• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concidering almost every sea-dwelling creature on Earth has been made into a pokemon, I'm surprised we havn't had a dolphin or porpoise pokemon yet.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Concidering almost every sea-dwelling creature on Earth has been made into a pokemon, I'm surprised we havn't had a dolphin or porpoise pokemon yet.

I think the next region will have a dolphin as a water starter...they'll make it able to walk on land somehow...>.>

and for the grass starter won't be a reptile anymore...I think it'll advance...either to a bird or a mammal

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
A Dolphin/Capuchin hybrid Water starter.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
hhhhhhm, maybe a computer pokémon? Electric/Steel-Ghost?

Noheart

The Abysswalker
Isshu brought a lot more animals in, like the centipede and the vulture.

Like others, I'm surprised they didn't make a Dolphin-like Pokemon yet.

Anyway, the only other animals I can think of at the moment are...

Raccoon
Koala Bear
Cockroach
Donkey
Swordfish
Peacock

rocky505

Isshu brought a lot more animals in, like the centipede and the vulture.

Like others, I'm surprised they didn't make a Dolphin-like Pokemon yet.

Anyway, the only other animals I can think of at the moment are...

Raccoon
Koala Bear
Cockroach
Donkey
Swordfish
Peacock
Zigzagoon is a raccoon

EliteMaster

A hammerhead shark.

Like a final stage evolution of Sharpedo or an alternative evolution for Carvanha. Or just a
pokemon on his own, that's cool too.

Furthermore, if they run out of real-life creatures, they could always get their inspiration out of mythical animals. I would love to see a Pegasus-like pokemon.

EliteMaster

Mmno. Never go near religion, sex or politics if you wish to avoid problems.

And no you philistines, Arceus does not count as "going near religion".

Well, what about Landlos, Tornelos and Voltolos. By introducing them makes it look like they went a religious approach imo. You could totally see that their designs are based of greek gods

Roserazor

...Look Behind You
llama, al packa, elk, toucan, armadillo (?), dolphin

Last edited:

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
armadillo
Though Sandshrew is primarily based on a pangolin, it also resembles an armadillo to an extent.
Well, what about Landlos, Tornelos and Voltolos. By introducing them makes it look like they went a religious approach imo. You could totally see that their designs are based of greek gods

If you ask me, I'd say that while their designs aren't Greek gods, they seem to be Babylonian or Sumerian gods.

Zigzagoon is a raccoon

Try again. It's actually a kind of dog called a raccoon dog, also known as a tanuki (not the one that appears in Japanese folklore).
Here's a picture:
http://scienceblogs.com/zooillogix/raccoon dog 1a.JPG

A Panda and a Snow Leopard. And an otter (I don't think we have had any of them yet.)
Panda: Spinda
Snow Leopard: Glaceon
Otter: Buizel family, Mijumaru, Futchimaru
In they US a blue donkey and red elephant would be a good idea

I'm RM, and I approve this idea.
I wouldn't mind a literal football fish Pokemon, since Isshu is New York.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
armadillo
Though Sandshrew is primarily based on a pangolin, it also resembles an armadillo to an extent.

If you ask me, I'd say that while their designs aren't Greek gods, they seem to be Babylonian or Sumerian gods.

Zigzagoon is a raccoon

Try again. It's actually a kind of dog called a raccoon dog, also known as a tanuki (not the one that appears in Japanese folklore).
Here's a picture:

A Panda and a Snow Leopard. And an otter (I don't think we have had any of them yet.)

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
armadillo

Zigzagoon is a raccoon

Here's a picture:

BCVM22

By introducing them makes it look like they went a religious approach imo.

Sure didn't.

You could totally see that their designs are based of greek gods

Sure aren't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raijin
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fūjin
And there are a number of similar deity-figures that represent fertility and agriculture that could have served as the basis for Landlos.

Unsurprising, given how ill-advised of an idea it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.