• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Wii confirmed for E3 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
ACCFlogo.jpg

Animal Crossing: City Folk;;Wii​

Notable Features
-WiiSpeak: A new microphone attachment for the Wii that enables voice chat
-City/Town sections: The Town section is the normal town that we all know and love. The City portion is the commercial area of AC:CF, and includes all the stores from previous games.
-Picture tool: I guess this lets you take snapshots in game as well as save them to your SD card.
-Real world holidays: They return after an absence in AC:WW (because of "political correctness")
-Mii character: At some point in the game, you'll be able to get a mask that'll make your character look like a chosen Mii.

Screenshots
animal-crossing-city-folk-20080715111425357_640w.jpg

A bus driven by Kapp'n replaces the taxi from AC:WW.

animal-crossing-city-folk-20080715111433654_640w.jpg

The city section of the game houses the shops from previous games. Tom Nook and the Able sisters will have their shops here instead of your own town, which is now a separate area.

animal-crossing-city-folk-20080715111441920_640w.jpg

The sky from AC:WW returns...

animal-crossing-city-folk-20080715111440311_640w.jpg

...as do the stars as well as the ability to create constellations.

More information, as well as videos, can be found here at IGN's official website for the game.

Animal Crossing: City Folk has been finished for quite awhile, so expect a 2008 release date.

Sorry if I'm missing anything; I have limited internet access here in Sydney so I might be missing stuff.

We all saw it coming, but here it is anyway:

http://www.animalxing.com said:
It has now been confirmed that AC: Wii will be unveiled at Nintendo's E3 conference.

The press conference will be held Tuesday, July 15th at 9 AM Pacific time (12 noon Eastern, 5 PM Great Britain, etc.)

So what are you AC fans hoping to see announced for this game, in terms of features and such?

I was thinking about how ACWii would implement the motion sensing controls of the Wiimote. The most obvious option would be different motions for different tools; an up-down motion for a net and a rod, a horizontal swishing motion for an axe, and a downward jabbing motion for a shovel. Not sure about a watering can though; perhaps tilting both the Wiimote and the nunchuk downwards. No clue about the slingshot. Maybe you could just shake the nunchuk or something. Additionally, you could have the option to map different tools to the d-pad on the wiimote.

I'd also like to see the return of acres like in the original AC. Except, without the screen scrolling.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
As an FYI, the rumored name for the game is "Animal Crossing: City Folk".

Besides the obvious visual upgrades needed, personally, I'd like to see the return of traditional holidays, as the made-up holidays in Wild World were, quite frankly, retarded. Sure, there's the argument about certain holidays being celebrated only in certain countries, but with online capabilities, that could actually make things more interesting, enabling you to trade foreigners for holiday items otherwise exclusive to their country, or visit their town on those holidays. If Nintendo feels such a system is too complex, they can make some better universal holidays.

Oh, and before anybody says to dump Resetti - he's a staple of the series. There's no scrapping him.

oh good! i love WW but i lost it. atleast i caught that damn coalacantch. i want this one to be awesome and be playable alot like the first ones.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
As an FYI, the rumored name for the game is "Animal Crossing: City Folk".

Besides the obvious visual upgrades needed, personally, I'd like to see the return of traditional holidays, as the made-up holidays in Wild World were, quite frankly, retarded. Sure, there's the argument about certain holidays being celebrated only in certain countries, but with online capabilities, that could actually make things more interesting, enabling you to trade foreigners for holiday items otherwise exclusive to their country, or visit their town on those holidays. If Nintendo feels such a system is too complex, they can make some better universal holidays.

Oh, and before anybody says to dump Resetti - he's a staple of the series. There's no scrapping him.

What were the Wild World holidays again? I can only remember the Acorn Festival.

I hope "City Folk" has the ability to transfer stuff from your Wild World village, or at least be able to connect to it.

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
I think this has been mentioned elsewhere as well (in Nintendo Power, I believe). You should be able to sync the game with the Weather Channel, so that you'll have the same weather in the game as in real life.

Might be a problem for those who live in areas that don't get rain or snow though...

What were the Wild World holidays again? I can only remember the Acorn Festival.

