• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v.4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removed all double entries
The Bold parts are the changes
New animals/pokemon:
Anemone - Lileep (Debatable)
Tornado - Tornadus (Debatable)
Peacock - Ho-Oh
Thor - Thundurus
Raijin - Thundurus
Fujin - Tornadus
Swalllow - Tailow line
Some kind of pheasant - Unfeazant
Tiki Totem - Xatu
Kingsnake - Serperior
Slug - Slugma, Accelgor
Oarfish - Milotic
Wyvern - Reshiram, Kyurem (Debatable)
Chasmosaur - Bastiodon
Stygimoloch - Ramparados

Fennec Fox - Victini
Victory Sign - Victini
Apple Bunny/ Usagi Ringo - Victini - Added right under "Apple" so people will understand the logic, not sure if I am going to change it from the "plant" category to the "object" category where most food stuff are.
Only gotten "Debatable" status:
Tubeworm - Shelmet (Debatable)
Brine Shrimp - Anorith (Debatable)
Completely removed:
None

Still not sure how often I will update the list but it must be at least five changes and five posts since last time. I like to post it often so new people will notice it(as I see they don't notice the "ban list" in the first post often), but I willstill not spam either.
I will also put a link to the full updated list in the bottom, because i don't feel like posting it all the time, like this:
Full list: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=12787975&postcount=1352

Last edited:

XXD17

Draco rex
I own a kingsnake. Mine is an albino, but I used to have a regular. I have 16 pet snakes and 21 snake eggs; I take great offense when people like you question my knowledge of herpetology. I didn't spend half of eighth grade and all of high school building this collection and learning all I could about these snakes just to have my knowledge of them brought into question. I admit there is plenty of information I don't know about plenty of snake species, but I can easily recognize the characteristics of the species I have owned: King snakes, Rat Snakes (the one species I've successfully bred; hatched 7 out of 7 eggs that were laid last summer; she laid another clutch of eleven eggs last week), Ball Pythons (including spider and cinnamon pastel), Green Tree Snakes, and especially Gopher Snakes (the first species I had that laid eggs; the first clutch died because we didn't know they were coming and weren't prepared to take care of them, now she has laid another clutch of ten eggs which were laid five weeks ago; they are halfway through their incubation period as of today).

I wasn't questioning anything...I was merely stating how it is highly unlikely that serperior is based off of kingsnakes and using examples to back up my statement...If you are so familiar with these guys then how did you even make the connection in the first place considering the things that i have previously said? Being a herp owner myself, I respect what you do but chill out man...people may try to troll but I can guarantee that I'm not one of those people...whenever, I make a statement or argument, I try to always assume that my audience is unfamiliar with the subject and provide examples and evidence for support...it's just good argument building...anyways, good job with the breeding, I prefer lizards myself the only snakes I've ever kept being western terrestrial garter snakes...The only reptiles I've successfully bred are green anoles but maybe that's because the climate i lived in was perfect for them...I've also had white's treefrogs, pacific treefrogs, a green iguana, a pair of African fat-tailed geckos, brown and cuban anoles, fire salamanders, mandarin newts, five-lined skinks and eastern fence lizards...currently I have a pair of green tree monitors....they are really exquisite but are a fortune to take care of...anyways, sorry for any misunderstandings, I try my best to not offend anyone so sorry if I did...

Last edited:
Okay, I forgive you. Also, sorry for overreacting, it's just that I've held the belief that Serperior is a king snake since I first saw a picture of it so it's tough to get the idea out of my head.
As for the reptile keeping, I always feel a bit intimidated about holding lizards but not snakes. I don't know why; I'm fine about being near lizards but I get intimidated about holding them for some reason.

m190049

Local psychopath
I'd REEALLLY like to argue a case against that idea that "Kyurem is a Wyvern" idea.
First of all, it has arms. Which means it is not a Wyvern flat out. Second of all, it's wings are on its back, and are way too slender.

A Wyvern is, generically, very similar to the dragon, except for the distinction that it does not have arms.
Or in practice when it comes to games and such, that it's arms are incorporated into it's wings.
Think something like a Pterodactyl. It's wings and arms are (effectively) the same feature.

For example, this is a Wyvern. Also, This is a Wyvern. Note the physical structure and the similarities between the two.
Inversely, this is a Dragon. Note how it has a full set of arms and legs, and its wings are separate appendages.

Last edited:

XXD17

Draco rex
Okay, I forgive you. Also, sorry for overreacting, it's just that I've held the belief that Serperior is a king snake since I first saw a picture of it so it's tough to get the idea out of my head.
As for the reptile keeping, I always feel a bit intimidated about holding lizards but not snakes. I don't know why; I'm fine about being near lizards but I get intimidated about holding them for some reason.

maybe it's the claws lol...colubrids and pythons are very smooth to the tough and slide easily through your fingers...the extra limbs and the sharp claws do make handling lizards a little more of a burden...along with their tendencies to jump...and some can bite but I'm pretty sure you've had your share of bites...I've been bitten countless times by my skinks but it doesn't really hurt...now the monitors are a different story and their bites can be quite dangerous due to the bacteria...anyways, back on topic...I'm going to have to agree with m190049 about the wyvern...and the limbs on the wyvern I posted were actually its back legs, not its arms...

