1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v3

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by m190049, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m190049

m190049 Local psychopath

Cyndaquil is one.

*Pond Skater

If you look at all of them, notice that they all seem to bear claws. (Or... stubs. Or something...)
    They lack a Sea Turtle. I think they could probably fit in one or two more Turtles into the series if they went a route like that.

They might be able to make a slightly different looking Leatherback Sea Turtle... But again, they could probably only squeeze in one or two more. After that, they've probably than used them to their fullest potential...

...Hm... There are a lot of extinct Sea Turtle species... Fossil?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  2. Random Chaos

Random Chaos my hands are bananas

A Wumbo Pokemon

Bigfoot, Owlman, Grays, Thyslosine, Guinea Pig, Lizaredman, Chubacarba

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  3. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom @JohanSSB4 Twitter

I guess so, but it was just something I wanted to point out. It would be interesting to have a little biology lesson learned in Pokemon with the differentiation between terrapins and turtles.

On a related note, there should be a Tuatara Pokemon. It belongs to a class all on its own, so it could make a great novelty Pokemon, and be "related" to the reptilian Pokemon as well.

Has a "third eye," which could give it some psychic attacks, even if they are defensive (i.e Mind Reader, Power Trick), and could fall along the same lines as Relicanth, being a "living fossil" of sorts, and it could provide a link between the snakes and lizards....

Yeah, I'm looking too much into this. It would still be a neat Pokemon though.

[IMG200]http://www.gpdesenhos.com.br/imagens/outros/outros/pokemon/cyndaquil.jpg[/IMG200]

[IMG200]http://www.abc.net.au/science/scribblygum/June2000/img/f_echid10.jpg[/IMG200]

I can see where you're coming from with that. You would think GameFreak would label Cyndaquil as an echidna since it's similar, but then I guess kids wouldn't have any idea what an echidna is at that age, despite Knuckles running around.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  4. StarlightMew

StarlightMew Member

Sea spiders and pond skimmers/skaters are totally different check this out
    [​IMG] - pond skipper

[​IMG] - sea spider

I think Surskit looks more like the first one with the four legs and everything. Sea spiders have 8 legs but are actually not spiders or aracnids they belong to their own group.

Hehe forgot about Victreebell.. i'm scared!

I don't really think of eevee as a fennec fox but I can see it now with the large ears..How about a arctic fox or wolf. Definately ice type but then again maybe glacion already fits this.

5. zlxq3000

zlxq3000 Master Collector

I don't know if it's been said already, but I'd like to see more domesticated-looking dogs, like golden retrievers and such. I'm not a huge fan of dogs, but I think that it'd at least help the anime by providing more 'pet'-like pokemon than the somewhat wild-looking Growlithe/Arcanine or the evil-looking Houndour/Houndoom... or Snubbull, which is just a bizarre little creature.

6. m190049

m190049 Local psychopath

As much of a stretch this is... Suicune, in part.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2009
  7. ◘Ins0mnIac◘

◘Ins0mnIac◘ Supreme Overlord

Wallaby maybe? Who actually uses Khangaskhan? lol

8. Rayquaza Master777

Rayquaza Master777 #1 May Fanboy

I guess it could be a Kangaskhan pre-evo.
    Yes, a Wumbo Pokemon! You know, wumbo? Wumboing, wumboed, he/she/it/we/i WUMBO? Wumbology! The study of Wumbo!
    About the fossil, I agree, an archelon Pokemon would be cool. Rock/Water?
    If they make a Sound type, the Parasaurolophus could be Rock/Sound!
    It has some really stubby ones. And still, it's a snake like thing that can fly!

9. m190049

m190049 Local psychopath

Those look more like fins, rather than wings, to me.

10. Random Chaos

I thought they were spikes the evolved to be for show

11. m190049

m190049 Local psychopath

No, not the four prongs on it's neck.
    The fins that go down it's body. Like... Look at it's tail, for example.

12. Random Chaos

OK anyway

A Goat not the most exotic animal but still no Goat

13. m190049

m190049 Local psychopath

...Arceus. =/

14. Random Chaos

Ya the god of Pokemon is a Gaot

It's a Llama

15. m190049

m190049 Local psychopath

I know we already have 4 different "Sea Slug" Pokemon, but look at this gallery of Nudibranches on National Geographic, but they have potential for SO much more.

I think there's even potential for a long-wanted Water/Fire in one of them.

16. AR123

AR123 GodKing

they should make a Koi, that would be a nice evolution to Seaking
    ...or a large extinct dragon type animal that has half bone and half petrified scales, being rock and dragon

-more electric and fire types in general would be better, plus some interesting dragon mixes

17. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Magikarp is very clearly and undeniably a koi.

18. Thriller

Thriller Its almost time

[​IMG]

I even once fanfic'd it as a Pokemon, being a Grass/Flying/Psychic type with attacks such as "Magic Dust" and "Make a Key."

19. MegaJonZero

MegaJonZero Pokemon Master

how about a light blue furred husky pokemon, with white and black fur rings around its neck and has cropped ears. and is ice/dark type because in the arctic is always night.

20. Random Chaos

The Cheeta, Wolverine, Megalana, and Jaws

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.