• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v.4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porygandrew

I really wish that there was a Tiger Pokemon. That would be so awesome. I also think a Platypus would be cool too.
^ Everyone, ignore this.

I think a whirling dervish would be cool (No, Hitmontop [capoeira], Baltoy [dogu], or Claydol [dogu again] are whirling dervishes)

Lucky-rabbit and good-fortune-pig concepts would be neat as well. Can't say there's anything lucky about buneary or fortuitous about grumpig at the moment.

wallygoesrawr666

Master Of Disaster
Hmm. Had To Think Alonq Time About This One. What About A Pokemon That Is A Panda/Draqon Hybrid. ? Its Got The Body ANd Head Of A Panda, The Tail And Wings Of A Draqon, And Its A Flyinq/Fire Type. Beast Riqht. ? I Know. ^_^

Manaphy22

Manaphy Lover
There are no big can pokemon, unless you count Persian, but Persian is just an overgrown house cat. XD

I think a lion or puma Pokemon would be a great addition. Oooh.. maybe even make the Puma dark-type... :D

Grei

not the color
Lucky-rabbit and good-fortune-pig concepts would be neat as well. Can't say there's anything lucky about buneary or fortuitous about grumpig at the moment.

That would make an awesome group of Pokemon. Not necessarily Legendary (I'd prefer it not being Legendary, actually), but they'd be the "Luck Trio" or something. Lucky Rabbit, Good Fortune Pig, and... something else. I think that'd be really cool.

tmega90

Pokemon Trainer
The big cat Pokemon are
Luxray
Lepardas
Persian

It would be cool if their were others like a Tiger, Cheetah, Jaguar and even though they are not big cats maybe an Ocelot, Bobcat or Lynx would be cool.

CuriousHeartless

Actually, a manticore has the head of a man, the body of a lion and the tail of a scorpion or dragon.
The chimera has the head and body of a lion, a snake tail and in the middle of the back a goats head comes out. Of course there are a lot of three headed chimeras, but that is what the original chimera looked like.

A chimera can have either a goat's head and body or just the head. It is based on the place you read the myth. But, a manticore has a human's body and a lion's head and mane. I've never heard of a Manticore with a dragon's tail, but that sounds pretty awesome.

I really wish that there was a Tiger Pokemon. That would be so awesome. I also think a Platypus would be cool too.

Raikou? mabye it's a saber tooth tiger though lol. yea, i like tigers too

Ooh how about a Magician pokemon who is Psychic type and a Magician Assistant pokemon who is psychic type and is always female?

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
There are no big can pokemon, unless you count Persian, but Persian is just an overgrown house cat. XD

I think a lion or puma Pokemon would be a great addition. Oooh.. maybe even make the Puma dark-type... :D
Lion: Entei, Shinx line.
Puma: Persian, Reparudasu (partially, possibly)
Tiger: Raikou (partially)
Smilodon: Raikou (partially)
Leopard: Reparudasu (partially)

I think that covers just about all the big cats you can throw at us. And by the way, pumas are actually little cats. Common misconception that they're big cats, I don't blame you for not knowing it. :D
RequazaMaster777,

I think I've realized what you've been doing. It seems to me, everytime someone comes up with an animal that hasn't been used before, you purposely find a pokemon that already exist and argue that it is that animal, on just a few similarities. your trolling, and i'm surprised no one has gotten a Mod yet. Stop trying to argue becuase you think you know it all.
No, the animals they mention HAVE been used before, so I tell them that they have because they couldn't tell it for themselves.
1. Because everyone here is only human, even you, and the truly wise (I'd add mature but that'd probably make me a hypocrite) would understand that, and not pick on people for wrong-doings, regardless of how stupid they are.

2. Those 5th Gen Flying legendaries remind me of genies. Are they in any way genie-like?
1. These people are, like, the least mature people I've ever met.
2. No, they're actually Buddhist deities.
I get the feeling that comment you're responding to was aimed at everyone but you. You tend to make the misguided claims here, so in theory you should be the one who should be most tolerant of idiotic, ignorant, misguided ideas.
It's a sloth nonetheless, we should all drop it.
1. No, not EVERYONE but me. Everyone but me, Machop Fan, and a couple of others.
2. Fine, we'll drop it.

Maybe a mummy for a Fighting/Ghost type? Or for a Bug/Fighting type, a bulldog ant that evolves into an army ant?

Josiah

is your favorite
Pumas are big cats. The definition of a big cat is a 'big cat'. Just because it isn't genus Panthera doesn't mean it's a small cat. Snow leopards and cheetahs are also big cats. Just thought I'd let you know that you aren't the only one who's into zoology here, regardless of what you think.

Now as for an animal that would make a good Pokemon, how about a tree kangaroo? The only problem I can really see is its typing possibly overlapping with Breloom's.

Grei

not the color
No, the animals they mention HAVE been used before, so I tell them that they have because they couldn't tell it for themselves.

You have to keep in mind that in some cases, people don't care that an animal may have been used as a basis for a Pokemon already. For example, I want a wolf Pokemon. I'm well aware wolf characteristics exist in current Pokemon, yet I still want one.

Unless someone clearly says "I want a hermit crab because we've never had one before," then yeah, anyone's free to tell them we have a hermit crab at this point. If it's obscure it's another story.

Now as for an animal that would make a good Pokemon, how about a tree kangaroo? The only problem I can really see is its typing possibly overlapping with Breloom's.

I'd like it. We need more Grass/Fighting types. (Although I see your point; it could just be simply Grass-type since Breloom is already a Grass/Fighting Pokemon with kangaroo likeness, and nobody seems to like duplicate Pokemon--fire monkeys and Fire/Fighting starters, anyone?)

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Yikes, I didn't mean to start a "manticore argument" with a single post!

Anyway, according to a book on Greek mythology I have, a manticore has a lion's head (though with a human face), a goat's body, and a scorpion's tail. That's what I got the description from . . . if it's wrong, blame the book.

No. 1 Machop Fan

1. These people are, like, the least mature people I've ever met.
2. No, they're actually Buddhist deities.

1. And I'm even less mature than them. You should see me when the topic is the premature end of Bionicle!

2. I actually lol'd when I read this. While I admit I have no idea what they're supposed to be, Buddhist deities never crossed my mind. I might have to look into it further.

3. Speaking of Bionicle, how about a biomechanical robot?

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
Grocho glasses, seriously, we need this, we have one for those magnetic faces you draw beards on, so why not some good ol' spy gear.

iaza16486214333700.gif

Grei

not the color
Probopass is based on a compass and those faces they sold as kids that you would draw facial hair on via magnetics.

one of these

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3547/3352555704_3275300b44.jpg?v=0

and probo lacks glasses

they even ue the same material for their facial hair.

Eh... I feel Probopass and a potential grocho glasses Pokemon would be a little too similar. It's one thing to have two cat Pokemon like Skitty and Meowth that are similar, but it's another to have two Pokemon with large noses and mustaches, with their only difference being that one has glasses.

... unless this Pokemon was very separate from, but looked very similar to Probopass, but was disguising itself with glasses so that it could sneak into the homes of Probopass and Nosepass. It could be Dark-type and could often be found holding Wise Glasses or something.

I would actually find that really interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.