• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Series

KillerDraco

Already? I didn’t get to say goodbye to all the snowpeople!
Well you're in luck, because the Snowboys are still here!

...Or rather, although Snowballs will no longer spawn and thus you can't make any new Snowboys, the existing Snowboys that you already made will continue to melt day by day per the norm rather than just disappearing outright.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Snowpeople taught us a valuable lesson

ymo7m2ow80761.jpg.png

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I ordered those Dolls for the Doll Festival. That has always been one of my favorite Japanese holidays mainly because I think the dolls are very interesting to look at and I love kimonos.

BCVM22

Well you're in luck, because the Snowboys are still here!

...Or rather, although Snowballs will no longer spawn and thus you can't make any new Snowboys, the existing Snowboys that you already made will continue to melt day by day per the norm rather than just disappearing outright.

Oh thank goodness. I’ll cherish the few days I have left with them. Thank you.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

confirmation that the Hello Kitty cards will, indeed, bring the villagers back complete with all their furniture.
Oooo. Well it looks like I’m going to need to send six Residents packing. I’m definitely keeping Miranda, Boomer, Sprocket, and Kabuki. The rest I don’t care about kicking out except for Olaf and Lyman.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I’ve decided to try to make a Little Zen garden in the one corner of my Island but there are so many flowers I need to get rid of just to set up my garden. I’m thinking of adding the lamps that are currently up for sale for the Doll Festival.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
March is here, so a few things.
1. Two items in Nook's Shopping seasonal menu.
2. Mario items are in Nook's Shopping promotional menu.
3. Firefly Squid and Spider Crab are available.

I think the Warp Pipes could be helpful for flower cleaning. I'll put one next to my store.

Also, I caught the Spider Crab, but I have to wait until 9 PM for the Firefly Squid.

Torpoleon

I completed the museum in ACNH today (Firefly Squid & Spider Crab were all I needed). This is the first time I have ever completed the museum in an AC game (and of course there is no reward for that in this game....).

Hopefully the museum gets certain updates soon, which were datamined a while ago.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Yeah, I just caught the Firefly Squid, so my museum has every creature, but not every painting.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
March is here! (sorry forgot post the monthly creatures list)
Fish
Tadpole100PondTinyAll day
Loach400RiverSmallAll day
Cherry salmon1,000River (Clifftop) PondMedium-small4pm - 9am
Char3,800River (Clifftop) PondMedium-small4pm - 9am
Golden trout15,000River (Clifftop)Medium-small4pm - 9am
Barred knifejaw5,000SeaMedium-smallAll day

Bugs
Yellow butterfly160Flying4am - 7pm
Tiger butterfly240Flying4am - 7pm
Peacock butterfly2,500Flying by hybrid flowers4am - 7pm
Mantis430On flowers8am - 5pm
Orchid mantis2,400On white flowers8am - 5pm
Honeybee200Flying8am - 5pm
Stinkbug120On flowersAll day
Man-faced stink bug1,000On flowers7pm - 8am
Ladybug200On flowers8am - 5pm

DSC
Turban shell1,000SmallSlowAll day
Chambered nautilus1,800MediumSlow4pm - 9am
Umbrella octopus6,000SmallQuick long lungesAll day
Firefly squid1,400TinySlow9pm - 4am
Spider crab12,000HugeQuickAll day

Bold= New, Source:Animal Crossing Wiki

I'm now finished with Deep Sea Creatures! Museum is 3/4 complete.

March is all Super Mario items in your nookphone (promotions). Reminder you can only order 5 times per day.

R_N

Side note: if anyone was worried the mario items would go away after march, they confirmed on twitter that they wont.

Torpoleon

If you delete a user profile on your Switch, the character still remains on the island, right? Does this apply to the resident rep as well or does deleting a user profile that used the resident rep delete the island?

I'm not talking about deleting characters within the game. Just deleting user profiles from the Switch itself.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
There are 4 Shamrock clothes in the Able Sister's shop.

Shamrock Hat, Shamrock Sunglasses, Shamrock Suit, and Shamrock Shoes.

There 3 Shamrock seasonal items in the NookShopping app.

Shamrock Doorplate, Shamrock Rug, and Shamrock Soda. Note is that these items don't appear on the same day, so you'll have to wait to get other items daily.

And finally there's DIY recipe from the floating ballons. Called Shamrock Wand. It's design is very disappointing.

Do these things on March 10 to 17th.

Torpoleon

For Feng Shui, I know that red, green and yellow items need to be placed in specific spots in a room, but does this have to be all items of those colors?

For example, if you have 2 red items, can one be placed in the correct spot and one be placed elsewhere in the room without missing HHA points?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
No. They need to be in specific areas.Yellow goes in the West for wealth, Green is south for luck, and red in the east is for finding more items.

R_N

No. They need to be in specific areas.Yellow goes in the West for wealth, Green is south for luck, and red in the east is for finding more items.
Note that while the HHA still tracks Feng Shui, the luck system is not a "thing" in new horizons at all apparently. The closest to it is that if you wear the pharoh's mask you'll trip sometimes.

Torpoleon

Now that ACNH has been out for a year, how much playtime do you guys have in this game and how does it compare to other games you own?

I have nearly 460 hours in the game, which has to be a new record for a single year for me. It is my most played Switch game (beating Smash which has 435 hours) and easily my most played AC game (beating New Leaf, my most played 3DS game, which has about 325 hours).

Of games that track playtime, it is only behind SSBB, which has 530 hours (though that obviously counts my playtime and my brother's playtime...if you combine our SSBU playtime, ACNH would be pretty far behind). Nonetheless, ACNH should surpass 530 hours this year for me.

It's highly likely that ACNH could end up being my most played game of all time but there is no way to track my GCN & GBA playtimes (and I know I've restarted in games like LeafGreen multiple times).