• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v.4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Himura

Mr.Madman
there's a dolphin Pokemon? or an aye aye?....or a toucan? I want a fossil pokemon to be a saberthood cat (smilodon)

Zachmac

Um...Espeon?
Espeon is a fox, not a cat.
there's a dolphin Pokemon? or an aye aye?....or a toucan? I want a fossil pokemon to be a saberthood cat (smilodon)
None yet.

Actually, Raikou is a cross between a smilodon and a tiger, but it's not 100% smilodon, so I won't count that.

Zibdas

not bad
Espeon is a fox, not a cat. None yet.

Actually, Raikou is a cross between a smilodon and a tiger, but it's not 100% smilodon, so I won't count that.
Oh really?
Bulbapedia said:
It appears to be based on legend of the nekomata, also known as bake-neko. Nekomata are mysterious fork-tailed goblin cats.

Zachmac

Oh really?
It appears to be based on legend of the nekomata, also known as bake-neko. Nekomata are mysterious fork-tailed goblin cats.
Right, but eevee is based off of foxes's ability to adapt a the same time. Because foxes changed into cats to live in their environments. It's one or the other, and seeing the Vaporeon/Flareon/Jolteon have nothing to do with cats, it's a fox.

I was thinking of a cat pokemon that evolves into a forked-tail, which then evolves into a two-tail.

And bulbapedia isn't reliable. I read Flareon had the ability flare boost their. They have no proof other then the fact it's tail is forked.

Last edited:

Drdj11

Eins,Zwei,Drei
Kangaroo duh gamefreak!!!!

XXD17

Draco rex
Bisharp and Pawniard remind me a lot of a bishop and a pawn from Chess. I'd like to see a knight, rook, king and queen pokemon to complete the set.

I think Nintendo dropped the ball here; there could have been two versions of a chess set, like Gastrodom (or whatever the East Sea/West Sea pokemon was.)

there's, escavelier, crustle, slowking, and vespiquen...they kind of represent those other pieces pretty well...and I still fail to see how a bisharp is related to a bishop in any way...besides the fact that they are both leaders of some sort...

I think that's the remoraid, IDK. But then again, why would a flying fish evolve into an octopus? Hmmm...

Probably 90% of dinosaurs.

remoraid is a remora, saltwater fish that attach themselves to sharks and rays for traveling purposes as well as scavenging and in turn keeps the host free of parasites, mixed with an archer fish...the closest thing to a flying fish that we have is finneon...as for the dinosaurs, the major groups have been done...sauropods (meganium, tropius), ceratopsians (shieldon, Bastiodon), carnosaurs (and other semi-large to large theropods like allosaurids, tetanurans, dilophosaurs, and tyrranosaurs tentatively represented by T-tar and sceptile), ankylosaurs (as well as nodosaurs represented by grotle, torterra) and coelurasaurs (small theropods consisting of oviraptor, velociraptor, archaeopterys and others represented by archen and archeops)...heck we even got a pachycephalosaur...the only ones I see that are glaringly missing are hadrosaurs (and other ornithopods) and stegosaurs...and maybe ornithomimids...

Last edited:
Today I was looking through my copy of The Element Encyclopedia of Magical Creatures, and I happened across an entry that sounds like the perfect basis for another legendary trio:

#1: Itzpapalotl: an Aztec deity who is usually seen in the form of a butterfly. In this form she is seen as a representative of the soul which all life forms share. She is also sometimes seen as a deer, in which form she is associated with agriculture.

#2: Itzlacoliohqui: The male counterpart of Itzpapalotl, who represents matter in a lifeless state.

#3: Tezcatlipoca: the being responsible for the spark of life.

Together, these Aztec divinities form a trinity who guard the different states of life.

I think Itzpapalotl would probably be Bug/Grass-type; Bug because she is normally pictured in the form of a butterfly and Grass because in her deer form she is in charge of agriculture.
Itzlacoliohqui would probably have some combination of either Rock/Ground, Steel/Ground, or Steel/Rock because he represents lifeless forms of matter.
Tezcatlipoca would be good as a Fire/Electric-type because he is in charge of the spark of life and both of those are things which are representative of both sparks and energy. However, it might be better off being part Water-type because water is the one common necessity of all life forms.

