• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Crossing

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Well I picked up city folk again because of halloween. I'm stuck inside the vortex again. So atm I'm playing catch up on the majority of DLC I've missed.

BGP_

fun game, looking forward to the 3ds game ;D

Molly2010

Pokemon addict
It's a fun game, especially when you play it with friends! But the problem is that it gets repetitive after a week, and then if you miss one day you don't feel like getting back into it. I get scared that the townspeople are going to get mad at me for not picking all the weeds and stuff. Those wee animals can hold a grudge.

BCVM22

Which is even more unnerving. You're not sure if they're sitting there seething with hatred for you or sick with worry for you.

Almost makes me want to fire up my town again after nearly a year.

natie

Mr. F
It's a fun game, especially when you play it with friends! But the problem is that it gets repetitive after a week, and then if you miss one day you don't feel like getting back into it. I get scared that the townspeople are going to get mad at me for not picking all the weeds and stuff. Those wee animals can hold a grudge.
True, true. If I don't play Animal Crossing for a while, I wait a bit longer, to make sure everyone's already moved out to some other town, and other folks have moved in. That way, no one's going to complain. :D

Sprintking

Animal Crossing is a game you pick up once a month, play it intensely for a week, forget it, then pick it back up again next month.

This. It seems every January 1st I tell myself, "You know what game I should start playing again? Animal Crossing." (GCN and DS) So I boot up my games, play them exhaustively for a short period of time, and usually miss a day or two in Mid-to-late January. I tell myself, "Ill play tomorrow, no big deal." But I don't. I forget about them, only to remember a month or two later, starting the cycle again.

R_N

I play in far longer bursts. With Wild World I played it for about three months straight, then put it down for a few, then another three months and so on until CF came out.

With CF I played every day for a year, with the express purpose of meeting all of my goals:
-Perfect town (and maintain it!)
-Wide variety of hybrids (all of which are currently within my house, my alt's house, and their closets)
-Completely filling the catalog (sans things like the yearly New Years shirts or some of the region exclusives)
-Upgrading house and paying it off
-Catching every fish
-Catching every bug (god damn you tarantula)

I probably could have played after that, but I felt satisfied in finally putting it down after so long. There were some spots where I just didn't like it, but overall I just loved the experience.
I am eagerly looking forward to the 3DS game~

Maybe I'll boot it up one more time before the 3DS game hits, see how everyone is doing...

I used, uh, Ocarina, and uh, I could steal from my neighbors houses.
It was pretty cool, and it kicked *** for Yard Sales.
I sold my extra coelacanth about 4 times per yard sale.

R_N

I used, uh, Ocarina, and uh, I could steal from my neighbors houses.
It was pretty cool, and it kicked *** for Yard Sales.
I sold my extra coelacanth about 4 times per yard sale.

I was very disappointed they fixed the yard sales. In WW you could sell off everything in your main room so long as you left the room after they bought 3 items and came back.

ArcanineShrine014029

It's got so much to just plain collect. I think, including EVERYTHING, I saw that the total catalog is about 2,000+ items.

I haven't managed to collect one darn neighbor's photo. I did for moe in WW, but that was before my brother took it and lost it. Moe was my favorite neighbor, too...

Who's a member of AnimalCrossingCommunity? I am.

Within three months I got a perfect town, paid off my house and donated enough money to the town to receive the fountain and get the Golden Axe. I only had the Lighthouse left to get but got over it, I hope the 3DS version holds my attention more than the Wii one did.

R_N

Was, up until I got banned because for shits and gigs a few years back, I MAY have dropped some Museums on peoples' gates I had grown to dislike.

Well that's just mean

(also animalxing is 10 times better than acc)

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Just found my GC disc, so spent about half an hour de-weedifying. I'm trapped yet again in the Animal Crossing vortex.