• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
ok, so I was wrong. But then Moose could be what it evolves into then. eventually.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I know we have scorpions but we don't have the stinger that they're known for.

Fixed.

I really think asking for another scorpion is overkill. We had gligar first, and then skorupi and drapion for everyone who wasn't satisfied with gligar's only being part scorpion. The only argument is that there is no pokemon that looks like a scorpion exactly, and pokemon really aren't meant to look exactly like real animals. Trust me, I've tried making up pokemon that do.

I probably should assume that the narwhal and beluga have been mentioned, even if new water types aren't that important.

Also, how about a sea elephant. Maybe it could be part of the seel line, and give it an extra level of cool.

A crown of thorns star could be an interesting pokemon, possibly even a new evolved form for staryu/me. Maybe even incorporating their predation on coral by making corsola evolve as well, and created a heated rivalry.

I think I'm starting to see why so many water types are made every generation...

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy

mibler

Note: Blob fish are part of a family of bottom-dwelling fish called 'sculpins'.

Yes, while the fish in actuality really looks very very different, it honestly doesn't mean crap when the picture in question is an iconic Photo.

Yes, but that iconic photo doesn't really mean anything because it wasn't taken until 2003....a year after R/S came out in japan...

Anyways Umbrella Birds are pretty cool...so are Archer Fish, and one of those Aquatic spiders could make a water/bug that doesn't evolve into the Generic bug/Flying like Surskit...

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I think a backswimmer/water boatman/giant water bug would make a GREAT water/bug line.

And maybe even toss a whirligig pokemon into the same environment for extra comedy.

As of gen 4, I'd say the Pokemon world's in real need of some new fire types. I think a blackbird might be a nice candidate for one. Those wings already look firey as they are. Better yet, make it a fire/dark type with levitate (blackbird).

Another cool bird is a spoonbill. And a shoebill. Possibly both in one line. A flamingo could also fit here.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
^ Yeah, a flamingo is a good idea. As for stuff like the spoonbill, though, that's a it specialized for Pokemon. After all they are almost the same as other birds just look a bit different.

No. 1 Machop Fan

^ Yeah, a flamingo is a good idea. As for stuff like the spoonbill, though, that's a it specialized for Pokemon. After all they are almost the same as other birds just look a bit different.

I'm sure they could make something different out of a spoonbill.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
^Well, of course the design will be different, but I think it'll be one of those generic Normal/Flyings.

FlyAsADunsparce

New List:

Kiwi Bird: Normal
Zebra: Psychic maybe?
Meerkat: Electric would be cool
Buffalo: Rock/Normal
Flamingo: Water/Flying
Koala: Normal, maybe Ground/Normal
Polarbear: Ice
Porcupine: Poison
Turkey: Flying/Ground
Peacock: Psychic/Flying
Pheasant: Flying/Normal

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
kinda Warcraft-ish, I know we have the Humasnshape egg group (/Pokemon) but is that moving away from animals a bit too much?

m190049

Local psychopath
Yes, but that iconic photo doesn't really mean anything because it wasn't taken until 2003....a year after R/S came out in japan...
I searched, but I couldn't find a source for this 2003 date. Source, please...?

Anyways Umbrella Birds are pretty cool...
Searched this thing. Cant help but thing that that the thing on it's head bears a resemblance to Staraptor's.... ...thingy.
Umbrella Bird
Staraptor

so are Archer Fish,
Supposedly incorporated into Remoraid (mostly with the face). I kinda see it, though, eh. Would be interesting on it's own, though when you think about it, in a game where so many Fish Pokemon can already shoot jets of water using Water Gun and such, it'd probably be hard to incorporate a Pokemon like that into something unique.

...Though on the other hand, since when are water Pokemon unique? =P

and one of those Aquatic spiders could make a water/bug that doesn't evolve into the Generic bug/Flying like Surskit...
While technically a Pondskater, Surskit kinda looks a bit like Spider. If they went for another Water/Bug, I'd personally like to see maybe something like a Diving Beetle. That would be interesting, and also unlikely to be turned into a another type, I think. Many look pretty cool, and they also have a pretty badass larva.

And a shoebill.
I never heard of that. So I googled it.
...Bloody hell.

If I ever saw that thing in real live I'd crap my pants and run like a girl.

Last edited:

mibler

I searched, but I couldn't find a source for this 2003 date. Source, please...?

Searched this thing. Cant help but thing that that the thing on it's head bears a resemblance to Staraptor's.... ...thingy.
Umbrella Bird
Staraptor

Supposedly incorporated into Remoraid (mostly with the face). I kinda see it, though, eh. Would be interesting on it's own, though when you think about it, in a game where so many Fish Pokemon can already shoot jets of water using Water Gun and such, it'd probably be hard to incorporate a Pokemon like that into something unique.

...Though on the other hand, since when are water Pokemon unique? =P

While technically a Pondskater, Surskit kinda looks a bit like Spider. If they went for another Water/Bug, I'd personally like to see maybe something like a Diving Beetle. That would be interesting, and also unlikely to be turned into a another type, I think. Many look pretty cool, and they also have a .

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/photosvideos/photos/the-blobfish-also-known-as-a#

Totally didn't notice that(staraptor)...Sorry 'bout that...and yeah, archer fish, probably wouldn't work too well unless they stylized it in a way that made it like a bow, but then we already have a fish/weapon hybrid...

I don't really think that Surskit looks to spidery myself, but meh, I just think aquatic spiders are pretty amazing :D (and, although, EXTREMELY UNLIKELY/never gonna' happen, a water evo of Ariados would be pretty cool)
http://inlinethumb36.webshots.com/42659/2833907020105101600S600x600Q85.jpg

anyways, I totally can see a shoebill being a good phys sweeper...

One of those Giant Pre-historic bird things would make a good fossil (or non fossil) thingy, oh, and this too...
http://thinkingshop.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/quetzacoalt.jpg

Last edited:

PeachesDaPokemon

too tired to go through all 140 pages, so i apologize if i repeat anything:

Zebra. Cant think of a Zebra pokemon. we have horses and giraffes and cows and bulls, but no Zebras. They also havent done any Stork-like pokemon, nor a dove. how about a Manatee? love manatees, but i think the closest thing to one would be maybe sealeo or maybe Dewgong... A manatee would be pretty sweet though.

i know cats have been done before, but a Snow Leopard pokemon of the Ice type could be cool. Same for a Firey Scorpion/Snake. Huntail may be an eel, but an Electric Eel pokemon that is water/electric would be pretty cool too.

Last edited:

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
140 pages? Sh**! when did this threat begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.