captain Jigglypuff

I only got the small tree DIY. And Mushroom Wreath but that one pretty much as passed. I’m missing quite a few seasonal DIYs and I think the one that I have the most of aside from the Holiday themes are the ones for Bamboo.

Torpoleon

Has anybody been able to find the Santa outfit at the Able Sisters yet? I know that it is a December item, but I haven't seen it in stock yet. Maybe they don't start selling it until it starts snowing. Also, I think we can get Santa shoes (from Kicks, obviously), correct?

Also, has anybody had an islander tell them what they want for Christmas? I haven't had any of these trigger yet (been buying two of every toy at Nook's Cranny, figuring that it is not likely for multiple islanders to ask for the exact same thing). I wonder if these also don't trigger until it starts snowing. Is it something that comes up after you initiate a conversation with them or would they call out to you like with Reactions?