• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v.4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

XxragdollxX

Jazz hands
I'm just wandering. Is Tsunbeaa a yeti or a polar bear.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
I wouldn't suggest getting anyone here started on who is infuriating, pal. Maybe now you have some idea of how everyone who isn't you feels.
That'd be very strange and... random. First, Torterra isn't a walking forest, its a world turtle. They didn't just get the idea of putting a forest on the back of a four-legged creature, they took the concept of the world turtle (a turtle that carried the world on its back), arguably gave it Ankylosaurus features, and made it into a Grass-type Pokemon. A walking graveyard is not, as far as I know, an actual legend or anything in our world.

Of course, that's no reason for it not to happen. Just saying... it lacks what most Pokemon have in their designs--a concept or object/animal as a basis. Perhaps simply a tombstone Pokemon or two (counterpart tombstones?) that emit a mist and all gather in fields at night, forming cemeteries? Hmm.
1. You and those other idiots are more ignorant and infuriating than I could ever dream of being.
2. Torterra is a walking forest AND a world turtle, as well as an ankylosaur or nodosaur. A graveyard could be on the back of a quadrupedal (or more) animal commonly assosciated with death, such as a rat, a black cat, an American Burying Beetle, or something else.

I'm just wandering. Is Tsunbeaa a yeti or a polar bear.
I'd say a little of both.

Maybe a Pokemon that uses Japanese hand fans (sensu) to fight? It could be Fighting/Flying type, perhaps based on a geisha physically. It would stir up fierce gales using its fans, as well as flying using them.

Last edited:

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
1. You and those other idiots are more ignorant and infuriating than I could ever dream of being.
2. Torterra is a walking forest AND a world turtle, as well as an ankylosaur or nodosaur. A graveyard could be on the back of a quadrupedal (or more) animal commonly assosciated with death, such as a rat, a black cat, an American Burying Beetle, or something else.
How about a huge decaying scarab beatle. I mean they were part of the death ceremony for the egyptian people

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
How about a huge decaying scarab beatle. I mean they were part of the death ceremony for the egyptian people
That's actually a really good idea. The scarab could also be partially mummified, as the Egyptians would mummify scarab beetles.

Maybe a drop bear? It could be Dark/Fighting type, or maybe an alpine drop bear for a good Ice/Dark or Ice/Fighting type. Maybe even an aquatic drop bear for a Water/Dark or Water/Fighting type. Could be a really great legendary for a region based on Australia or part of it.

BCVM22

With permission, the list of "debates of note" in the first post has now been upgraded to "The list of 'LET IT GO DAMMIT' debates", denoting matters that simply can't and shouldn't be brought up anymore. All take note, please.

The upgrade did cost some money and everyone will have to kick in five dollars.

Last edited:

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
Okay... some animals I'd like to see...

First of all, a narwhal. A horned whale already seems a bit nutty (and a bit cool) and I'd like to see how Pokémon would handle it. I'd love it to be Water/Ghost (due to the nickname 'corpse whale') but due to it living in the Artic it would probably end up as Water/Ice. Still.

Secondly, a squid. Burungel doesn't count, it doesn't have the right body shape (e.g. the flaps). I find it hard to believe there isn't a Kraken like Pokémon yet. Water type of course.

Maybe a diamondback Pokémon? We don't have any proper rattlesnakes yet. Poison or Poison/Dark, for obvious reasons. That'd be interesting.

Overall though, the animals they do have are pretty good. And some less well-known animals I like, for example the Honduran White Bat, DO have Pokémon versions, so that makes up for it.

rocky505

Secondly, a squid. Burungel doesn't count, it doesn't have the right body shape (e.g. the flaps). I find it hard to believe there isn't a Kraken like Pokémon yet. Water type of course.

Tentacool and Tentacruel both have squid characteristics.

Chibi_Muffin

Smart Cookie
[img139]http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/f/fa/023Ekans.png[/img139]
?

Sorry, I guess I just thought that it didn't count, as it doesn't use its rattle.

Tentacool and Tentacruel both have squid characteristics.

...Actually, to be honest, I don't see it. They look way too much like jellyfish, I can't see a squid resemblance at all.

Sorry about that. =/ I was just looking right at the Pokémon and not thinking really hard, just at their most obvious inspirations.

BCVM22

The Tentas have considerable jellyfish origins, absolutely, but they also have the larger, conical heads, the two elongated tentacles relative to the rest and the beak-claws (more prevalent on Tentacruel), all of which are characteristics of squids.

XxragdollxX

Jazz hands
What about a warthog, hydra and an ivy pokemon. I don't they have been turned into pokemon yet.

Grei

not the color

We aren't ignorant if we are right.
And if that makes us infuriating, so be it. That doesn't make us any less right.

Rayquaza Master777 said:

Excuse me? Uh, no. It's a world turtle. Why in the world would a walking forest just have some mountains walking along with it? That doesn't make any sense at all and if you knew anything about Torterra or the world turtle, you know how stupid of a notion that is. Just because it's Pokedex entry says that herds of Torterra are mistaken for walking forests does not mean it's a walking forest.