Last edited:

EnvyTheirGreed

Just keep swimming~
Belugas!
Orcas!
Narwals!
Oh my!

Lions please, [[male AND female versions]]
Some kind of LARGE WHITE DOG, would be awesome. ^^

I would love a pokemon that looks like my puppy.
His mother, kind of looks like an Arcanine, when she doesn't have a summer haircut. Lol.

I'd REEALLLY like to argue a case against that idea that "Kyurem is a Wyvern" idea.
First of all, it has arms. Which means it is not a Wyvern flat out. Second of all, it's wings are on its back, and are way too slender.

A Wyvern is, generically, very similar to the dragon, except for the distinction that it does not have arms.
Or in practice when it comes to games and such, that it's arms are incorporated into it's wings.
Think something like a Pterodactyl. It's wings and arms are (effectively) the same feature.

For example, this is a Wyvern. Also, This is a Wyvern. Note the physical structure and the similarities between the two.
Inversely, this is a Dragon. Note how it has a full set of arms and legs, and its wings are separate appendages.

As I said before, Kyurem's arms are very stubby and don't look like they would be very useful for anything at all. It doesn't really matter if it has arms if they are too small to really be utilized.
Also, I already posted a picture of a wyvern on the last page, so I would think that would imply that I know what they look like. In case you need a reminder:
http://www.serebiiforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2881&d=1306854871

I must say that I personally don't see any similarities between Kyurem and a wyvern.
Mainly because of the sole reason that classify a dragon as a wyvern; that it only has one pair of legs, and wings were the front legs would have been. Kyurem does have front leg(they are stubby, but still exist) and the wings are very missplaced.

Also as XXD said, the wyvern from the Norse mythology might be something completely different from the normal wyvern, because a lack of a good English word.

rocky505

Belugas!
Orcas!
Narwals!
Oh my!

Lions please, [[male AND female versions]]
Some kind of LARGE WHITE DOG, would be awesome. ^^

I would love a pokemon that looks like my puppy.
His mother, kind of looks like an Arcanine, when she doesn't have a summer haircut. Lol.

Have you not read Endless' endless list? We have entei and luxray for lions. We have stoutland and arcanine for big dogs. We have kyogre for orcas.

rocky505

A Rhino pokemon, a Koala and a Falcon pokemon.

They're also some of the ones that I like and want.

We have rhinoceros already 3 of them. And some say staraptor is a falcon. Read endless' list.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
We've had a badger Pokemon, but what about the insanely powerful Honey Badger, or Ratel? I heard about it yesterday. Typhlosion somehow resembles it but not fully.

I'm gonna say that Sandslash is NOT an Armadillo by any means. I would classify them more as Pangolins. I saw the list that endless created and it does list Sandslash as a debatable armadillo but, I don't see it as one at all...

We've had a badger Pokemon, but what about the insanely powerful Honey Badger, or Ratel? I heard about it yesterday. Typhlosion somehow resembles it but not fully.
I think Typhlosion is close enough to a badger. However we need a big mean honey badger. The only one I have ever heard say Typhlosion was a honey badger was RM77 and in some posts later he even said that he didn't believe it himself but it was somehow true.

Have you not read Endless' endless list? We have entei and luxray for lions. We have stoutland and arcanine for big dogs. We have kyogre for orcas.
I love that name!

However I am full avare that some new people don't gonna see the list, Hey some of them don't look at the post two posts above their own!

I'm gonna say that Sandslash is NOT an Armadillo by any means. I would classify them more as Pangolins. I saw the list that endless created and it does list Sandslash as a debatable armadillo but, I don't see it as one at all...
I know that the line is mostly based on Pangolins (or maybe fully), however not everyone will agree on everything. I have seen enough people say that it look like an armadillo to let it stay there( with a Debatable status).

Anyway, some of my ideas:
First of, an babirusa would be great. It's like a hog with four tusks, where two of them comes diredctly out of the snout.
The, I would like a moray eel, they are some nasty looking eels, but I wonder if Huntail might be based on one.
Lastly, not an animal, but an aircraft carrier would be cool, of course it would be mixed with some animal. Like Artillery (Octillery) and Jetplane (Garchomp).

Then over to changes on my list As usual, the changes are in bold:
Added animal/pokemon:
Babirusa
Puppy - Lillipup
Maray Eel - Huntail (Debatable)
Honey Badger
Wyvern (Norse Mythology) - Kyurem (Debatable)
Aircraft Carrier
Artillery - Octillery
Jetplane - Garchomp

Gotten "Debatable" status
None

Removed:
Wyvern - Reshiram - Kyurem (Debatable)
Link to full list: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpost.php?p=12787975&postcount=1352

Last edited:

Porygandrew

However I am full avare that some new people don't gonna see the list, Hey some of them don't look at the post two posts above their own!

