• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Cruelty. This is terrible.

Mrs Mime

a little haphazard
I won't post videos/pictures as there are young people on here (although they should learn about it at a young age) but there's been recently a Chinese man who has been torturing a cat and taking pictures.

I have noticed a great outbreak in people killing animals in the most cruel way lately. Recently a leopard was burned alive, a dog buried alive, and kittens suffocated in a hoover bag, and much more. I don't understand it.

My question to you is why do you think people act this way towards animals? Many people have poor backgrounds but still don't abuse animals in such a way. What's your opinion? Does it lead onto human abuse? Are the laws too soft on these people? Is it simply in their nature?

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
People often take out their anger on those who can't fight back. I remember in psych class they talked about an example where a man is angry with his boss he goes home and kicks the dog.

There are some very cruel people out there, and most animals are helpless to protect themselves from them.

pokemon player

Sylveon, tho.
That is sick. I hate people who do that, animals have feelings too. It disgusts me.

FiremanLV5

Animal cruelty is absolutely disgusting. Like Jigglychu said, these people probably do it because they know it's an easy fight - how is a kitten going to fight back against being stuffed in a vacuum sack? Though what a kitten could do to make you think of doing that in the first place is beyond me =(

I don't want to sound like everyone else, but this is horrible. It's almost as bad as animal testing.

It sucks. It must be stopped. But just like everything else, it will continue to happen no matter what.

Weez1990

Hyuck hyuck hyuck
These people are taking their anger out on an innocent animal that has done nothing to deserve this suffering.
They should be punished.

That is all.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I try to hold hope for the human race, but with stuff like this, I can see why so many people have become misanthropic. Not only has animal cruelty risen, but I have also noticed a rise in videogames, TV shows, movies, and commercials where animals are portrayed as evil, and humans are forced to kill them. It's disgusting if you ask me. And the worst part is that on other site, I know more people who could actually care LESS if an animal got killed, even enjoy killing them themselves!

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
Animal cruelty is terrible. I sometimes wish that the cruel people could experience the pain they gave the animals forever...

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
The only problem is the laws aren't tough enough to punish these sick, twisted people. I read a story once how a man starved and beat his dog senseless and when his nieghbours heard the commotion and alerted the police, the man got a slap on the wrist and a £180 fine. That's just not good enough.

Mrs Mime

a little haphazard
Thing is this has probably always happened but now we have media people like to post it online for others to see. People comment, the abuser gets attention, and any attention is attention, encouraging them to do more.

I see videos of people feeding live mice to snakes or tarantulas, people say it's nature, even though the rodent has no chance of escape. This further suggests to people that it is okay to abuse something.

Even if a law was put in place in America/UK it would still continue in both those countires and worldwide as it can not be enforced. I highly doubt David Cameron or Barack Obama give a toss about animal rights. In fact the former of the two supports fox hunting.

I think animal welfare isn't really a big issue for most people. It generally 'cool' to not give a crap and those who do are over the top.

Weez1990

Hyuck hyuck hyuck
Where I live, there used to be an animal torture group. They were a bunch of teenagers who thought it was cool to hurt animals.

My sisters and I used to have a lot of pet guinea pigs and rabbits. One day, we came home from school, and I looked out of the window, and saw on the lawn some strange shapes. I thought it was odd, so I went outside.

It turns out, these animal torturers had broken the locks on all the animals' hutches, taken the animals out of the cages and killed them. They lined them all up in rows on the lawn. They all had huge gashes in their bodies were someone had stabbed them repeatedly with knives. Some of the animals were still babies, as well.

We also had pet ferrets that my dad used for hunting. Funnily enough, they didn't touch the ferrets. Maybe they were scared of them?

It was so sad :(

We phoned the police but they didn't do anything.

Last edited:

T-B0ne27

Banned
it is so horrible what these low lifes do to animals. Weez1990- i am so sorry. that just goes to show that the law does absolutely nothing about animal cruelty. i work with a volunteer non for profit animal rescue group and some of the dogs we see are sickening like today we got a mom dog that looked like she should still be nursing and she had a broken leg. also we got a litter of pups that were thrown out of a moving vehicle!

ShadowKyogre443

오션 마스터
Where I live, there used to be an animal torture group. They were a bunch of teenagers who thought it was cool to hurt animals.

My sisters and I used to have a lot of pet guinea pigs and rabbits. One day, we came home from school, and I looked out of the window, and saw on the lawn some strange shapes. I thought it was odd, so I went outside.

It turns out, these animal torturers had broken the locks on all the animals' hutches, taken the animals out of the cages and killed them. They lined them all up in rows on the lawn. They all had huge gashes in their bodies were someone had stabbed them repeatedly with knives. Some of the animals were still babies, as well.

We also had pet ferrets that my dad used for hunting. Funnily enough, they didn't touch the ferrets. Maybe they were scared of them?

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry... I would have been infuriated at them! People don't deserve life if they don't care about life.

Weez1990

Hyuck hyuck hyuck
it is so horrible what these low lifes do to animals. Weez1990- i am so sorry.
Thanks, and yes, the police are absolutely useless. They'd rather be at the station eating doughnuts.

also we got a litter of pups that were thrown out of a moving vehicle!
Were they okay? Did they suffer injuries?

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry... I would have been infuriated at them! People don't deserve life if they don't care about life.
Yeah, it sucked....especially considering that we were about 8 or 9 years old at the time.

hellojazzii

s ♥ n e
I don't want to sound like everyone else, but this is horrible. It's almost as bad as animal testing.

It sucks. It must be stopped. But just like everything else, it will continue to happen no matter what.

.. ? i would think animal cruelty is worse than animal testing (though that too is bad, yeah.)

that is disgusting. i am so sorry that happened to you and those poor animals. :(

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.

If I were to see those kids in real life, they would be the first people to anger me enough to hurt them. That is just an outrage.

Weez1990

Hyuck hyuck hyuck
If I were to see those kids in real life, they would be the first people to anger me enough to hurt them. That is just an outrage.
We never found out who they were, I wished they could have been punished for what they did. I bet there are other people's pets they hurt too.

that is disgusting. i am so sorry that happened to you and those poor animals. :(
I feel sorry for the animals more than anything else, they must have died painfully and frightened to death :(

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
Death penalties... *snaps fingers* AHA! I've got it! If you murder (or injure) any kind of animal with no good reason (a good reason would be poking a wild bear in the eye so it would stop attacking you) gets death (or injury) the same way! Stab a Bichon Frisé to death? You get death by stabbing! Break a guinea pig's leg? They break YOUR leg and throw you in jail for 3-10 years!