• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
Mew's a kangaroo rat.

Mmmno it's a cat with an abnormally long tail. Thanks for playing.

People,can't u see that Mew is based on an embryo?
doesn't "the ancestor of all pkmn" ring a bell?

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
What about a condor, as far as I think no Pokémon resembles one. Same for eagles and European Magpie.
Fearow somehow might be based on the condor...it's pokedex supports that

as for eagles...Staraptor[harpy eagle],Skarmory[though many would disagree]

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
Is based on an Starling, mixed with a hawk.
Hawk means alot of things not necesarely[I can't spell this]...lets say...a red tailed hawk

can u imagine "Mukueagle" or "Mukuaquila"?

Yami Marius

Pokémon Wizard
Hawk means alot of things not necesarely[I can't spell this]...lets say...a red tailed hawk

can u imagine "Mukueagle" or "Mukuaquila"?

The correct definition of the word Hawk are members the Accipitrinae subfamily; all of which have the word hawk in their name. The only two exceptions are Shikra (Accipiter badius) and the Besra ( Accipiter virgatus).

There are other bird which have the word hawk in their name (like the Red-Tailed Hawk), but those aren't real hawks. All birds with Hawk in their name, however, birds-of-prey (Accipitriformes or Falconiformes, it depends).

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
The correct definition of the word Hawk are members the Accipitrinae subfamily; all of which have the word hawk in their name. The only two exceptions are Shikra (Accipiter badius) and the Besra ( Accipiter virgatus).

There are other bird which have the word hawk in their name (like the Red-Tailed Hawk), but those aren't real hawks. All birds with Hawk in their name, however, birds-of-prey (Accipitriformes or Falconiformes, it depends).
& u think Gamefreak takes that so seriously?

they just put the word hawk in it's name cuz it fits...it can be a falcon,an owl or an eagle...who knows?I just know it's ugly like an ass

Last edited:

80p

i got some corrections, someone said entai was lion but there called the three legendary dogs in which to call him lion he would be under cat family so i think its fair to say entai is not a lion pokemon, and i rilly dont see luxray being of that kind either but i guess it makes a lil more since, and if were gonna be specific as to saying psyduck is platypus because he has claws then i can say hes duck cuz platypus arnt yellow, not tryin to debate i jus disagree i guess lol, and i think they should make like a cloud pokemon or sumthin you know? they have tree pokemon and cherrys and stuff so why not other things in nature

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Still, it's already been expressed that Zigzagoon has all the aspects of the Racoon covered.
Heck, even it's ability, Pickup, is a joke on it.

There's no reason to make another. Especially one that has... a garbage can lid shield...?

Also, accessories don't make a Pokemon. Farfetch'd, as you mentioned, carries a leek.
Yet it's not a grass type.
A Pokemon holding a metal shield wouldn't instantly be Steel-type.

I mean... Where would they find the shield? Having a pokemon with a common plant is different than having them take trash can parts...
Racoons live in cities. They eat from trash cans frequently. It would use the lid as a sheild and use the trash can as armor.

m190049

Local psychopath
Racoons live in cities. They eat from trash cans frequently. It would use the lid as a sheild and use the trash can as armor.
...And something such of this will be born from an egg?
Pokemon aren't born with objects.
They're just them.
And don't say Kangaskhan. That was made in the first gen, BEFORE genders or breeding came into effect.
Same with Farfetch'd.

Now get back on topic...

Last edited:

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness
I don't think they've done a tic or leech yet.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Okay then. How about a lobster Pokemon, seeing as Corphish and Crawdaunt are based on crayfish? (Water/Steel)
I also like the idea of a pine martin Pokemon. (Normal/Grass?)
A robin Pokemon would also be cool. (Normal/Flying or Fire/Flying)
A snowy owl Pokemon would be nice. (Ice/Flying)
How about a great white shark Pokemon? (Water)

Last edited:

pokeman95

back,stornger,better
People,can't u see that Mew is based on an embryo?
doesn't "the ancestor of all pkmn" ring a bell?

OMG it is a cat cus mew sounds like meow like a CAT sound and i used to have this book that said that it was a CAT

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
OMG it is a cat cus mew sounds like meow like a CAT sound and i used to have this book that said that it was a CAT
it says it's name wich is Mew...that's why it sounds like a cat duh '____'

from Bulbapedia:
"Mew shares some traits with felines. It is also similar to a vertebrate embryo. It is purported by scientists to be the ancestor of all other Pokémon, a reference to the recapitulation theory."

Last edited:

Maruno

i got some corrections, someone said entai was lion but there called the three legendary dogs in which to call him lion he would be under cat family so i think its fair to say entai is not a lion pokemon, and i rilly dont see luxray being of that kind either but i guess it makes a lil more since, and if were gonna be specific as to saying psyduck is platypus because he has claws then i can say hes duck cuz platypus arnt yellow, not tryin to debate i jus disagree i guess lol, and i think they should make like a cloud pokemon or sumthin you know? they have tree pokemon and cherrys and stuff so why not other things in nature
Learn to punctuation, please. Full stops in particular.

Names of species and animals can only get you so far. Pokémon are essentially created only because of their aesthetic - whether they would look good. There's a whole load of pokémon that are mixtures of two or more animals, and that are strong modifications of animals. Saying you want to see an aardvark pokémon can only get you so far, because a pokémon may be created that is based on both an aardvark and a trowel (Ground/Steel), because it would look cooler (or so Game Freak may think). And then we may get people complaining that it wasn't a real aardvark, and instead it had some stupid gimmick that lessened it (and will therefore demand a real aardvark). If you want a real aardvark, go to a zoo.

Animals aren't always as interesting to look at as pokémon are supposed to be, and I see no problem with mixing a few similar animal concepts together (e.g. duck + platypus, horse + unicorn). Similarly, the classification of pokémon (i.e. what Suicune is) is mostly irrelevant, because it's a pokémon and not a real creature. All that's important in pokémon is the visual impact - what it appears to be at a glance.

Lion - Possibly also Arcanine.
Cloud - Castform/Swablu/Altaria.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Its name is the Romanization of the Japanese word Myu, meaning unique.
Anyway, has anyone mentioned an aardwolf Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.