• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing Wild World for the DS any one?

Zora

perpetually tired
Also, to add to the emotions, you start out with a handful, and Dr. Shrunk (A pig maybe?) will add more. He is a VIP. Also there has been no word on Katrina, and will not make a return probably due to the US disaster in August. Also, the Coffee shop will have a piano, I had to find that out from a thrid-party support (via screenshot). ALso for those who live in canada, LEAVE NOW, GO TO EB GAMES. ACWW IS ON SALE THERE.

Buthimatic, ACWW got 9.5 in NP, 8.5 Second Opinion. All out of 10

Vortex

*Insert Usertitle*
I was never saying that directly to ya, MidnightScott. XD But I know how some people will go "OMGZ! ANIMAL CORSSING GAMES R KIDDY! EW!" >> I can understand if it didn't look appealing to ya.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Yeah - I know. I want to try games before I get them thats why I never got the one for GC. I didn't get to try it and I didn't wanna buy it and then be dissapointed. Oh well - only a few more days and I will get to play the DS version, lol.

~Scott;229;

Ho-oh Lover

Also, to add to the emotions, you start out with a handful, and Dr. Shrunk (A pig maybe?) will add more. He is a VIP. Also there has been no word on Katrina, and will not make a return probably due to the US disaster in August. Also, the Coffee shop will have a piano, I had to find that out from a thrid-party support (via screenshot). ALso for those who live in canada, LEAVE NOW, GO TO EB GAMES. ACWW IS ON SALE THERE.
Katrina I have heard is in the game but I'm not sure. What happend in august? Yes, ever time Nook up grades his shop a barber will come and give you a hair cut depending on the answers you give her when she askes you questions. I also hear there is gonna be a sling shot to knock down the flying presents instead of hoping it will fall into a tree then eventualy going out of the bounderies. I wonder if you could use it to play like tag. Oh Dr.Shrunk is an otter.

------ ;250;

M

MysticFlames

I've been waiting for an Animal Crossing sequel FOREVER, I can't believe it's coming out in a few days. I think I'm going to reserve it today...not sure.

DJ-Will

Twilight of Aquarius
MidnightScott said:
DJ-Will - have you even seen screenshots...? >_>;

The screen is not too small - the DS is perfectly fine with Mario Kart DS and I'm sure it will be fine with any other game including AC:WW...

I've seen them. The screen is too small. Your character is taking up far more space than in the original AC, and you can't see very far because of it.

E

Ethereal

DJ-Will said:
I've seen them. The screen is too small. Your character is taking up far more space than in the original AC, and you can't see very far because of it.
OK, that's a seriously stupid reason. It's a freakin' handheld game. If it were like the N64/GC version, the characters would be minute in size, so the proportions would be exactly as those on a TV screen. -_-;

Besides, the way the perspective looks now, with the "rolling globe" effect, you can see just as far as you need to.

Zora

perpetually tired
Okay, I got the NP guide book, so I can confirm a few (albeit) a lot of things. First all VIP characters are returning. Second, the final expansion is going to have 6 rooms (including : Save room, Main room, and four minor small rooms). Also, Pascat (How is on the beach once a week) gives a Pirate Themed item for 'saving' him. Gulliver needs to be brought down by the slingshot (PS: He just got back from the martians with his UFO). He gives about 1 of about 10 world icons. About 5 old and 5 new. Also with returning series, the beds may be enlarged. Lovely series and Modern series are the only one I recall. THe snowman series is returning but no Harvest, Spooky, and Jingle. Also Harriat only comes with Nookingtons, which needs 240,000 and an item bought from a forigner. Feel free to ask any questions that the guide book may have to offer. yes, Katrina is back, and 'rips-off' more. (Since when does 100bells hurt anyone?)

Ho-oh Lover

oh sweet! What are the hair styles like in the game? And long brown cuts? What about faces? Other animals? Any horse neighbors that are nice? What about the placing of houses? I want this game so badly 9.9

------ ;250;

E

Ethereal

IF it comes out. If it does, then you'll be waiting a GOOD long while for it to be released. Might as well have the next best thing to hold you over.

DJ-Will

Twilight of Aquarius
Ok, after watching a few videos I see how everything is porportioned out, but I think the planet model will send me for a loop, and things might be harder to find because it's not on a grid anymore. I'll wait for reviews.

E

Ethereal

Well, it is still KINDA like a grid. At least, the map (if I recall correctly....which I'm probably not...*cough*) is still in grid form.

Zora

perpetually tired
Ho-oh Lover said:
oh sweet! What are the hair styles like in the game? And long brown cuts? What about faces? Other animals? Any horse neighbors that are nice? What about the placing of houses? I want this game so badly 9.9

------ ;250;

First her is a face guide: http://www.animalxing.com/faceguideww.php

The hair styles change your hair color and change your hair to one of the other defalt hair. However, your eyes stay the same. What do you mean by other animals. Yes, since there about 8. You can place near the beach, store, measuem, border, or somewhere else.

For DJ-Will:
ACR isn't coming for a long time. This game, orginally named AC2 was announced about 4 1/2 years ago. Unless you want to wait 4 years, GET ACWW.

also, her is a quick list of features, most are common knowledge though:

Animal Crossing: Wild World -- What's New?

