• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v.4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grei

not the color
What about a snake-in-the-grass? Like, a literal snake that travels around in a bush.

That'd be cool. I think it'd need the Poison-type in order to help differentiate it from Snivy, though.

GalladeX said:
EDIT: My friend Zax on the SPPChat suggested a Mosquito, a Bald Eagle, and an Ouroborous. I think the Ouroborous sounds cool. What do you guys think?

Well, we have Wargle for an Eagle. Although it doesn't look bald it's red, white, and blue, representative of America, so another eagle would need something extra to make it seem separate from Wargle. Mosquito is long overdue, though, I would love one of those.

An Ouroboros (for those like me who didn't know what it was, it's a serpent symbolically eating its own tail) sounds really neat. I could see one being a Legendary. Pure Dragon or Dragon/Poison, possibly.

Ghostie

Unidentified Ghost

BCVM22

There's already a hyena (Mightyena), but it appears to have some physical traits of a wolf, so a true hyena might be interesting.

Mightyena is a pretty "true" hyena. The second image here tells the tale: Mightyena has the shaggy coat, the longer snout, the ears, the tail, the shape and the posture of a hyena. Any "physical traits of a wolf" it has are due to the natural physical similarities between hyenas and wolves.

Last edited:

Eivui

Uses of Psychics
Point taken. My mental image of a hyena was the top image, which isn't as close to Mightyena in my eyes. The bottom one matches it better.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Frilled lizard, Puffin, Anaconda, Praying Mantis, Cockroach.

Enpeithree

As many e's as Eevee
I think either a flea, narwhal, or a dung beetle looking Pokemon would be interesting. Maybe the narwhal could be a fossiled Pokemon (I can just see it as that).

Porygandrew

I'd also like a werewolf Pokemon (Dark/Fighting). Zoroark is not a werewolf, so don't say that. As previously mentioned, it is a kitsune, with traits from theater.
It would be interesting to see what a werewolf pokemon would be like. Since no pokemon as of yet (save Shaymin in some respect) does a forme-change based on time of day, I could see a werewolf pokemon changing forme at night. Perhaps from a fighting-type to a Dark/Fighting-type? Then in the morning change back. Heck, I would go as far as allowing a forme change in the middle of a battle if it fell during that time period.

Is there a geisha pokemon? The only thing I can think of that could remotely be a geisha is Gardevoir, but that's more of a western design.

No. 1 Machop Fan

Frilled lizard, Puffin, Anaconda, Praying Mantis, Cockroach.

I think I heard somewhere that Zuruggu and Zuruzukin are part-frilled-neck lizard, even though they're still mostly based on a street teenager.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Praying Mantis
Scyther.
Hyenas

Mightyena family.
EDIT: My friend Zax on the SPPChat suggested a Mosquito, a Bald Eagle, and an Ouroborous. I think the Ouroborous sounds cool. What do you guys think?
Woogooru is a bald eagle.
That's funny, because a number of us have already suggested things like "an Ice-type wolf" or "a Water/Dark anglerfish" or "an Electric/Bug or Fire/Bug lightningbug," and each time you were quick to put down our ideas and then tell us we were wrong. Now that someone else caught you on your already-used idea, you go ballistic and act as though you're above being incorrect?

A hermit crab has already been used. Obviously, we cannot have another one, as it has been made clear in this thread. Why you would post something so utterly ridiculous is beyond logic itself.
1. Those aren't different concepts, those are just different types.
2. And how many cats and dogs do we have? How about moths? Rats? Turtles? Tortoises?
Calm down guys, please. No need for name-calling, we're all mature human beings here.
I want them to make a koala Pokemon. They don't have enough Pokemon to highlight Australia; pretty much all they have are Sandile, Kangaskhan (which I still say is a pretty weak representation of a Kangaroo), and Psyduck (yeah, I think it looks enough like a platypus to count as one). Now how about some other outback favorites: dingoes, emus, koalas, a boxing kangaroo (note, the boxing part is crucial for me in this case), a wombat, wallaby, wallaroo, and echidna.
1. Well, some of us are more mature than others. Eg., the idiots condemning my every post...
2. Cyndaquil is an echidna. Also, Breloom is a somewhat better representation of a kangaroo, though not by much.
Unless there's a hermit crab that looks like it's back is made of ice/lives in a climate where it has ice on it's back I don't understand why you would suggest such a concept. We're suggesting animals, not designs.
You've suggested your fair share of concepts and designs too, you know.

Speaking of mantises, while Scyther is a praying mantis, I don't think we have an orchid mantis. Grass/Bug type, maybe.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Prove it.
As for the animals themselves. Hrm-hrm-hrm.. How about a burrowing owl?
You just proved it yourself. Hoothoot is an owl, and it somewhat resembles a burrowing owl, but it's not a traditional burrowing owl.

Perhaps a hemicyclaspis for a fossil Pokemon?

Grei

not the color
Woogooru is a bald eagle.

I said this. I'm pretty sure it was made clear by a mod long ago that if someone has already clarified than an animal has been used, nobody needs to repeat it.

Rayquaza Master777 said:
1. Those aren't different concepts, those are just different types.

:|

Which would involve different concepts. Come on. A freaking monkey would have been able to connect the dots here: If two Pokemon are dogs, but one is a Fire-type and one isn't, then obviously, they have different concepts. Duh.

Rayquaza Master777 said:
2. And how many cats and dogs do we have? How about moths? Rats? Turtles? Tortoises?

Well, you've made it fairly clear that an animal cannot be used twice in Pokemon designs, so you tell me.

Rayquaza Master777 said:
1. Well, some of us are more mature than others. Eg., the idiots condemning my every post...

I'd say it's Just Desserts.

Rayquaza Master777 said:
an orchid mantis

Scyther.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy

Scyther is a praying mantis, not an orchid mantis. DIFFERENT CONCEPT. Now why don't you idiots stop criticizing my every word, crawl into a hole, and die?

On topic, perhaps a Rock/Ghost or Ground/Ghost type tombstone?

Porygandrew

Scyther is a praying mantis, not an orchid mantis. DIFFERENT CONCEPT. Now why don't you idiots stop criticizing my every word, crawl into a hole, and die?

On topic, perhaps a Rock/Ghost or Ground/Ghost type tombstone?

(it's been suggested before) but I would love to see it teamed up with a stereotypical white-sheet, chain-rattling ghost that's ghost/steel type. An outside haunted graveyard ftw!

Oh, keeping with the theme, how about an animated clock [ghost-type pokemon with a scythe as a pendulum. It'd hang around people ticking down the time they have left on earth?] (italics as a descriptor to the 'not-pokemon' in bold; to differentiate from the "Create-A-Pokemon" thread).

Last edited:

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
You just proved it yourself. Hoothoot is an owl, and it somewhat resembles a burrowing owl, but it's not a traditional burrowing owl.

Perhaps a hemicyclaspis for a fossil Pokemon?

Ow.. ow ow. Ow, my head.

A burrowing owl is a real animal. A chucking hermit crab made of ice sure as Helsinki ain't.

The katydid hasn't been represented yet as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.