• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

m190049

Local psychopath
Oh...a Leafy-Sea-Dragon^^...it would be soo awesome...maybe a Kingdra counterpart but with some Flying type moves
Kingdra already incorporates features of both the Leafy Sea Dragon and the Weedy Sea Dragon. While it is a bit more similar to the Weedy Sea Dragon, it still seems to be partially based on both, and the two species are already closely quite closely related anyway. Anything they could make would probably be a bit too similar to Kingdra anyway- there are many more unique things. It could probably be written off, honestly.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Not many dinosaur to incorporate nowadays, Torterra covers Ankylosaurus, I think Tricerotops has been overdone with Nidoking, Rhydon/Rhyperior, not to mention Tyrannotar for T-Rex

I refuse to comment any more on the Tyranitar debate. You can read previous pages from 3 months ago if you are curious. Plus that's been discussed already.

Torterra is more of a Edmontonia . Torterra lacks a tail club. It's also a tortoise sooo... yaaay..

Nidoking= Baragon

Rhydon/Rhyperior are more or less rhinoceros/kaiju/dinosaur hybrids. Rhyperior for instance has a tail club like ankylosaurus.

Aggron is more of a triceratops then Rhydon will ever be.

There are plenty of dinosaurs that haven't been touched yet. Examples Stegosaurus, Psittacosaurus, Spinosaurus, Carnotaurus, Galimimus, Parasauolophus, etc..etc...etc.
-;248;

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Anyone thought of chess piece Pokemon? Maybe Normal types, or maybe Steel types?

rocky505

I can see the knight chess piece being steel. The queen could be fighting since it is the most dangerous of all the pieces.

Troysen

They should totally do all aussie starters for the next gen!!!!
Koala-grass
Kangaroo/joey-fire
platypus-water

That'd be great and they could have the rainbow serpent from the aboriginal folktales as a legendary!!!

BCVM22

That'd be great and they could have the rainbow serpent from the aboriginal folktales as a legendary!!!

The thread, it should be noted, is not "make up your own Pokémon!!!"

Troysen

I'm not making it up since when aren't koalas, kangaroos and platypus's not real.
plus read up on the rainbow serpent. in aboriginal folklore it was what created the world

it couldnt do that in the game though cos thats arceus but it doesnt matter
just an idea

BCVM22

I'm not making it up since when aren't koalas, kangaroos and platypus's not real.
plus read up on the rainbow serpent. in aboriginal folklore it was what created the world

...wow

I didn't think anyone could miss that point. Re-read what I said and try again. Replace "make up!!!" with "create!!!" if it helps.

Troysen

how is it making it up there are mythical creatures in pokemon and i'm pretty sure gamefreak didn't make them up. like arceus is supposedly based on a quin which was a chinese mythical creature. and gyrados's design is based on chinese dragons.

maybe ur just being racist but wateva

BCVM22

how is it making it up there are mythical creatures in pokemon

Oh crikey. You really insist upon not getting this, don't you. Fine. We'll spell it out.

The thread is titled "Animals that aren't Pokémon yet" - its ostensible purpose is for the naming of, shockingly, animals that aren't Pokémon yet. This is the sort of post one expects to find in such a thread:

How about Asian Long-horned beetles? With the recent devastation they caused over the past year, I think this could be a good contender to stand along side other single bug pokemon like pinsir and heracross.

The mistake you appear to have made in making a post like this--

Koala-grass
Kangaroo/joey-fire
platypus-water

--is assuming that this is a depository for all the wonderful Pokémon designs you've made up in your head when your mind has not been occupied otherwise.

It is not. There are places where such ideas can be posted and safely ignored - this is not one of them.

I'm not being "racist", I assure you - you're simply being obtuse, either purposely or not. It has absolutely nothing to do with whether the animal itself is made up or not.

Troysen

I'm not saying anything like that i'm just saying that it would be nice to have a koala,kangaroo and platypus

and as if i could be bothered to make up pokemon designs in my head. I play the games not try to prove how wrong gamefreak and nintendo are with them

sure there are things that i would've done differently but i'm sure everyone on this site would've preferred something done differnently. but i was just saying it would be nice to them because they aren't pokemon yet. Not that i think up funny little things in my head with my spare time!

Troysen

And i was just saying about the mythical creatures because i think it would be a good idea and it already is a good idea. they've used it all of the games.

so sorry if you refuse my point of view on this

and the rainbow serpent thing was just going along with the theme as a sidenote not as the main part of my post

Troysen

but there have never been actual platypus's or kangaroos

breloom is a mushroom with legs and yes kangaskhan is a bit of a kangaroo but i mean a kind of more normal looking kangaroo with a higher speed stat than what kangsakhan has

kangaskhan is a huge solid thing that resembles a kangaroo thats been eating bricks instead weetbix for breakfast

Troysen

Psyduck is a duck.
Notice how its called PsyDUCK
not psyPUS
yes its got claws and a wide beak
sure it doesn't look much like a duck but it doesn't look like a platypus either
sure its got a wide beak and claws but that could've come from any animal

Dante Falls

Doppelgänger
Psyduck is a duck.
Notice how its called PsyDUCK
not psyPUS
yes its got claws and a wide beak
sure it doesn't look much like a duck but it doesn't look like a platypus either
sure its got a wide beak and claws but that could've come from any animal

Stop that.

Crane Fly/ Daddy Longleggs?

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Kingdra already incorporates features of both the Leafy Sea Dragon and the Weedy Sea Dragon. While it is a bit more similar to the Weedy Sea Dragon, it still seems to be partially based on both, and the two species are already closely quite closely related anyway. Anything they could make would probably be a bit too similar to Kingdra anyway- there are many more unique things. It could probably be written off, honestly.
Really?Kingdra doesn't resemble a leafy sea dragon...not even a bit.The leafy sea dragon has those leaf things & a pkmn based on it could use those things for attacks...attacks like Leaf Blade or even Synthesis..so it would be very very different
Flamingo, raven, coyote, wolf, and squid are a few I thought of.
And Zebra.
Yeah..a raven pkmn would be awesome but more eerie & more connected to death than Honchkrow...Honchkrow is kind of a joke in my opinion'__'

Last edited:

m190049

Local psychopath
Really?Kingdra doesn't resemble a leafy sea dragon...not even a bit.The leafy sea dragon has those leaf things & a pkmn based on it could use those things for attacks...attacks like Leaf Blade or even Synthesis..so it would be very very different
Well they're not just going to shove giant piles of crap all over it's body. It would look cluttered. They need to stylize it- make it marketable.

But, anyway, the protrusions on Kingdra seem to be inspired by the Leafy Sea Dragons, in factors such as placement and the "jaggedness" of them, though Weedy Sea Dragons in size and number.

Er... Here's a more specific example.

-This is Kingdra.
-A Weedy Sea Dragon. Look at it's head. Notice how it only has one, rather rounded protrusion, near the top of it's head, hanging limply back. Notice how it seems to be branching out of a "pointed" tip of the head.
-A Leafy Sea Dragon. Notice how it seems to have two, separate protrusions on the peak of it's rounded head, that both seem to stick straight up. They also have what appears to be a few other "branches" jutting out of them, as well.

...Now, compare this to Kingdra.
Kingdra has the two, distinct protrusions on top peak of his rounded head, that also seem to have more protrusions on them as well. While they are a lot "cleaner" than the Leafy Sea Dragon's, and don't seem to feature the numerous "leaves" on them, they still seem to be undeniably taken from the Leafy Sea Dragon.

Does this clear things up?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.