• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v.4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxragdollxX

Jazz hands
I would say a Donkey and maybe a platypus.

pokeaaron3

Shiny Collector
If Scythor is a mantis of some sort what is Scizor?

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Psyduck is a platypus. Note the claws, the fur, and the lack of wings.
Ow.. ow ow. Ow, my head.

A burrowing owl is a real animal.
Yes. And Hoothoot reminds me of it (I can't really say why, though...).

Maybe a Canada goose? It could change appearance with the seasons like Shikijika and Mebukijika. Normal/Flying type, probably, but maybe Water/Flying.

GalladeX

On the topic of the ourborous, I was thinking it could be kinda like a plant, and get nutrients out of its tail.
...That sounded better in my head.

ANYWAY.

I don't think we have an Iguanadon. A Iguanadon mon with a really big emphasis on those thumb-spikes would be cool.

EDIT: Ball lightning?
AND THIS THING.

Last edited:

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
A Dalmatian? I was thinking a Water type with light blue body and darker blue spots?

A Tiger Snake? Rock/Poison I assume, as in Australia they can live in the desert, and they are bloody venomous!

Koala or Wombat. Dunno about Koala, probably Grass, but Wombat would be Ground.

Oh yeah, since I was recently playing Donkey Kong Country Returns, hows about a Tiki Totem Pokemon?

Skydra

Technically a platypus would have a male form that would be Poison type because of the venomous claw on the male platypus' claw (back or front, don't remember).

They must make a PANGOLIN! See link-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangolin

A cuddlefish would be nice too.

m190049

Local psychopath
Oh look my thread was remade. And it WASN'T because of inactivity.
I feel so proud. I should do a dance or something. But I wont. I won't.
No... *Eyes gleam in the shadows*

Anyway, now that I have confused you all,
A narwhal. Most definitely, a narwhal. For those uninformed, a narwhal is, in layman's terms...
a whale with a gigantic freaking spiral horn jutting out of it's face. How awesome is that!?
It lives in polar regions, and so would definitely be a Water if not Ice type, but Idunno, nor care much
Narwhal needs to become a Pokemon. It's just too awesome to not be one.

XxragdollxX

Jazz hands
Rayquaza Master777 said:
XxragdollxX said:
Psyduck is a platypus. Note the claws, the fur, and the lack of wings.
I'm guessing by the lack of a reply about the donkey that there isn't a Pokemon based on it.
I would also like to suggest gecko, newt and Komodo Dragon

Grei

not the color
Scyther is a praying mantis, not an orchid mantis. DIFFERENT CONCEPT.

Not really. Scyther is a mantis. We can't have another.

How about a platypus with a top hat? A T-Rex with cancer? A pickle?

OK, I'll stop.

But anyway, a chimera would be cool.

Last edited:

XxragdollxX

Jazz hands
I don't think there is a cockroach or a baboon.

XxragdollxX

Jazz hands

Grei

not the color

Baboon is arguably within either Infernape or Darmanitan (I can't remember which). Not that that matters much--the fact that three Fire/Fighting Starters and three Fire-type monkey-esque Pokemon (respectively) have been created just goes to show that Sugimori will design anything he wants to.

Status
Not open for further replies.