EDIT: Because it took me so long to type this, I refuse to let it get buried in one of these debates, so I will keep deleting and re-posting it until I get even just one response (no, responding to this part of the post doesn't count)

Zibdas

not bad
Today I was looking through my copy of The Element Encyclopedia of Magical Creatures, and I happened across an entry that sounds like the perfect basis for another legendary trio:

#1: Itzpapalotl: an Aztec deity who is usually seen in the form of a butterfly. In this form she is seen as a representative of the soul which all life forms share. She is also sometimes seen as a deer, in which form she is associated with agriculture.

#2: Itzlacoliohqui: The male counterpart of Itzpapalotl, who represents matter in a lifeless state.

#3: Tezcatlipoca: the being responsible for the spark of life.

Together, these Aztec divinities form a trinity who guard the different states of life.

I think Itzpapalotl would probably be Bug/Grass-type; Bug because she is normally pictured in the form of a butterfly and Grass because in her deer form she is in charge of agriculture.
Itzlacoliohqui would probably have some combination of either Rock/Ground, Steel/Ground, or Steel/Rock because he represents lifeless forms of matter.
Tezcatlipoca would be good as a Fire/Electric-type because he is in charge of the spark of life and both of those are things which are representative of both sparks and energy. However, it might be better off being part Water-type because water is the one common necessity of all life forms.

EDIT: Because it took me so long to type this, I refuse to let it get buried in one of these debates, so I will keep deleting and re-posting it until I get even just one response (no, responding to this part of the post doesn't count)

Meh. Not one relates to Nosepass.
I can't imagine a Pokemon that can change from a bug to a deer.
What would the second be? A lump of lifelessness?
And...um...a ball of fire...surrounded by electricity?

Meh. Not one relates to Nosepass.
I can't imagine a Pokemon that can change from a bug to a deer.
What would the second be? A lump of lifelessness?
And...um...a ball of fire...surrounded by electricity?

Well, they wouldn't need to show it changing forms like that, they could go somewhere in the middle like a deer with butterfly wings or something. Or, they could base its appearance off of what it represents in mythology rather than what it looks like in the mythology.

I was thinking the one who represents lifeless matter would have the appearance of a statue (kinda like Nosepass:)). It would be the kind of Pokemon that mostly stands still and uses long-range attacks from a fixed point.

For the third, remember that the design doesn't have to reflect the type. Look at Zekrom and Reshiram, neither of them really looks like their secondary type until you see the power charging in their tails. It could have pretty much any appearance they want as long as at least one of its types is represented somehow.

m190049

Local psychopath
Bisharp and Pawniard remind me a lot of a bishop and a pawn from Chess. I'd like to see a knight, rook, king and queen pokemon to complete the set.

I think Nintendo dropped the ball here; there could have been two versions of a chess set, like Gastrodom (or whatever the East Sea/West Sea pokemon was.)
Well actually, the Chess theme to the names is really exclusive to the English language games.
In Japanese, their names just refer to knives and slashing and stuff...
Not even any other languages like German or French incorporate the theme.

Missingno.Fan

I came up with a good idea for a new fossil. An Rock/Electric Brontothere. The Electric type comes from the fact that Native American tribes found the bones and said they belonged to creatures who make thunderstorms.

jj48

How about they add an electric-type rodent with a cutesy face?!

Joking aside, a Narwhal would be cool. Also, since pitcher plants and venus fly-traps are represented, perhaps a sundew plant would be the next logical step? Something like a Pegasus might be a little cliche, but I'm sure they could put a novel twist on it. Finally, I think they need more Pokemon based on non-living items.

Porygandrew

How about they add an electric-type rodent with a cutesy face?!

Joking aside, a Narwhal would be cool. Also, since pitcher plants and venus fly-traps are represented, perhaps a sundew plant would be the next logical step? Something like a Pegasus might be a little cliche, but I'm sure they could put a novel twist on it. Finally, I think they need more Pokemon based on non-living items.

I made a sundew pokemon based on a cow >_>

baros1

I don't know if anyone has suggested the same before, but I would find it nice to see a lion Pokémon. Other ones I would like were zebra and polar bear, but they were introduced last gen

rocky505

I don't know if anyone has suggested the same before, but I would find it nice to see a lion Pokémon. Other ones I would like were zebra and polar bear, but they were introduced last gen
We have lions. Entei, and Shinx line. There were no Polar bears or zebras in 4th gen you just made a little grammar error.

rocky505

I would really like Lion pokemon it would probably be legendary. Also we should have a coral pokemon.
Read my post above you and we have corsola for a coral pokemon. God I hate people who do not know how to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.