There are many characters brand new to the world of AC:WW. Some of these characters are villagers, but many are characters to run new buildings and services.
However, many of your favourite villagers will be returning to the world of Animal Crossing for a brand new adventure.
It has been confirmed that there will be a hairdresser, and a barber shop. The barber shop will be located in Nookingtons. It will be run by a character who appears to be a pink poodle. On your trip to the barber, you will be able to get a new hairstyle, and even a new hair colour! Run by Harriat
You will be able to change and make your own constellations by visiting the Observatory. The Observatory is located on the second floor of the museum, and is run by what appears to be a female version of Blathers. -When you talk to her, you will be able to draw and create your own constellations to be seen by everyone who visits your village during the night. The moon will also go through different phases throughout the month.
From now on, when you visit The Able Sisters, you will be able to do more than just design and create clothing. You can now buy accessories such as eye patches, glasses, and scarves.
You will arrive in your town in a car, which could very well be driven by Kapp'n judging by his new outfit. You will choose your house, and house location by talking to a green duck instead of Nook.
A new item has been confirmed, a watering can. You will be able to take water from the ocean, and use it to water plants and trees.
It has been confirmed by Nintendo that there will be no NES games in Animal Crossing: Wild World.
The villages in Animal Crossing: Wild World have a more spherical look, almost like a small planet.
There is a special machine in Tom Nook's store. Every time you buy an item, it will add points. As your points accumulate, you will receive special items. This seems to be adding to, or replacing the lottery system the original AC had.
The stylus plays a big role in AC:WW. You can use it to move, talk to villagers, go into buildings, make textures, and sort through your inventory. Everything you need to do you can do with the stylus.
You can have up to four people living or visiting in a village at once. It has been confirmed that all players in the game will have to live in the same house, and have characters on the same game card.
As characters pay off their debt, their houses will grow, and have expansions that can house up to four different people in different rooms.
Many popular furniture sets will make a comeback in Animal Crossing: Wild World.
K.K Slider will no longer play on a box in front of the now non-existent Train Station. He now has his own café, which seems to be run by a bean-looking character.
Holidays are no longer a reflection of our holidays, they are completely made up by the designers and producers of AC:WW.
As of today, AC DS will not have Pictochat capabilities built in.
Animal Crossing: Wild World is scheduled to be released December 5th, 2005, and is rated E for Everyone (online experience subject to change).

Wi-Fi Features

Animal Crossing: Wild World will feature both wireless LAN and Wi-Fi. This will allow people to live in and explore their towns simultaneously, putting the game on a whole new level.
With the new Wi-Fi feature, you will be able to visit towns of friends that live thousands of miles away.
When visiting another village using Wi-Fi, both people will need to be online for the town to be visited. The town, and the owner of the town act as a host, and people can then visit the town.
Copper and Booker, former police dogs are now the Gatekeepers, who run the gate where you can visit other villages, and prevent people from entering yours.
When you visit another person's village, they will receive a message telling them that you arrived; the same goes for when somebody enters your village.
The gate is a portal to your village -- if you have somebody visiting, you will need to have the gate open. If you want to go somewhere, you will also need to have the gate opened.
When you visit another person's village, they will receive a message telling them that you arrived; the same goes for when somebody enters your village.
Anyone can create constellations, so you may even see your friends constellation up in the night sky.
The friends list works two ways. While playing with someone online, you can add them to your friend roster through a simple menu. However, if you have not yet connected to the Internet, there is a password system in place. Each town/player will have a password, you can give your password to your friends, and if your gates are open, your friends can visit you whenever you are online!
Players may also receive a letter in a bottle, it has not been confirmed whether the letter will be from a villager or a human player.
Make sure to read the Wi-Fi Guide for more information!

Last edited:

ViNe WhIp

Johto Champion
^ thanks for the info greenlink the face system is really interesting.

Zora

perpetually tired
I found this funny thing in the guide book, trust me it is true. There are fleas in the game, and they can be found on the Villagers. This is how the NP guide books says it is in the bug index (second bug page; 5 down; far left):

Flea
Price: 70 bells
Avalible: Mar-Nov,
Morn-Night

Also, I said earlier that some items are enlarged. here is a list of enlarged items, also some are reduced. (`=Set to two spaces; /=set to 4 spaces, [=set to 1, ]=set to two)
Note: This is only old series/themes. Soem series/themes are now just sets.

[Exotic Bench
/Lovely Bed
'Classic Vanity
/Cabana Bed
/Blue Table
/Modern Bed
'Snowman TV

Thats all

Last edited:
E

Ethereal

Damn GameStop. I called them yesterday, and they said it doesn't come out until Tuesday. Not really a big deal, since I'll be too busy to play it on Monday, anyways. ;/

Chris

Old Coot
MidnightScott said:
you must be a n00b - only n00bs insult others for asking valid questions.

Ho-oh Lover - thankyou for telling something you know without being an ******* and insulting others like that idiot up there did.
Hypocisy at its finest. Tone the attitude down.

Just so you know, it's been confirmed because of the JAPANESE RELEASE. Like the GameCube version, you can change your DS' internal clock and have that certain day come up on your game. None of the holidays we saw in the Cube are in the DS.