• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Cruelty

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
I remember reading somewhere that cows give off harmful gases that pollute the atmosphere or something to that effect.

They fart. A lot. Which *somehow* pollutes the planet

Yes, animal cruelty is wrong. But animal cruelty can come is different ways. Some horses are starved to weigh less, some dogs are bred to fight to the death, some animals are bred for a soul purpose. Some say that chickens which are bred for just eating is animal cruelty. No, it is not. These animals have been raised to die. Horrible fact, but if we raise them with love and care, people would not be able to kill them and eat them. Also, I hate it when people get dogs, horses and other animals, and have to idea how to look after them. When this happens, most of them just leave it to die. If you dont know how to look after your chosen animal, dont have one to begin with. Also, some people have to be cruel to animals to make a living. Donkeys in Africa often work all day, no water, not much nutritional food, hooves over- grown, and yet their owners have to work them like this, because otherwise they can not get food for themselves or their families. Some people sel puppeis to make a living, and even though they have no reason too, theystill do it. Why? Money. Thats what they want.

Ohh-eh-ohh.

Hunting and slaughtering for meat, I approve of, because we eat them. The animals are in this world to be eaten. It's part of the food chain and the natural way of life.

However, I also think that if you kill an animal, it should be done as painlessly as possible, and it should have some purpose.

Mistreating animals for the fun of it though...
No thanks.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Hunting and slaughtering for meat, I approve of, because we eat them. The animals are in this world to be eaten. It's part of the food chain and the natural way of life.

However, I also think that if you kill an animal, it should be done as painlessly as possible, and it should have some purpose.

Mistreating animals for the fun of it though...
No thanks.

I'll go with this. If we wanted to turn this into a non-Misc. manner though, people could view Pokemon battles as a form of animal cruelty, although we can agree that it is a kids game and no creatures are meant to be seriously hurt.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
Animal cruelty is wrong. With the farm animals that are raised for food, that is their purpose. It's not like they are being under fed or physically tortured either. So no, animals that are killed for a use is not animal cruelty.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Screw Africa and screw people. Yea I said it.
What in the HELL.

So no, animals that are killed for a use is not animal cruelty.
But is it morally right?

shadow wolf

The one and only!
I say it is morally right, because that is the way nature intended it to be, that the top predators eats the lower(food chain wise) animal. The Native Americans would kill an animal and use every part of the body. When they kill an animal for game that's when I draw the line.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
So when the heck was it nature to treat dogs better than cows?

shadow wolf

The one and only!
It is not nature like you said it is humans. Dogs have helped us catch prey in our primitive days. Cows are bovine meaning we hunted there ancestors in the early days. If you want to compare dogs intelligence to that of cows, well sorry, cows are just plain stupid.

Tyrant Tar

So when the heck was it nature to treat dogs better than cows?

Early dogs and humans had a mutualistic relationship, they both benefited from each other. Killing the partner would be of no help to either species.

Cows, however, don't benefit humans outside being a food source. The human killing a cow doesn't hurt the human's chances of survival.

J.T.

ಠ_ಠ
replying to old post

Why? We kill animals all the time for food. Why would beating animals and leaving them alive be worse than completely taking their life away?

For the same reason killing someone slowly is worse than killing someone quickly.

Also, senselessly beating an animal serves no purpose towards a person's survival, whereas eating one does.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Wouldn't this same kind of logic justify animal cruelty in some cases? In what way or shape or form does worrying about animal cruelty mutually benefit us?

Did I also mention that dogs are eaten in some places; let alone not cared about?

Last edited:

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Wouldn't this same kind of logic justify animal cruelty in some cases? In what way or shape or form does worrying about animal cruelty mutually benefit us?

Worrying solves nothing. Taking action does.

And not everything is just about being beneficial to the human race. The other animals were here first.

Good to pet, better to chew.

But, I have a soft spot for domesticated animals, and some undonesticated ones like... koalas or bears. I guess I follow that bad philosophy that you don't hurt fluffy animals >_>

treeco123

Did I also mention that dogs are eaten in some places; let alone not cared about?
what's so bad about eating dog,I eat chicken,and I keep chickens(a dog ate one of them)people have pet fish,and still eat fish.
I think humans are cruel to animals,and it should be stopped,but is it possible to stop?(and I don't eat dog)

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
And not everything is just about being beneficial to the human race
Well at least somebody is getting it.

shadow wolf

The one and only!
True enough. How many things do we do that involves animals, that make them beneficial to us?

Ethan

Banned
Animal cruelty adds sort of bother me though. I feel that any and all resources should be devoted to helping people first, then we can worry about stray kittens.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
I do eat meat & all, but very rarely, I think killing millions of chikens & cows and pigs just satisfy the entire pupolation is sick. Could you imagine, you grow up in a barn with many & I mean many friends, and your only life's purpose is to be killed & fed to another? That's pretty sad. Animal cruelty plant cruelty human cruelty it's all bad, all living things have souls & feelings that's it.