• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

fire fan 888

Dilopasurous from Jurrassic Park would be a wicked cool Rock/Poision type
yeah that would be cool.

also a raptor would be cool.

I dont think the pokemon company used some birds.

but i have had ideas for like, a wolf pokemon. i dont remember any wolf pokemon so it would be cool (hounddoom is not a wolf...)

and it would be cool to see a narwhale like someone else posted.

m190049

Local psychopath
I've been wanting them to create a lion pokemon for the longest.

None of those you listed look like a lion imo
They're similar enough to be considered as such...
Or at least enough that Game Freak may not bother making another.

Last edited:

Emo_Kirlia

yeah that would be cool.

also a raptor would be cool.

I dont think the pokemon company used some birds.

but i have had ideas for like, a wolf pokemon. i dont remember any wolf pokemon so it would be cool (hounddoom is not a wolf...)

and it would be cool to see a narwhale like someone else posted.
They do have one raptor...StaRaptor.
My random Idea is a Porygon/Altaria/Flamingo thing...I shall call it...Flamingrion! It could be the first Water/Fire type since Flamingo' live in water and there colored Shocking Pink and almost have the word Flame in it's name. (Thought of in less than 5 minutes...don't judge me o_O)

Have they made a chinchilla pokemon? There are no hens or rooster pokemon as far as i know. Or hamsters. Isn't Mightyena a wolf? Or a Hyena? The creators need to expand the pokemon species and think of more animals than repeat them (like cat and dog pokemon have been repeated).

shadowfire222

Trainer of the dead
You mean "Komodo" dragon. And Poison/Dragon would make more sense.

Yeah my bad. True.

My thoughts have been added.

Gliscor looks like a scorpion bitten by dracula (not saying gliscor isn't cool). I would like a bulky, rocky, Dark/Rock gargoyle.

Dunno, cockroaches don't like light amigo. Just using my imagination. And matching types that havent been matched jet.

Tyranitar IS godzilla-ish. The T-Rex has his spine parallel to the ground, it doesn't stand up like that as it was thought before Jurassic Park corrected that. Still Tyranitar is pretty damn cool.

BCVM22

Have they made a chinchilla pokemon? Or hamsters. Isn't Mightyena a wolf? Or a Hyena?

Pikachu is a rough chimaera of just about every small rodent you could think of.

Mightyena is a hyena, as evidenced by the thick scruff of hair on the back of its neck, the long tail and the "-yena" in its name.

It could be the first Water/Fire type since Flamingo' live in water and there colored Shocking Pink and almost have the word Flame in it's name.

...flamingos have absolutely nothing to do with anything remotely related to fire or flame...

Tyranitar IS godzilla-ish.

Tyranitar is not meant to be Godzilla any more than, say, Aerodactyl is meant to be Rodan. It is what it is - a large, powerful, vaguely saurian armored reptile that stands upright and bears some resemblance to just about any other creature, real or fictional, that fits that description.

shadowfire222

Trainer of the dead
Have they made a chinchilla pokemon? There are no hens or rooster pokemon as far as i know. Or hamsters. Isn't Mightyena a wolf? Or a Hyena? The creators need to expand the pokemon species and think of more animals than repeat them (like cat and dog pokemon have been repeated).

Hens and roosters can both apply to the Torchic/Combusken/Blaziken evolutionary line.

Tyranitar is not meant to be Godzilla any more than, say, Aerodactyl is meant to be Rodan. It is what it is - a large, powerful, vaguely saurian armored reptile that stands upright and bears some resemblance to just about any other creature, real or fictional, that fits that description.

Ok, ok, maybe it's not inspired in godzilla, i'm just saying it's more godzilla than T-Rex. I'm just trying to point down there are no T-Rex Pokemon despite Tyranitar's name.

Last edited by a moderator:

afl21194

Have they done an eagle yet that would be alright. it could be flying but then you could manipulate however you want and add whatever type you want

afl21194

by manipulate i didnt mean change its type continually. i meant that it could be flying and normal, or flying and ice. But only one. soz if i confused you

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Mexican scorpion lizard or gila monster(those ones are the two only poisonous lizards in the world and proudly mexican alo in the south of USA!), the dragon/figthing and dragon/poison combo sound so neat to me.

