• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

vampireheart

♥ Speak Now xo ♥

Kopilas_ante

Pokemon Master
How about a Lynx? or a Jaguar?

White Tiger? Tigers in general, I honestly don't see why people claim that Growlithe/Arcanine are tigers just cause they are orange and have black stripes. They're more dog with some features of a lion if anything.

Also has there been a Tasmanian Devil yet? or a Thylacene (probably already said)

I'd really like a wolf. Mightyena/Suicune aren't enough.

Edit: I know, the legend behind Arcanine as a Shisa

i totaly agree with what your saying!!!

nah Entei, raiku and suicune a classified as "dogs" though they dont look like what you'd think.... yeah i guess they are sortof the same, maybe a grass lion with a grass mane??
They are not classified as dogs, the "Legendary dogs" is a fan made name.

White Tiger? Tigers in general, I honestly don't see why people claim that Growlithe/Arcanine are tigers just cause they are orange and have black stripes. They're more dog with some features of a lion if anything.

Also has there been a Tasmanian Devil yet? or a Thylacene (probably already said)

Edit: I know, the legend behind Arcanine as a Shisa
Well we don't have a lynx, but Reparudasu( and Bulbapedia translates it to Leopardas) is somewhat based on a leopard, but it looks more like a cheetah.

Tiger in general, seriously? Raikou is a tiger. And well Arcinine looks alot like a tiger.

Meh, yeah they are both somewhat based on wolfes, but a "pure" wolf would not hurt.

Last edited:

Kopilas_ante

Pokemon Master
They are not classified as dogs, the "Legendary dogs" is a fan made name.

ah okay i diddnt know, sorry if i offended you at all :/

Well we don't have a lynx, but Reparudasu( and Bulbapedia translates it to Leopardas) is somewhat based on a leopard, but it looks more like a cheetah.

Tiger in general, seriously? Raikou is a tiger. And well Arcinine looks alot like a tiger.

Meh, yeah they are both somewhat based on wolfes, but a "pure" wolf would not hurt.
yes yes yes yes

How about Extinct animals, probably already said, but what about Pokemon based on some more dinosaurs, or extinct birds and mammals like the Phorusrhacos, or Ground-Sloths, or even glyptodonts. Pokemon still barely covered the elephant with donphan which is like three feet tall. -_-

Pokemon could also be based on more mythological animals, like griffins, krakens, minotaurs, and mermaids. I'd say a mermaid water and psychic type would be much more interesting choice for a jynx counterpart.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Jaguar: That new Pokemon that evolves from Choroneko
Tiger: Raikou is a cross between one and a smilodon
Mightyena is a hyena and Manectric is another wolf.

Maybe a wobegong (sp?) Pokemon for a Maggyo evo?

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Hmmm...I think that's based on a leopard cat>.>I think a Jaguar would have much higher stats

It's similar, though. And it's got dark fur. There are black jaguars.
Okay, personally, I'd love an onigiri Pokemon. It sounds a little odd, but I think Nintendo could do it. Type would be difficult, though. Maybe just Normal?

tumbleweed93

Is on the case!
According to Bulbapedia, Glalie does resemble an Onigiri, which I never thought it did but...meh?

Here's a list of animals that should be made into pokemon:
Blobfish
Narwhal
Hagfish
Vampire Squid
Possum
Koala
Orchid Mantis
Flamingo
Dodo

And probably lots more...at least they've got lots of concepts yet to use!

ParaChomp

be your own guru
(rank up)

Chimera, Gorgon, Sphinx, Minotaur, Centaur...I like Greek Mythology!

Swiftrz & Milotic

Feed me a stray cat
We've got a flaming Unicorn, we need a flaming Pegasus. Rapidash evo ftw XD

Status
Not open for further replies.