• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing: The Movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paradox

Irate Pirate
http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/708/708595p1.html

According to Japan's Hochi Shimbun online edition, Nintendo has, as of 5/8, shipped three million copies of Animal Crossing: Wild World to Japan. The game, known as Oideyo: Doubutsu no Mori in its native land, has been such a success, in fact, that Nintendo has chosen to branch the franchise off to a new media: anime.

The currently untitled Animal Crossing animated movie is is being prepared for a planned Japanese opening in December. Serving as director is Jouji Shimura, known for his work on Master Keaton and Shin Angyo Onshi. The game's staff is said to be cooperating on the project, which promises to retain the themes that have helped the game appeal to all audiences.

A US release for the movie has yet to be announced.
ok... :confused: They do know AC doesn't have a storyline don't they?

squirtle_squad_leader

Yelly Von Hollerlots
I was so excited when I read this yesterday. I've always thought Animal Crossing could make a fantastic anime, despite the absence of a storyline in the games. There's a plethora of hilarious characters.

The choice to make it a movie, rather then a series, is strange. A series would be much simpler, story-wise. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with, though.

Little_Pikachu

With Action Amusing!
That will explain the strange text message I got from my friend stating "OMG OMG ANIMAL CROSSING MOVIE!!!!".

Animal Crossing has more of a story and a plot than a lot of Hollywood movies, I think it would make a pretty cool movie. Our hero gets to the new town and makes friends and can have some wacky adventures with the animals, oh, they better star Kiki! There can be tearjerking moments when our hero's best friend moves away then it can come to a climatic end with the hero gambling every penny he owns on turnips only for them to reach record selling prices on the Saturday, leaving him a multi millionairre!

Ooh, let me write the screen play!!

onix lord

Uh, this is...unexpected? I didn't see this coming at all. I like Animal Crossing and all, but I could never see it being a movie. I guess I'll just have to wait and see for myself.

azurill

**laughs to death**
AC movie?I mean what's the plot?Everywhere would be a single town here!And movie?Series would definetly be more logical.Oh well,I'm really curious to see what it will feature.Maybe it will be mostly related to the upcome AC Wii game?That could have more features.

Xtra

You will be missed:(
The absense of a plot is a good thing. That way, we have no idea what to expect at all.

And if the movie is a success, maybe there will be an anime series.

Dex

Fear..The..Plushie?
Well, It's not gonna be a suspense thriller starring Tom Cruise.

I support it then. :)

Grammer

RUH OH!!!111
Nope, we couldn't get a Metroid movie, instead, we got Animal f***ing Crossing.

I hope it has:
-Mr. Resetti head-exploding death scene
-Tom Nook being tortured
-awesome rock theme song
-main character is a delinquent badass

Jash Thor

Bringer of Lombax
Just because there is a lack of plot doesn't mean a film can't be made from it. This anime will just be based off the Animal Crossing world and create some kind of story from that. I still don't quite know what to think of it, but the good news is that I didn't go "what the hell?" when I saw it. It could potentially become a good animated romp.

Zora

perpetually tired
Also they could put a "plot" in there. Move to a new town, make friends, then have troubles to face. Also, keep in mind that this will, in doubt, get a "G" (if rated at all) so keep that in mind. (PG is possible, but improbable).

Better have Resetti:
(Guess of possible Resseti dialouge)

Resseti: "YOU! GET OVER HEAR! WE NEED TO DISCUSS SOMETHING!"
Main Character walks over and says "What?"
R: "REMEBER NEVER TO RESET!"
MC: Has a blank on face
R: "YOU HEARD ME! ALSO REMEMBER TO GET THOSE TEETH CLEAN!"

Bulk

I think a Metroid movie might've made a little more sense but would've probably ruined the franchise. I can just imagine them giving Samus a husband or making her a guy or something stupid. At least with Animal Crossing, they can't go wrong as... well, there isn't anything to go wrong...

Silver Ryu

~Aqua Dragon~
WTF? 0_o That's...interesting. I wonder how that'll work out?

Nick Mckenzie

dddddddddddddddddddd
This is unexpected. I can sorta imagine a plot, but what about when he needs to get money or something? I don't think him moving in followed by an hour of him running errands or something would make a good movie. But I'll still check it out... maybe.

Omega Pirate

shove it up ya bum!
Paradox said:
ok... :confused: They do know AC doesn't have a storyline don't they?

Ofcourse they know, they did make the game.

I think if done the right way this could turn out pretty good. They'd have to give it a storyline and all but it would probably boost sales of the game even more.

I love the Animal Crossing games and would love to see this movie. The character can go to the post office and the cafe, listen to K. K. Slider and visit the Able sisters. I hope Tangy is in it!!!

Totoro

O hai you guysh !
An Animal Crossing Movie would just be ridiculous! But, if there is going to be one, I shall go see it, eventually...

Alphonse Elric

That's My Rule!!!
What?

Okay, no offense to Animal Crossing fans, but why the hell would they make a movie about ordering your creature to do chores? This is really unexpected, since the game is interactive. How are they gonna put that kind of gaming element in a movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.