• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Dolphins would porbably be est as Water/Psychic, considering their relatively high intelligence.

Water 1/Ground egg group for them like Wailmer.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Dolphins would porbably be est as Water/Psychic, considering their relatively high intelligence.

Also I always though their Echolocation ability would translate well into psychic powers. Probably a dolphin with a "ring" motif, as in like sound waves.

Trapinch...right? I always thought of that as one of those ants that become flying ants.

If you mean by ant you mean antlion. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antlion
Read further down on the page and it shows sand traps that the larva make, like Trapinch does. And before someone comes in and says that Flygon is a dragonfly look at the adult antlion, granted it shares some qualities with a dragonfly, but I'd say Flygon and, in particular, Vibrava are antlions.

And so everyone stops saying Sharpedo is the only shark Pokemon. Garchomp the lawyer land shark says otherwise. ;445;

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I've heard people argue that the Shinx line are more Lynxs then Lions. I definately can see where that might come from.

As for squids, I always though Tentacruel had some squid-like characteristics in him in addition to being a jellyfish, but yeah, I think a real squid would be awesome. Instead of Water/Poison, I always thought Water/Fire with a volcano head (since Squid's have kind of that shape) would be nice, and instead of shooting out ink it could shoot out smoke.

BCVM22

I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a squid Pokemon yet.

It'd probably be Water/Poison.

Tentacool and Tentacruel are hybrid squid/jellyfish Pokémon. Jellyfish don't have the solid, conical heads that the two Tentas do, nor do they have the large beak-claws that Tentacruel sports fore and aft, which are meant to be representative of the beaks that squids have at the bottom of their bodies.

I thought they based Groudon off that? :O

A psychic type zebra
A normal type opossum
A dragon type komodo ...dragon o_O
A water type flamingo
A water/flying type flying fish XD
Ooh, and some mythical creatures like nagas or centaurs :3​

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I always thought instead of having a Zebra, give Girafirig a Psychic/Dark evo based off the Okepi, which is a Giraffe/Zebra hybrid. It seems like a good match.

As for an Opossum, I always thought a Normal/Ghost would be neat since it'd lose Normal's only weakness. Or hell, maybe make it normal and give it an ability to temporarily change to Ghost as a reference to playing dead.

Spire

soiya
Tentacool and Tentacruel are hybrid squid/jellyfish Pokémon. Jellyfish don't have the solid, conical heads that the two Tentas do, nor do they have the large beak-claws that Tentacruel sports fore and aft, which are meant to be representative of the beaks that squids have at the bottom of their bodies.
What do you know, he's right.

A Dark/Ground Badger would also be pretty good.

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
a tucan pokemon would be good, it could be like spinda- no two are the same

Also what about a scorpion? Skorupi doesn't really look like one to me...

~Goth~

~Dark Trainer~
A tasmanian devil would be cool & evolving into a tasmanian tiger pkmn by learning ancient power^____^[they r related as species]

opossums would be cool too:D

an eagle learning ancient power & evolving into a haast eagle pkmn[for those that don't know,it's an extinct bird of prey that happens to be the largest bird of prey that ever existed^^]

a narwhal would be awesome

others:
pegasus
plancton^^
archaeopteryx
albatross
flying foxes^^

SaulGCube

Aeroga
a tucan pokemon would be good, it could be like spinda- no two are the same

Also what about a scorpion? Skorupi doesn't really look like one to me...
What about Gligar/Gliscor though they fly they still look a little like scorpions
I always thought a T-Rex could've been a pretty good idea.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Yeah, Dolphins with Water Pulse, Aqua Ring... Psychic powers would be the ultimate addition though. As for the tasmanian devil -> tasmanian tiger(or thylacine if you will) it could be a nice idea, seeing that it is possible for pokemon to be based off an extinct species.

Maruno

Has a poodle been mentioned yet? Might be an interesting idea, particularly if you make it part Grass type (think something like Jumpluff's puffs).

Status
Not open for further replies.