• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing

RK-9

Banned
Animal crossing a sadly overlooked game that had alot to-do ingame
so. thoughts and opinions?
sorry this first post isnt very long im tired -_-

BCVM22

How was it sadly overlooked? Nintendo supported the DS and Wii iterations during their respective times with frequent DLC items. It's a deep and complex game, but there's still only so much you can do with it.

Sad to say I abandoned my village nearly a year ago. Everyone there probably grew to hate me and move out, sure, but on the bright side, I don't have to turn the game on and harvest fifteen fruit trees every day.

What sort of thoughts and opinions were you looking for, exactly?

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
I give Animal Crossing one big MEH.

I mean, it's fun for a while, but when you realize you cannot "win", it does sort of lose its touch.

noobers

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I actually played the hell out of the DS version.

I played nearly every day, kept a perfect town, paid off all my debt, collected all fish/bugs, filled the museum, collected at least 50 animal pictures, completed my catalog, and had over 23 million Bells.

Then one day I was playing, and realized "Wait... this is pointless."

And I never played again.

natie

Mr. F
Animal Crossing is fun for two minutes, then gets real boring real fast.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Animal Crossing is a game you pick up once a month, play it intensely for a week, forget it, then pick it back up again next month.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I'd have played the Wii version more if it had animal pics to collect. It sucks they took that out.

I rented it (I got it used from Gamestop, Wii version, a girl recommended it to me). Played it for 25 Minutes. Returned it to the Place the very next day and got my Money back. I don't intend to play any AC again. It's not for anyone who likes Action, Goombas, Swords, Goombas, Goombas, GOOOMBAAAS! I had fun for 10 Minutes though

Last edited:

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I like Animal Crossing.

But it's a game you have to play every day. I don't have the time, so it's hard to get back into it.

woot21

super noob
I went away for college didn't take, then decided after a 4 month break to start over. Decided screw that. Then sold it at Gamestop. Was fun to play with friends from SPPf.

woot21 out dawgs

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I rented it (I got it used from Gamestop, Wii version, a girl recommended it to me). Played it for 25 Minutes. Returned it to the Place the very next day and got my Money back. I don't intend to play any AC again. It's not for anyone who likes Action, Goombas, Swords, Goombas, Goombas, GOOOMBAAAS! I had fun for 10 Minutes though
Maybe it's just bad for people with ADD.
Honestly anyone can pick up and play this game and have fun despite your tastes. It was my type of game to just sit back and relax. Sadly I don't get much of that these days. I guess I should turn it on for Halloween since I saved all those candies since Easter for a reason.

11DBHK

Banned
i hated it when ya get a cool neighbor and they move
though chasing the ones you don't like and hittin' em with a net was good for a laugh.

Khocol4te

The first one, I played it every day for about an hour, just searching for the bell-rock, and buying/selling things to nook and decorating my house and such. I loved every holiday in the game, and always participated in them.

I got the DS version, shirts don't turn out as great as they used to look in AC:GC, less holidays, but I still played the crap out of it, because I could visit other people's towns online.

Wii version is good, but not great. Hopefully the 3DS version will be the greatest?

BCVM22

Hopefully the 3DS version will be the greatest?

Maybe, but perhaps as much as any other series of games and much like Pokémon in this regard, can't you be pretty sure as to what you're going to get out of an Animal Crossing title?

And pursuant to that, can't you be pretty sure that, while you're going to get the upgrades in gameplay and technology that come with advances in hardware and additional years of development, you're still not going to get anything drastically different than the last version?

Sapphire Kirby

Evaluation time!
I used to play my Animal Crossing DS all the time. Though after a year or so, I knew I had to stop. There was no way I could get a perfect town, all the furniture, the bug, the fosils. The game never ends and I would never stop playing. I get too attached to fictional videogame characters. I had no Idea how I would save myself, until I saw an old Gameboy Advance game I never finished. I played that game consistently for one week and beat it. After that, I had no need to play Animal Crossing anymore, and I never played it again.

The Game Boy Advance game that saved me? Kirby and the Amazing Mirror. I owe that puffball my sanity, and my username.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I just couldn't get into the game. It's got cute factor, I'll give it that, but it just doesn't have anything else to it.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I have Wild World for the DS. I have 5 bugs, 4 fish, and 4 paintings left to donate to the museum.

My mother handles the GCN version, which gives her something to do, and I like to visit the islands in the two memory cards we have with the data.

I've been playing for over a year, and I'm still playing it with enjoyment.

I don't think it is under-credited. That may have been the case when the GCN version came out, but it blossomed into the series we now know and many people love. It's a great game for casuals that want to make gaming a hobby.