• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v.4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
I wish we had:

Puffin,Salmon,Bobcat,Chipmunk,Bullfrog,Grasshopper,Heron,Llama,
Sabertooth Tiger,Peacock,Camel,Fly,Blue Jay,Dove,leech,Moose,Goat,Porcupine,and Rattlesnake Pokemon. I'm surprised that some of these haven't been used yet. Some of the Pokemon are partly animals that are listed like the rattlesnake (serperior) and porcupine (Sandslash), but not labeled as one. I REALLY WISH THEY WOULD MAKE A PEACOCK AND LLAMA POKEMON!!! :(
Ekans is a rattlesnake..I think.
Pidove is a dove.
other than that, the rest aren't made as far as i know

MotherRussia

ERMAHGERD, MERGIKERP
Raikou is a sabertooth tiger. =/

I wish we had:

BobcatShinx, partlyLlamaOn "the list",
Sabertooth TigerRaikou,CamelNumel lineDovePidove,GoatAlso on "the list", same pokemon in fact.,Rattlesnake PokemonEkans
Anyway, lately I saw a picture of the yeti crab, and I though it could make a good pokemon. The saiga is also a cool animal. The only antelope in Europe. The musk deer, they have tusks and are deer. Also, they was nearly extinct because they were hunted for their "musk" which was used in old fashioned perfume.

Easter Egg

i haz gud grammer
I wish we had:

Puffin,Salmon,Bobcat,Chipmunk,Bullfrog,Grasshopper,Heron,Llama,
Sabertooth Tiger,Peacock,Camel,Fly,Blue Jay,Dove,leech,Moose,Goat,Porcupine,and Rattlesnake Pokemon. I'm surprised that some of these haven't been used yet. Some of the Pokemon are partly animals that are listed like the rattlesnake (serperior) and porcupine (Sandslash), but not labeled as one. I REALLY WISH THEY WOULD MAKE A PEACOCK AND LLAMA POKEMON!!! :(
Numel and Camerupt are camels.
I'd like to see a tree frog Pokemon.

rocky505

Ugh no more frogs we have too many lately. Well same for cats and dogs. Just give us something we've never had. Narwhal, Swordfish, White Tiger, megalodon, jackalope, pegasus, spinosaurus, stegosaurus, toucan, snow leopard, koala bear, Python.

I just found another neat trio in the magical creatures encyclopedia (also covers myths about the spiritual representations or origins of real animal species), although it seems a bit unlikely for them to use:
The Buddhist Wheel of Life: representing the sensual desires that bind humanity to the wheel of samsara, the endless cycle of existence. It is represented by three species, each of which represents a different form of human vice.
The Pig: represents Ignorance and Greed
Serpent: represents hatred
Cockerel: represents delusion

m190049

Local psychopath
Does "the list" even really apply anymore?
We only made it because that RM was a frickin' plague, but then he got banhammer'd and thankfully never returned. =/

Porygandrew

Does "the list" even really apply anymore?
We only made it because that RM was a frickin' plague, but then he got banhammer'd and thankfully never returned. =/

I would say "yes" since by now, even those animals have been mentioned again by people who don't know how to use the search feature.

I would love to have the first post of this updated with all suggestions so there'd be no reason to mention something that's already been mentioned before.

BCVM22

I sure ain't doing it. If you want to assemble such a list, I'll be happy to copy and paste it in the first post.

Lady Vulpix

Among the animals I like, there's no Pokemon based on the largest living rodent, the capybara. Nor the nutria/coipu. But what's even more surprising is the absence of a dolphin-like Pokemon.

A tapir would be interesting too. I could start naming bird species, but there are so many it wouldn't make sense to try to make them all into Pokemon. I'd like to see an hornero, though, not only because it's my country's national animal (along with the cougar), but also because I'd like to see a bird Pokemon that builds things out of mud. It could be a ground/flying type.

bug pro

Pearl on Phone
Why not having a chameleon?
I would like to see a undersea scorpion/shrimp.

m190049

Local psychopath
I would say "yes" since by now, even those animals have been mentioned again by people who don't know how to use the search feature.
Yes but the let-it-go list wasn't so much for dealing with the topic of repeat suggestions, but about the debating over whether these replies were accurate or not. With RM gone, there really isn't much fight though. If someone suggests T-Rex, and someone says Tyranitar, there's probably NOT going to be flame war about it anymore. Which makes that list kinda irrelevant now.

I would love to have the first post of this updated with all suggestions so there'd be no reason to mention something that's already been mentioned before.
It'd be way too expansive to add all suggestions.
Besides, assuming people actually looked at it, it'd bring the thread to a rather bland screeching halt after enough time.

...or a roadrunner, or how about a Loch Ness Monster?

Posted by BCMV22 earlier: Names aside, there's quite a bit of roadrunner in Unfezant (compare).

Additionally, Lapras was inspired by the Loch Ness Monster

A tapir would be interesting too.
Drowzee, and to some degree Munna & Musharna.

Why not having a chameleon?
I would like to see a undersea scorpion/shrimp.
Kecleon is based on a chameleon.
Additionally, Skorupi and Drapion's inclusion in the Water 3 Egg Group infers they may have been at least partially inspired by Sea Scorpions.

Status
Not open for further replies.