• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
^They have a Hydra Pokemon, the Dark/Dragon-type one (technically three, I'm counting them as one because they are in the same evolution chain)
Sazandora isn't really supposed to be a Hydra, more like just a three headed dragon. A Hydra is serpent like, with nine heads.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
Bulbapedia said:
Sazandora is possibly based on Zmeys, a Slavic, winged, polycephal species of dragon. Its shiny coloration may be a reference to the green colored Zmey Gorynych. .

HOWEVER

Bulbapedia said:
The dora in Sazandora's name comes from either dragon or hydra, a possible reference to the multi-headed hydra of Greek lore.

^I don't think it is a hydra, though i thought so too when i first saw them.

Ostrich anyone?

Here are another few that i left out (though some of these are more humanoid)

Cyclops (Dark/Ground?)

Ogre (Same as the above?)

Troll (Likewise?)

Goblin (Dark/Psychic is my guest, but possibly Dark/Ghost)

Harpy (Dark/Flying or Ghost/Flying)

Cerberus (Dark/Fire, i'm sure everyone will say houdoom evo but it could be a good legendary)

Bull of Cretes: Fire/Ground

Giant Beetle: Bug/Something bulky, Steel? Ground?)

Roc (Normal/Flying though give it Rock throw for the pun ^^)

Niddhog (Dragon/Something Bad***)

I also heard a story of a dragon who carried a city on it's back, it then fell asleep on top of a mountain and dissappeared under the earth. Dragon/Ground? Big Legend?

Last edited:

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Basilisk-Dragon/Poison (Big snake, people)
Hydra-Dragon/Ground (Well, three headed lizard...)
Basilisk: Giratina Origin Forme (Partially)
Hydra: Sazandra

Squid
Special family of kangaroo Pokemon: it starts with a Joey Pokemon, then depending on its gender it turns into either a mother kangaroo with a joey in her pouch (no, not like Kangaskhan; one which looks like a kangaroo in more ways than just a pouch) or a Boxing Kangaroo with a pair of boxing gloves.
Quail
Kiwi (the bird, not the fruit)
Squid: Tentacruel, partially
Kangaroo: Besides Kangaskhan, Breloom
Quail: Natu
Kiwi: Doduo

Maybe a Dark/Fighting type legendary based on Loki?

Sazandora isn't really supposed to be a Hydra, more like just a three headed dragon. A Hydra is serpent like, with nine heads.

Remember, in the mythology, whenever one of the Hydra's heads is severed, it grows two new ones in its place. Sazandora may not seem like any more than a dragon, but look at its entire evolutionary line and you see the point: It starts out as a basic dragon, then evolves into a two-headed version of its basic stage, then finally becomes a three-headed dragon. Not to mention the fact that mythology doesn't always portray the Hydra as a simple multiheaded serpent; sometimes it is, but sometimes it has the body of a wolf, sometimes it has legs, sometimes it has wings, they're all interchangeable, the only things that all of them have in common are the serpent necks and regeneration power.
Plus, in the myth, the Hydra doesn't always have nine heads; that's the point: it's power is that it gets two new heads for every one it loses, so while it may start with nine, it consistently gains more from battle to battle (until Hercules defeats it of course).
Trust me, we're talking about my all-time favorite mythological creature here; I know what I'm talking about.

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
I suppose you're right, but i'm talking about the stereotypical image of the hydra we all have: Four legs, a tail and loads of heads, but there's no denying the hydra has different forms and looks, like sphinxes, in some descriptions it has wings and in others it doesn't, but let's try not to get too off topic, like this thread does from time to time

Squid: Tentacruel, partially
Kangaroo: Besides Kangaskhan, Breloom
Quail: Natu
Kiwi: Doduo

Tentacruel is a jellyfish. Have you ever even SEEN a squid; their bodies are shaped like missiles, with eight medium tentacles and two massive ones that are shaped like plates at the end; Tentacruel is very wide and has many, many tentacles of equal length under it, like a jellyfish.

Breloom does have the body shape, but I was hoping for something a little more mammalian.

Natu? Quails aren't circular, they are shaped a lot like chickens; the only similarity I see between Natu and a quail (besides being a bird) is that Natu has a little feather on top of its head. Even then, it's nothing like the projections on top of quails' heads; on real quails, they are shaped like question marks.

Okay, you got me with the kiwi; score one for you.

More ideas I came up with:
Giant Panda with bamboo swords (deadly, but too adorable to attack)
Emu (no, not emo, we already got one of those in the 5th gen)
Swordfish
Electric Eel (I know I said eel earlier, but at the time I was thinking of a moray)
Pistol Shrimp

BCVM22

Have you ever even SEEN a squid; their bodies are shaped like missiles, with eight medium tentacles and two massive ones that are shaped like plates at the end; Tentacruel is very wide and has many, many tentacles of equal length under it, like a jellyfish.

Tentacool and Tentacruel are squid/jellyfish hybrids. They draw their Poison-type and propensity for showing up on waterways from jellyfish, certainly, but they have solid heads, substantial tentacles - as opposed to the elonged, thin, wispy ones most jellyfish have - and solid bodies, all of which are squid characteristics. Exact number of legs is inconsequential: Tentacool only has two tentacles, which by definition would outright preclude it from being a jellyfish or a squid, so that's not the best feature to go on. And in addition to that, Tentacool sports a visible beak on its nose and Tentacruel has giant beak-claws fore and aft, both of which are squid features by way of the beak-claws squids have at the bottom of their bodies, where their tentacles join their bodies.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Tentacruel is a jellyfish. Have you ever even SEEN a squid; their bodies are shaped like missiles, with eight medium tentacles and two massive ones that are shaped like plates at the end; Tentacruel is very wide and has many, many tentacles of equal length under it, like a jellyfish.

Natu? Quails aren't circular, they are shaped a lot like chickens; the only similarity I see between Natu and a quail (besides being a bird) is that Natu has a little feather on top of its head. Even then, it's nothing like the projections on top of quails' heads; on real quails, they are shaped like question marks.
Tentacruel is part squid, part jellyfish. Note the beak, and the fact that it's solid instead of just a pile of goo with tentacles.
Natu is a chibi quail. Its head feather may not look exactly like that of a quail, but with that logic, Pikachu is a rabbit because its ears aren't exactly like those of a mouse or rat and Turtwig isn't a turtle or tortoise because its shell is only on top and doesn't go all the way around onto its belly. It's stylized.

Maybe a sea krait? I don't think we have one of those yet. Water/Poison, of course.

Here are a few more I just came up with:
Sea Urchin
Narwhal Whale
Pegasus (Rapidash evolution)
Moose
Stegosaurus
Anchylosaurus
Conch Shell
Dimetrodon
Four Leaf Clover (evolves from Three Leaf Clover and evolves into Leprechaun)
Seaweed
Moss
Pine Tree (alternate Pineco evolution)
Flea
Lava Lamp
Disco Ball (master of moves like Reflect and Light Screen)
Microphone (evolves to megaphone)

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Maybe a police officer? Or a painter orangutan?

Bronzong#1

Cell Shaded
Platypus????

Not sure if this has been suggested but a platypus pokemon (Water/ ground maybe) and a garbage can pokemon it can be an evolution between the trash bag and the dumpsite maybe a poison/ground type and i want the satisfaction of naming a pokemon oscar i think this will fit fine

Last edited:

BCVM22

You've already got Nageki and Dageki; two Pokémon you could reasonably name after Sesame Street Muppets aren't enough for you?

Last edited:

D-World

Robo-Cascoon's angry
how about goats? Do we have any goats?

Status
Not open for further replies.