• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't pokémon yet v.5.0 - READ first post!

cookies kill you

Like a boss
I need a raptor sabertooth tiger great white and cassiweary frill lizard would be nice

XXD17

Draco rex
wow. literally ENDLESS thread, huh? :)

i want to add something. it is infernape. surely it is sun wukong. but sometimes pokemon are mix of a lot of things. i believe it is mix between sun wukong with hanuman. hanuman is hindu diety. hanuman is also white, pretty much like infernape. and they look alike too. if you know the story of "epic ramayana", it even explain the fire type infernape has.

hanuman and sun wukong might originated from a common source...in fact, the Journey to the West is linked to India although it features buddhism rather than hinduism...there is also a hanuman langur (literally named after the hindu god) a monkey which infernpe resembles...infernape also looks like a yellow baboon...

Also, the Chupicabra would be a neat Pokemon.

A lesser known cryptid is the Groot-Slang of Africa; a carnivorous elephant with four tusks and a snake for a tail. That kind of thing would have the potential to be a seriously formidable Pokemon, whose type would probably be Water/Grass, Water/Ground, or Grass/Ground type.

EDIT: I just checked my encyclopedia of magical creatures when I found a whole generation of Pokemon worth of cryptids all bundled together into one entry:
Fearsome Critters
A large group of bizarre creatures from the folklore of lumberjacks in the United States. Famed for their tall tales, the wild wit and dizzying inventiveness of these tree-fellers gave rise to a world peopled with strange beings. A whole menagerie of off inventions, alternately of terrifying or hilarious aspect, can be traced to this source. ...The list is almost endless, and includes:
Albotritch
Argopelter
Augereno
Axe-Handle Hound
Ball-tailed Cat
Bed-Cat
Billdad
Cactus Cat
Club-tailed Glyptodont
Columbus/ Columbia River Sands Squink
Come-at-a-Body
Couger-Fish
Cuba
Dead-Cat
Diamond Jacket
Dew-mink
Dingbats
Dingwall
Dismal Sauger
Dungavon-Hooter
Farker
Flibbertigibbet
Flitterick
Funeral Mountain Tarrashot
Gap-Fish
Gazzarium
Giddyfish
Glawackus
Goofang
Goofus Bird
Gumbo-Gimmie
Gumberoo
Gunkus
Guyascutus
Hang-Down
Happy Auger
Hide-Behind
Hodag
Hugag
the Humility
the Hymanpom Hog Bear
Jay Hawk
Kankerghe
Kikle Snifter
Long Gar
Lucive
Luferlang
Millamo Bird
Moskitto
Mountain Rabbit
Mugwump
Philamaloo Bird
Pigwiggon
Pinnacle Goose
Proc Gwinter
Rachet Owl
Roperite
Rumptifusel Rubberado
Sandhill Perch
Santer
Screebonil
Shagamaw
Shmoo
Sliderock Bolter
Sliver Cat
Snipe
Snollygoster
Snow Snake
Snow Wassit
Snydae
Splinter Cat
Squank
Swamp Auger
Teakettler
Toll Puker
Tote Road
Treesqueak
Tripoderoo
Upland Trout
Teakettler
Toll Puker
Tote Road
Treesqueak
Tripoderoo
Wampus Cat
Whapaloosie
Whang Doodle
Whapperknocker
Whiffle-poof
Whirlegigg Fish
Whirling Wimpus
Wiggle Wiffit
Will-Am-Alone
Windigo
Wunk
Wabbergabber.
That's alot of things I don't know anything about. Since I don't have the book (nor do wikipedia have an article) I found this site to help me and maybe other to know what those things are http://www.mythbeasts.com/menu.php?menu=Fearsome+Critters
Going to add them soon.
EDIT: Isn't haxorus some sort of axe-headed hound as both have axe heads and slender bodies. What is a diamond jacket, if I may ask? Flitterick seemed kind of unnesecary as it is just a fast flying squirrel, the Humility just seemed that a fast eagly too. Long gar, from the name just sounds like a long gar?

However, I found the Dingbat, Billdad, Funeral Mountain Terrashot, Goofang interesting
Bare with me but I didn't bother looking up anything after Santer, and just copy-pasted the rest into their right place.
wow. literally ENDLESS thread, huh? :)

i want to add something. it is infernape. surely it is sun wukong. but sometimes pokemon are mix of a lot of things. i believe it is mix between sun wukong with hanuman. hanuman is hindu diety. hanuman is also white, pretty much like infernape. and they look alike too. if you know the story of "epic ramayana", it even explain the fire type infernape has.
Yeah, it's quite alot of work, and it is still growing. Adding Hanuman
I need a raptor sabertooth tiger great white and cassiweary frill lizard would be nice
I should have seen the mental image I got right now.
But on a little more serious note, Grovyle is debatably a velociraptor and Archen is based on raptors and other small dinosaurs that grew wings. Raikou is a saber tooth. Sharpedo might be a Great White Shark. Hey, even some people say Dodrio is partly cassowarry, but I personaly don't see it. Scrafty might be based on a Frilled lizard.