Pikachu's dex entry states that groups of them can cause thunderstorms. OHEMGEE PIKACHU'S A WALKING THUNDERSTORM!!!!1111!--no. No. That's idiotic.

It's a world turtle. A specific legend that talks about the world being on the back of a turtle. Not a walking forest, which has never and will never be any sort of mythical concept. Just say that idea out loud--it doesn't make any sense at all.

Therefore, the idea that GameFreak is just going to put random locations on the backs of random animals is likewise idiotic. What would be next? A playground on the back of a giraffe? A supermarket on the back of a platypus? None of these ideas have anything to do with any sort of myth or old legend, unlike a world turtle.

What about a warthog, hydra and an ivy pokemon. I don't they have been turned into pokemon yet.

Sazandora would like to say hi to your hydra idea.

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
what about that ant pokemon in unova

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
What about an ant? Trapinch is NOT an ant. It's based off of an antlion.

Aianto.

Hydra: Sazandora
We aren't ignorant if we are right.
And if that makes us infuriating, so be it. That doesn't make us any less right.

Excuse me? Uh, no. It's a world turtle. Why in the world would a walking forest just have some mountains walking along with it? That doesn't make any sense at all and if you knew anything about Torterra or the world turtle, you know how stupid of a notion that is. Just because it's Pokedex entry says that herds of Torterra are mistaken for walking forests does not mean it's a walking forest.

Pikachu's dex entry states that groups of them can cause thunderstorms. OHEMGEE PIKACHU'S A WALKING THUNDERSTORM!!!!1111!--no. No. That's idiotic.

It's a world turtle. A specific legend that talks about the world being on the back of a turtle. Not a walking forest, which has never and will never be any sort of mythical concept. Just say that idea out loud--it doesn't make any sense at all.

1. Well, at least, it wouldn't if you were right in the first place. You wouldn't be ignorant if you WERE RIGHT, however, you are wrong. Therefore, you are an ignorant little git. Just give it up. I'm right and you're wrong.
2. Fine, I give you that. Although, mirages of moving forests have been reported...

What about Shiftry, it hands/leafs act very much like hand fans.
Eh, put it in a kimono and give it real handfans and then we'll talk.

Tentacruel, partially.

Maybe a Pokemon based on some sort of weevil? I don't think we have any of those yet.
Also, maybe a stink bug?

Also, BCVM22, I think you have part of your first post a bit backwards. Psyduck is a platypus with duck-like features, not a duck with platypus-like features. Not that there's much of a difference, but I'm just pointing it out.
I liked the old thread better, by the way. The old thread was more open, plus it didn't have you as the almighty thread-dictator.

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
I liked the old thread better, by the way. The old thread was more open, plus it didn't have you as the almighty thread-dictator.

This new thread is no different, other than that more and more members have realized how you can be and therefore you're garnering more and more people who don't care for your snotty comments. It wasn't any more open, it's just that people had a little more tolerance for you back then.

I'm not seeing much thread dictating by BCVM, really. He slightly updated a rule that keeps you from causing flamewars. That doesn't make him a dictator, that makes him intelligent.

Not that he wasn't before, but you know.

On-topicness: I really want a Condor Pokemon. I dunno why, but I've always liked Condors. Their wingspans are gigantic. Maybe it could be a part of a Gryphon evolutionary line or something, I dunno.

Profesco

gone gently
Let me step in here for a second.

Folks, saying "I'm right" doesn't make you right, no matter who you are. In fact, saying it repeatedly back and forth to one another is very very not right. It spams the thread and annoys everyone posting in it. So stop. I'd rather keep the thread around for everyone to enjoy than keep members who don't stop arguing around.

We should not have to get into slapfights with each other every time a freaking platypus is mentioned. Or a turtle, a forest, a dinosaur, whatever. You guys are making way too big a deal out of what a Pokemon is or isn't based on.

The rules of this thread are not a matter of BCVM22 dictating anything. I am responsible for what you guys have to abide by, and if you are not abiding by these rules,

I will henceforth have you banned.

A Pokemon based on a pillow would be nifty. Lot of cool old nursery rhyme ideas coming to mind.

Eivui

Uses of Psychics
What about a mirror Pokemon? Not Bronzor, which I think is an old Japanese bronze mirror, but like a modern glass mirror. It could start as a hand mirror, grow to a bathroom mirror, and the final form could be a gigantic gilded mirror. It would be Psychic type, or maybe Ghost, and it could incorporate the Bloody Mary myth.

Last edited:

XxragdollxX

Jazz hands
Eivui said:
What about a mirror Pokemon? Not Bronzor, which I think is an old Japanese bronze mirror, but like a modern glass mirror. It could start as a hand mirror, grow to a bathroom mirror, and the final form could be a gigantic gilded mirror. It would be Psychic type, or maybe Ghost, and it could incorporate the Bloody Mary myth.
I like the idea but I also thought one of those twisted mirrors you find at fairs and circuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.