That's why I'm all for reporting those posts as spam! :D

It's seriously not that hard to search a thread for any idea that you may have to see if it's been suggested before.

Of course now we're going to run into people suggesting ideas that aren't on the list but are pokemon already (Sunflower! Dandelion!)

babirusa is an awesome idea. You already have razorback boar / warthog on the list, right? ;p

That's why I'm all for reporting those posts as spam! :D

It's seriously not that hard to search a thread for any idea that you may have to see if it's been suggested before.

Of course now we're going to run into people suggesting ideas that aren't on the list but are pokemon already (Sunflower! Dandelion!)

babirusa is an awesome idea. You already have razorback boar / warthog on the list, right? ;p

Yeah I get a little annoyed. Espescially when the posts go:

POST 1 - New member to the thread: We need a Koala and a lion!

POST 2 - Older member of the thread: We already have lions, ever seen the shinx line, or Entei for the matter?

POST 3 - Another New member to the thread: You know what would be cool? A LION!

I am also pretty annoyed by it, but for some reason I don't report.
Anyway, warthog was on the lis, same goes for dandelion. Suprisingly wasn't razorback on the list, but added it and sunflower to the list right now.

I can see the problem of having members name many animals that is yet to be mentioned, but it isn't that much I can do about it. Except to add all animals that pokemon is based on to the list. I might do this later (by using Bulbapedia's Origin parts) but not at this moment.

EnvyTheirGreed

Just keep swimming~
Have you not read Endless' endless list? We have entei and luxray for lions.

Neither of them look like lions. Well sure Entei looks a bit like a lion.
I feel the male and female differences would make for pretty intense looking Pokemon.

We have stoutland and arcanine for big dogs.

Neither of which, are white, not to mention, Arcanine is a large dog/tiger based Pokemon.
Stotland is a TERRIER.

We have kyogre for orcas.

You mean to tell me you think Kyogre looks anything like an actual Orca?

Neither of them look like lions. Well sure Entei looks a bit like a lion.
I feel the male and female differences would make for pretty intense looking Pokemon.

Entei is based on the Chinese guardian lions, look it up. Also Luxray is a big cat with a big mane. It even have a different sized mane between the sex.
And remember, even if it doesn't look exactly like you want it to, doesn't mean it isn't based on the subject.
Neither of which, are white, not to mention, Arcanine is a large dog/tiger based Pokemon.
Stotland is a TERRIER.
Fine we haven't any big white dogs. Not that I'm going to aknowledge that, because the color doesn't really play a role in pokemon designs=origins

You mean to tell me you think Kyogre looks anything like an actual Orca?
It has a different colored underside
It has white spots on the head.
It has small sharp teeth
They're large
They're aquatic
I don't find it strange at all to call kyogre an orca.

Last edited:

m190049

Local psychopath
As I said before, Kyurem's arms are very stubby and don't look like they would be very useful for anything at all. It doesn't really matter if it has arms if they are too small to really be utilized.
...That really doesn't matter for anything at all. It has arms. Its wings are on it's back.
Therefore, plain and simply, it is by definition of the word, not a Wyvern.

Also, I already posted a picture of a wyvern on the last page, so I would think that would imply that I know what they look like.
I was well aware... That post was directed at more people that just you y'know... =/

I think Typhlosion is close enough to a badger. However we need a big mean honey badger. The only one I have ever heard say Typhlosion was a honey badger was RM77 and in some posts later he even said that he didn't believe it himself but it was somehow true.
You don't think so? I always saw Typhlosion as a Honey Badger... Looks pretty close to me. The hair-color patterns and the face match up almost perfectly. *Shrug*

Wyvern (Norse Mythology) - Kyurem (Debatable)
I'd still like to dispute this one too. A "wyvern/dragon/blah" with a relation to cold. It's not like that's a completely original concept. Chances are, just like with Reshiram and Zekrom, it doesn't have a SPECIFIC mythological base. Kyurem's real "concept" if any is the idea of absolute zero. I.E., the complete lack of any form of heat. Zekrom and Reshiram are Electric and Fire Types; both warm sources of energy. However, there is no such thing as "negative energy" opposite it. Cold, technically, is just the lack heat. The complete and utter lack of any heat is absolute zero. As said in the story of the main game, Reshiram and Zekrom were originally one dragon. It's heavily theorized and quite likely that Kyurem was also part of this original dragon; if it's not the "corpse" left behind or something similar. This is why it is an Ice Type; It lacks any form of heat. Reshiram and Zekrom have all the heat energy. Kyurem was left with nothing (or nearly nothing). That's also why it lacks a signature move at level 100 and why it's stats are slightly lower than the other two. So, more likely than not, especially considering the common translation of "Wyvern" in that story, Kyurem probably not particularly based on a story from Nordic mythology.

Status
Not open for further replies.