The escorpion lizard(Heloderma horridium) is a poisonous alizard of 90 cm that oozes poison, however when battling each other in the wild, they use a battle style that inspired many moves in the old mexican submission(wrestling)....fighthing dragon....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beaded_lizard
The gila monster(Heloderma suspectum)is a lizard of 58 cm that also oozes poison and relies in ambush to attack its preys....poison dragon...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gila_monster
Those are two animals i would love to see in the pokemon world

kemal07

well i dont know about animals lol ive run out
maybe a unicorn being rapidash's evolved form leading it to be fire/flying type.
and a Gorgon pokemon maybe Jynx's evo
and ummm chicken

m190049

Local psychopath
Have they done an eagle yet that would be alright. it could be flying but then you could manipulate however you want and add whatever type you want
Which would be impossible to program and equally impossible to battle with.
ArceusLolroflmao.

I can easily just see a option when you click him (like with Chatter), and just choosing the type on some screen.
Though Game Freak wouldn't take away one of the signature feature of Arceus. Being any type.

and ummm chicken
Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken.

Last edited:

afl21194

Soz again, im obviously not good at explainin stuff.What i meant was. it can be flying but i cant think of what other type it could be.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Pikachu is a rough chimaera of just about every small rodent you could think of.

Mightyena is a hyena, as evidenced by the thick scruff of hair on the back of its neck, the long tail and the "-yena" in its name.

...flamingos have absolutely nothing to do with anything remotely related to fire or flame...

Right, it just looks like Godzilla.

1. Mightyena is a hyena
2. Torchic, Combusken, and Blaziken are chickens
They do have one raptor...StaRaptor.
My random Idea is a Porygon/Altaria/Flamingo thing...I shall call it...Flamingrion! It could be the first Water/Fire type since Flamingo' live in water and there colored Shocking Pink and almost have the word Flame in it's name. (Thought of in less than 5 minutes...don't judge me o_O)
That's been mentioned twice.
I've been wanting them to create a lion pokemon for the longest.

None of those you listed look like a lion imo
Luxray looks just like one.
Yeah this is exactly wha tthe fossil pokemon need to be! Classic dinosaurs are the best :D Like although Kabutops line and Omastar line are pretty neat, they were based on a trilobite and an ammonyte respectively. Armaldo and Cradily lines are ok but again are based on early cambrian era life forms which lived way before dinosaurs. For me, the only 'classic' fossil pokemon are Aerodactyl, Rampardos line and Bastiodon line as they are reminiscent of actual dinosaurs/reptiles of the jurassic and cretaceous era (in aerodactyls case anyway).

Anyway the stegosaurus seems like a great idea :D rock electric is an interesting mix and one not yet seen in pokemon.

New idea anyway: I think there should be a fossil pokemon of an ankylosaurus or Euoplocephalous which would pretty much have to be a rock/steel typing as its basically a walking tank. It should have high attack, defence and HP but low speed, and special attack with alright special defence.

Next idea is to make a Baryonyx pokemon. Eventually it could evolve into a Spinosaurus as they are very similar to each other. Baryonyx fed supposedly on fish for its main diet so water typing maybe? And instead of the traditional rock typing associated with fossils make it a dark type as it looks pretty evil. Or perhaps make it dark/fighting - perfect tyranitar counter and in JP 3 the spinosaurus and Tyrannosaurus fought with the spino winning, so hey why not? The possibilities for it are endless :D

I apologise if these animals have already been mentioned!
Good types for Euoplocephalous, but I've already made one like that.
As for Baryonyx and Spinosaurus, I would prefer Rock/Water.
Argh i didn't know that some of them had already been suggested, i haven't added to this thread in a while and only skipped back like 2 pages to read the most recent ones :S nevermind :D

Anyway a babirusa seems like a pretty neat idea. Its typing would be a pain to decide though XD it seems like anything would be possible for. All that comes to mind for me would be normal :/
Really? I was thinking Grass/Ground.

A basilisk was a big old serpant or a lizard with a ton of legs. Either way its gaze turned things into stone. I could see one being Rock/Poison. And as an evolution for it, a Cocatrice, which looks like a giant turkey on steroids. Its breath turns things into stone.

As for animals alive now or extinct, ide like to see more traditional extinct dinos. They had a good idea with Aerodactyl and Rampardos. Maybe a Stegasaurus? Stego would be Rock/Electric, conducting electricity through the fans on its back. Dilopasurous from Jurrassic Park would be a wicked cool Rock/Poision type although both those ideas are very vulnerable to ground attacks. :rolleyes:
I think Rock/Grass would make more sense for Stegosaurus.

Status
Not open for further replies.