La-Di-Day... I dunno, some random made-up crap. The only real holiday they kept was New Years' Eve and Day.

They really should bring back the traditional holidays though. The only holiday I could really see that would cause controversy is Christmas, and you see Christmas all over the media during December so it's not really a big deal, imho.

Last edited:

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I think this has been mentioned elsewhere as well (in Nintendo Power, I believe). You should be able to sync the game with the Weather Channel, so that you'll have the same weather in the game as in real life.

Might be a problem for those who live in areas that don't get rain or snow though...

I'm really looking forward to this year's E3. Usually I'm just like, "Oh, E3 is going on right now? Neat." I'm actually excited about it, this year. I'm expecting to see some sort of demo and mention of a release date. My guess is that it'll become a holiday title, much like Wild World was.

What worries me, though, is that if Animal Crossing Wii decides to take a step towards the MMO direction, this game might use Pay-to-Play Wi-Fi. I have heard that some claims that it will not be an MMO, but I guess we'll find out on Tuesday.

Edit:
The Thrashmeister said:
They really should bring back the traditional holidays though. The only holiday I could really see that would cause controversy is Christmas, and you see Christmas all over the media during December so it's not really a big deal, imho.
Non-Denominational Winter Day, anyone? :p

Basement should come back. Slingshot motion's pretty easy to figure out... just simulate the Wiimote/Nunchuk like one... pull back and press C or Z, whichever they go with. Wisp and maybe Farley should return, even though you only see Farley once.

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Wisp and maybe Farley should return, even though you only see Farley once.

Speaking of Farley, the Wishing Well should return. In addition to that, the vastness of the AC town should return as well... that'll probably be most likely though.

And yeahh the basement too.

Last edited:
Northern Light Fest. Remember. were you get to walk around and judge. Wifi should be in it.

fhqwhgads

Speaking of that, DLC NES games that are 400 Wii Points. Yeah, alright.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
City Folk?

It taking place in a city certainly would change things like gardening, bug catching, and fishing.

Hopefully it just means you have visitors from the big city or something. Or maybe a city is a new secondary area...

Last edited:

FenixOfTheFlame

Pearly White Dream
Northern Light Fest. Remember. were you get to walk around and judge. Wifi should be in it.

Why wouldn't Wi-Fi be in it? :|

Somethings I would like is faster and easier travel between other towns and bigger towns. WW had them pretty big, but since the Wii can hold more data than GameCube, it should have a pretty big town.

fhqwhgads

Somethings I would like is faster and easier travel between other towns and bigger towns. WW had them pretty big, but since the Wii can hold more data than GameCube, it should have a pretty big town.
Hehe. The GameCube version was a port with minor graphical updates of the original Animal Forest on N64.

FenixOfTheFlame

Pearly White Dream
Hehe. The GameCube version was a port with minor graphical updates of the original Animal Forest on N64.

I remember reading about that. So that means the Wii one - will hold even more epicness.

And god I hope they release the SD card Memory update when this comes out. I really want it to come with an SD card like the GCN with the Memory card.

Kabuto

little punks!
Sounds cool. I never played Animal Crossing before, should I get the DS version or wait for this?

Actually, I'd really want to look for the GC version, so I can play the NES classics. Odds of seeing them offered on the Wii game is slim because they want you to pay on VC.

Last edited:

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!
I was thinking about how ACWii would implement the motion sensing controls of the Wiimote. The most obvious option would be different motions for different tools; an up-down motion for a net and a rod, a horizontal swishing motion for an axe, and a downward jabbing motion for a shovel. Not sure about a watering can though; perhaps tilting both the Wiimote and the nunchuk downwards. No clue about the slingshot. Maybe you could just shake the nunchuk or something. Additionally, you could have the option to map different tools to the d-pad on the wiimote.

Wouldn't that make the game kinda gimmicky? I've seen many a good Gamecube games be destroyed on the Wii due to horrible Wii-mote controls.

Paden

OG swampert fan. <3
Here's some facts(I could give you a source, but instead I'll make you go look for it =P):

-Not an MMO
-Heavy Wi-Fi usage
-been finished a while, so delays pretty much impossible

Status
Not open for further replies.