Geodude is a rock.
No shit Sherlock
Seriously, I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry. However obviously the completely obvious needs to be stated. I added rock with some of the pokemon that are clearly based on rocks.

Everything between this and the last update is now added, pluss dachshound which I have somehow not noticed.

Last edited:
That's alot of things I don't know anything about. Since I don't have the book (nor do wikipedia have an article) I found this site to help me and maybe other to know what those things are http://www.mythbeasts.com/menu.php?menu=Fearsome+Critters
Going to add them soon.
EDIT: Isn't haxorus some sort of axe-headed hound as both have axe heads and slender bodies. What is a diamond jacket, if I may ask? Flitterick seemed kind of unnesecary as it is just a fast flying squirrel, the Humility just seemed that a fast eagly too. Long gar, from the name just sounds like a long gar?

However, I found the Dingbat, Billdad, Funeral Mountain Terrashot, Goofang
Bare with me but I didn't bother looking up anything after Santer, and just copy-pasted the rest into their right place.

The book I have been referencing is called "The Element Encyclopedia of Magical Creatures." However, even that book doesn't describe all of the creatures on that list; there are some that it does expand upon, but about half of them are only mentioned by name with no further information.

I always saw haxorus as a double-bladed halberd or battle axe mixed with a generic lizard design for the 'dragon' part. I don't know of any dinosaur that has tusks that would resemble what that line has.

I always saw Haxorus as some kind of generic double-bladed axe mixed with Scutosaurus. When we see the skull, it looks somewhat like cheek blades.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
a common few real animals they hazent used:

dolphin
squid (octillery is an octapus, not a squid)
goat (I THINK?)
baboon?
tazmanian devil
wolverine

i think its sad that the only lion pokemon they have dont have those beards when male

BCVM22

Jellyfish don't have solid, elongated tentacles, they don't have claw-beaks and they don't have solid, conical heads, all of which the two Tentas have.

They're squid/jellyfish hybrids if you must, but at the very least, it's inaccurate to claim there are no squids in the bestiary.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
what about roc, thunderbird (zapdos), and fenrir, jormungand, and gorm? robosaur, wraith, gremlin, troglodyte, koblod, wulver, will-o-wisp, mora, shambler, shoggoth, flatwoods monster, ifrit, frost giant, jabberwock, ahool (crobat), haetae, knuckelavee, wolpertinger (jackalope with wings), drow, Amphisbaena (zweilus), manbearpig, grendel, labia (a gorgon, really), deathworm, jinn, succubi (looks like a hot harpy), sandworm, incubus, jenny greenteeth (i think), Cecaelia (like the sea witch from little mermaid), ymir (frost giant), giant enemy crab, edison (creepy monster thing), chi (yin yang alike), colossus (is both a god and a synanym to burning man), xenomorph (looks alot like predator), boggart, crocoduck, yama, bunyip, queztalcoatl, wendigo, burning man (one of my favs),

Last edited:
Jellyfish don't have solid, elongated tentacles, they don't have claw-beaks and they don't have solid, conical heads, all of which the two Tentas have.

They're squid/jellyfish hybrids if you must, but at the very least, it's inaccurate to claim there are no squids in the bestiary.

1) Tentacool and Tentacruel aren't even close to conical; they have bell-shaped heads
2) How do you know how solid the tentacles on the Tentas are?
3) I don't know what you mean by "elongated" in this context, and even if I did I'm sure the Portuguese Man-of-war would fit the bill
4) Tentacool doesn't have a beak
5) Tentacruel's "beak" doesn't even look remotely similar to the one on an octopus or squid.
6) The Tentas can't shoot ink like squids can
7) The Tentas are part Poison-type; squids aren't venomous but jellyfish are
8) Squids have 8 tentacles and 2 much longer arms which are rounded at the end; all of the tentacles on the Tentas are the same length
9) the Tentas don't have suction cups on their tentacles
10) Squids can change colors; the Tentas and jellyfish can't

See? Everything about the Tentas that relates to squids also relates to jellyfish, plus there are many more things that they have in common with jellyfish but not with squid.

Porygandrew

well, celebi, i agree with you, but tentacruel has 14 tentaculs and 2 blue pinsir like "arms" too

Please end this debate. We ALL know the tentas represent a generic medusa-sea-creature and can be any or all of them - just as Doduo/drio is a generic flightless bird that represents any and all of the flightless birds until Gamefreak decides to make one more specific (like Butterfree versus Beautifly).

On topic: Grapes would be nice. Could be an angry grass-type that knows thrash and rage. ;p

super riolu31

"KAWAII!!"
I dont think there is a goat, or in my opinion, a cool duck. Maybe not a beaver but I couldnt imagine that.

TheEmeraldKnight

Lookin' for Shinies
What about a more scorpion like pokemon. i know there is skorpi and drapion but perhaps something with 8 legs and a stinger tail not claw tail