• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v.4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

Lucario is a much-softened caricature of the Egyptian god Anubis.

Umbreon is a gestalt fox/cat-like critter, not unlike Eevee.

Hell_fire

......duck...
we have too many bird based pokemon though, and there are too many birds to base them on, if anything we need something based on an ostrich or a terror bird

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
we have too many bird based pokemon though, and there are too many birds to base them on, if anything we need something based on an ostrich or a terror bird
I thought that Doduo was a kiwi while Dodrio was an Ostrich. The latter is fast like an ostrich.

We should have a hellbender Pokemon. A hellbender is a kind of salamander more or less, it has to be at least a Caudata. Then, in the English name, we can call it Hellbition (hellbender-ambition) which can really drive the "pure" Christians insane.

Edit: I was kind of joking about the hellbender.

Last edited:

Landorus

a seamonkey.

Anorith just cried. :(

"Seamonkey" is just a brand name for brine shrimp, and Anorith is an "old shrimp" Pokemon.

Brine shrimp look much more like Anorith than just normal shrimp.

See?

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
Anorith just cried. :(

"Seamonkey" is just a brand name for brine shrimp, and Anorith is an "old shrimp" Pokemon.

Brine shrimp look much more like Anorith than just normal shrimp.

See?

I think he means what we always saw see monkeys on the box and not the brine shrimp we woke up to

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
well i guess a narwhal

ZeroTrouble

You Looking At Me?
A Dark type Anteater
A Sea Cow
Alot of types of Birds like Magpie?

ebilly99

Americanreigon champ
How about a snipe?

Sheik

Baiji? (Yangtze river dolphin) would be cool like one member suggested or a ocean type dolphin like a bottlenose or a orca whale which is also a dolphin..

Someone had told me Gorebyss is based on a dolphin, but I think it's based on a deep sea fish. I seen one on animal show on deep sea fish reminded me of gorebyss well it's long body and mouth did.

As I said a few days ago in the other thread, I want to see a pair of legendaries featuring the concept of the Unstoppable Force and the Immovable Object. They already have the concept of a spear that can pierce anything and a shield that can't be pierced (Bastiodon and Rampardos) but this would truly be perfect for the idea of the ultimate offense verses the ultimate defense.

Also, I want to see a pair of legendaries that respectively control the powers of Gravity and Levity. One would press foes to the ground with incredible force while the other simply turns off his foe's gravity and watches them float away.
A possible third member of the trio would be a Pokemon capable of manipulating pressure: air pressure, water pressure, surface tension, etc. It could halt attacks in mid-air by intensifying the pressure in the air around them until they completely freeze; it could extinguish flames by creating a vacuum around them to get rid of the oxygen; it could boost the pressure around enemy shields to easily crush their defenses.
What do you guys think? Sound plausible?

joshsauce

The Law
As I said a few days ago in the other thread, I want to see a pair of legendaries featuring the concept of the Unstoppable Force and the Immovable Object. They already have the concept of a spear that can pierce anything and a shield that can't be pierced (Bastiodon and Rampardos) but this would truly be perfect for the idea of the ultimate offense verses the ultimate defense.

I like this idea a lot. Immovable object might be steel, or something similar. The unstoppable force could be fighting.

Grassmaster411

Dont, move, a muscle
killer whale, giant squid, raptor dinosaurs, tigers, dodos, armadillo, sloth, goose, flying fish, bombadier beetles, and moose. these are what i think are the best new ideas for new pokemon.

GalladeX

I like this idea a lot. Immovable object might be steel, or something similar. The unstoppable force could be fighting.

I think the Immovable Object should be Ghost/Dark and the Unstoppable Force would be Fighting/Dragon or something similar. :U

Also, two Pokemon based on the whole Optimist vs Pessimist thing would be cool. :V

joshsauce

The Law
killer whale, giant squid, raptor dinosaurs, tigers, dodos, armadillo, sloth, goose, flying fish, bombadier beetles, and moose. these are what i think are the best new ideas for new pokemon.

Giant squid=tentacruel
Raptor=craniados
Tiger=Raikou
Armadillo=Sandshrew
Bombardier beetles=…well, Kricketune looks like one…
Sloth=Slakoth
Dodo=Doduo
Goose=Koaruhie/Swanna

Status
Not open for further replies.