• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animal Rights

11DBHK

Banned
who says that animals would even want to. I cant imagine that animals would want anything to do with human affairs. If they had the voting rights, im pretty sure they wouldnt vote for humans anyway. Animal rights isnt about giving animals the right to vote. Its about letting them live their lives without being harmed or killed or used in a way that would harm or kill them

...do you always take everything so literally?

Is it wrong of a fox to kill a rabbit? Wrong of a lion to kill a zebra? Should we tell them to eat nothing but veggies? I don't think so. I'm actually a vegetarian though, not because I support animal rights but because I don't like the taste of meat. I only mind the production of meat because it's bad for the environment. I don't mind when people eat meat because it's a part of nature's cycle and has always been. It makes more sense to me that one would go vegetarian for the environment.

Cldawson

I control Time so ha
As God created us to be omnivores, I will not force an opinion on vegetarians. They have made their choice. But animals can not talk/communicate with us, or be able to make choices. Animals are not people and are not smart enough to make logical choices. Can they make machines? No. We were created to rule over the other species so they are not worthy of many rights. I agree that we should not torture them but not that we should not be able to kill them if they maul us or something.

Byzantine

So because I cannot communicate with someone who does not speak English I am automatically better than they are and thus I can do whatever I wish to them? Real nice logic there.

Religion is always a weak argument for any side, simply because stating "it is this way because God made it this way" isn't an argument, it can only be taken as either a statement of fact or as a pointless statement.

Making machines may not be a logical choice itself, you know. Ever watched the Terminator? Well, the scary thing is that really could happen, one rouge computer program that is given enough intelligence would be capable of hacking into every defense system on the planet, and then we go boom. In other words, there is a logic to not using tech, a very simple one: You are far less likely to accidentally blow up the planet with a pile of rocks than with a nuke.

We aren't superior at all, that is simply a natural assumption that nearly everyone makes, either consciously or subconsciously, but the cause is the same: Its arrogance, the natural pride of assuming yourself to be better than something else. Its natural, and its also very stupid.