• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Cruelty. This is terrible.

Flame Mistress

^ The rabbits thing is terrible... *sniff*

I remember on the news this mad woman dumped a stranger's cat into a dustbin and left it there to die. Thankfully the owners found him safe and sound.

I wonder how she got punished.

Aquanova

I hate it especially when people abuse pets. You bring the animal into your home to take care of and love, not abuse and harm. If you arent capable or wont take care of an animal dont bring any kind of pet home.

alchimiste

My sister had a rabbit once called Smudge (Female) but she didn't pay much attention to her so my mum sold her to a man who had a male rabbit and he promised that he would take care of her. Eventually, Smudge and the other rabbit had 6 baby rabbits and once when the man was out, some teenagers snuck into his back garden and set fire to the cage with the 8 rabbits in.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/group.php?groupid=3451
It's just to show that you think it's competly horrible!

That's horrible! When I was in school some guys used to buy little chicks (that were dyed in different colors and sold for like a dollar in front of our school) and throw them in front of passing cars.

I wish I could say that animal abuse is a product of immaturity, but I volunteer at a shelter here in NYC and we see the saddest cases on a constant basis.. I recently adopted a dog whose tail and ribs were broken by its owner because she wasn't fit to compete (she had an underbite). She was only 2 months old when the owner was reported by a good samaritan.. Now she's four months old and the sweetest thing ever. I really wish I understood how people can be so cruel...

Here's the dog I adopted:

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/...278818517_100002350377853_130496_121819_n.jpg

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/zz304/capitalxsins/blair.jpg

She has mostly recovered but she can't really wag her tail. When we got her, it was too late for surgery and the vet said "hopefully" the tailbone will rectify itself as she grows older. We've seen some improvement (i.e. she can extend it), but that's about it :(

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
In my opinion, in cases of certain situations that involve not being able to take care of your pet, the pet should be put up to adoption instead of gettin ruthlessly killed. That's how I got my two dogs.

kadabra spoon

Silver Emerald...
Its just sick the way some people abuse their power over animals.
There is no punishment to harsh for them

Elision

Fall Apart.
That's horrible! When I was in school some guys used to buy little chicks (that were dyed in different colors and sold for like a dollar in front of our school) and throw them in front of passing cars.

I wish I could say that animal abuse is a product of immaturity, but I volunteer at a shelter here in NYC and we see the saddest cases on a constant basis.. I recently adopted a dog whose tail and ribs were broken by its owner because she wasn't fit to compete (she had an underbite). She was only 2 months old when the owner was reported by a good samaritan.. Now she's four months old and the sweetest thing ever. I really wish I understood how people can be so cruel...

http://i838.photobucket.com/albums/...278818517_100002350377853_130496_121819_n.jpg

She has mostly recovered but she can't really wag her tail. When we got her, it was too late for surgery and the vet said "hopefully" the tailbone will rectify itself as she grows older. We've seen some improvement (i.e. she can extend it), but that's about it :(

How could those guys do something like that to those little chicks!? People who are so stupid to do stuff like this just sickens me!!!
And I really hate the previous owner of that cute little puppy. How could he/she do something like that. Still it sickens me to see/hear that people do that to animals who are still very young.

Also there was once a man who lived in our area (thank god he's moved) and his dog had puppies and he tried to sell them and if no-one bought them, he drowned them!!

Honestly, I thank the people who are against this on this site and other sites and people who are on Th Blue Cross or Dogs Trust or something like that.

Flame Mistress

I recently adopted a dog whose tail and ribs were broken by its owner because she wasn't fit to compete (she had an underbite). She was only 2 months old when the owner was reported by a good samaritan.. Now she's four months old and the sweetest thing ever. I really wish I understood how people can be so cruel...

Oh my god... How could they hurt such a sweet creature? *sobs*

Mevejuma

Why do people swat flies, poison rats and spray wasp spray over wasps but won't hurt a dog or cat?

I guess because dogs and cats and the like are kept as pets, so people will be more attached to them as animals. Also, they're more intelligent and more aware of what's going on around them than an insect is, so it is considered more inhumane. The rest is just pest control really, because they're a nuisance and can damage crops or eat your food or whatever, whereas a cat or a dog is usually innocent, and you're choosing for it to be there in the first place.

Flame Mistress

Wait... so I stopped an argument there? Wow.

Bugs are pests. They annoy us and aren't any good.

While mammals actually are conscious of the happenings around them.

Unless they're Salukis.

Mrs Mime

a little haphazard
I think it's approriate to remove 'vermin', such as rats, if it's going to be of a health concern. However there's no doubt rats are very intelligent animals. Intelligence shouldn't be a factor in what suffers though as it's a human trait being anthropomorphised as important in animals. :/

If they are going to be killed then it should be done as humamely as possible. Sticky traps are VILE. Mice and rats trapped on these are often thrown in the trash alive and often resort to nibbling off their stuck limbs in desperation. People have little empathy for them because of the damage they cause.

Invertebrates... good point. Hard to say.

x

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
Rats. They eat your food and can be a danger to your health. That's why people do kill them. However, people show concern to dogs and cats more because they, unlike rats and insects, are not pests. They are there to be loved and cared for. To be a companion.

Hm, what's your guys opinion on declawing an animal, or neutering/spaying?

Mrs Mime

a little haphazard
Rats. They eat your food and can be a danger to your health. That's why people do kill them. However, people show concern to dogs and cats more because they, unlike rats and insects, are not pests. They are there to be loved and cared for. To be a companion.

What about pet rats?

x

Mankanshoku Mako

To Blue Ralts and fuyu-seetaa:
Wasn't really worth arguing on a thread. Seemed more like just a way to get your postcount up.

[IMG200]http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTEMAY_IOQzxgbOuigvKBvP5QfiKmB0LRjHMGo8drizS8rnFR7x[/IMG200]
If I wanted to postwhore we have the "what's most recently earned trophy/achievement thread" in OVGD. You also really have no place commenting on an argument you one, weren't involved in, and two, had already ended.

Aquanova

What is your opinion on hoarding?

Im my opinion hoarding is animal abuse because the hoarders keep hoarding the animals for the sake of having them and may not be nessesarily concerned for their well being and probably cant take care of them all, therefore leading to neglect of them.

fuyu-seetaa

Birthday: 8/14/1997!
No one really answered so I'll ask again: What's your opinion on how some people will hoard animals? Is it OK for you as long as they are well fed, cared for, ect.? Or is hoarding itself just plain wrong in your opinion?

<edit> I see, that's reasonable. Everyone else, what about this woman? [click this link]

Last edited:

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
Wait... so I stopped an argument there? Wow.

Bugs are pests. They annoy us and aren't any good.

While mammals actually are conscious of the happenings around them.

Unless they're Salukis.

What about Reptiles? I've had herptile pets, and I loved them and they loved me. My pet Chameleon Daedalus loved people. I would take him around town in his travel cage (a bird cage) and he would turn his happy colours when people would gather around him and talk about how pretty he was.

Insects/Arachnids feel, too, I believe. I can't stand to watch kids burn ants (I actually beat a couple boys up over it in kindergarden) or pull the wings off butterflies. You shouldn't treat them cruelly, either.

Spiders get in my house all the time. The only ones I kill are Brown Recluses (we have a problem with those--and they are deadly. I've been bit by them twice, and I don't want to try for three).