• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
I don't know if they already are said, but dolphins still don't have a appearnce. Yes, we have wailmer and waillord, with are based off a whale where dolphins also are from, but just a real dolphin could be done.
And what about worms? We have wurmple, but he evolves into a butterfly or a mot. There isn't a worm with remains a worm.
Kyogre's an orca, which is the largest species of dolphin. Wailmer and Wailord are based off of blue whales, and there are actually some very vast differences between dolphins and whales, so be careful with your generalisation, there.
I guess another dolphin Pokemon would be nice, though. A non-legendary one.

zenzai

Sweet and Delicious
Oish.

Don't know if anyone's suggested this, but I think a spanish dancer (they're so pretty) pokemon would be nice.

Cornchops

Team Bomba
A rock. Not like geodude or onix or anything. Just a rock. Maybe it can have a face. Maybe. And it can just sit there. It can know the move "Rock out" where it plays cool rock music and raises the opponent's attack. But then it could evolve into a komodo dragon. Rock/dragon, and it can be as awesome and overpowered as the rock dude is useless. I think Pokemon could use some more useless pokemon that evolved into overpowered ones.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Gee, 3 days on vacation and when I get back there are 2 more pages than when I left.
No, it's a hotdog with wings.

No, wait, I thought it was an airplane?
Yeah, I agree, that would be pretty cool. Maybe it would evolve from tarous?

Have they made a tiger yet?

Raikou.
So you honestly believe you have the right to keep telling us we're wrong?

Ooh, what about a giant sloth, or wooly rhino Pokemon? (Note: By giant sloth, I mean like the ones in prehistoric times, so not Slaking.. I'm not sure if Slaking even is a sloth..)
Good point.
Isn't Togekiss a dove?

A Halloween Pumpkin Pokémon, Grass/Fire or Grass/Ghost?

Good point, and good ideas!
For the last time you can't assume they are fur, or feathers...just get over it already...

Also they really should have more fire types...like just take random woodland animals and slap the fire type onto them.... and also a firefly, i mean Volbeat is one, I think, but he's kind of lame...
If they were feathers, they would look like feathers, like on Dodrio.
1. ... *facepalm*

2. Spiders can infact have six legs. They can lose their legs.

3. As I said earlier. Give me some proof or a comparison picture.

4. So? They're related to birds. that's why.

5. Oh how I miss you weegee.
1. Okay, I'll stop being persistent about my opinion if everyone else also stops being persistent about their opinions. Deal?
2. Yes, but they grow them back.
3. Googled it, couldn't find one.
4. You mean based on birds. And if Psyduck is a duck, why isn't it Flying type? With the Piplup and Torchic lines, it's because chickens don't fly well and penguins can't fly at all, respectively.
5. I miss him too.
No, no, no. It's clearly based of a goat or nothing at all. The non-existent horns back me up on this.
Stop imitating me. And it does have horns. They're just very small.
Rayquaza Master777, you really need to stop insisting you are correct.
You have supplied almost no evidence that we haven't supplied counter-evidence for.
And even after that you just blatantly ignore our points and insist you are correct.
Arguments such as this is not what the thread is for and bring nothing to the thread.
I don't want to have to do this but you have been becoming a big problem in recent times.
If you are to continue behavior such as this, I will have to request that you leave the thread.
Well, I have an idea.
Make a rule for this thread that ends/bans arguing about what Pokemon are based on and states that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but requested not to argue about it.
When you get walled by a Lanturn, you'll know that you should've thought twice. How can your opinion be right? Kids nowadays...
I was once walled by a Lanturn. Eventually, my Infernape KO'd it with Gunk Shot.
Huntail is an eel and we don't need another Water/Electric. That's what makes Lanturn special.
We need more Water/Electric Pokemon. Examples would be:
Electric catfish
Electric Eel
Possibly a sort of squid? I just think that a squid that has tentacles made of lightning would be cool. :D
Psyduck the Duck Pokemon. It's not a platypus unless you're saying it as a cry for attention...anyways there's no Pokemon that's based off of the Humuhumunukunukuapua`a. That's a real animal. Look it up.

It's a platypus. The name and PokeDex entry mean nothing. You're really getting on my nerves, by the way.
The "duck" part possibly refers to its bill, but typically the name and PokeDex entry mean nothing.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Well, I have an idea.
Make a rule for this thread that ends/bans arguing about what Pokemon are based on and states that everyone is entitled to their own opinion but requested not to argue about it.

A pistol shrimp Pokemon by the way, that would make a great Water/Fire attack, seeing as it can create heat higher than that of the sun's.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy

A pistol shrimp Pokemon by the way, that would make a great Water/Fire attack, seeing as it can create heat higher than that of the sun's.
1. I know it seems to be hypocrisy, but nonetheless, we should form a rule like that.
2. Really? Using friction, right?

EDIT: I have what could be the best idea ever. (wait for it)
A CROCODUCK POKEMON!
It would be fantastic. Don't know what it is? Search for it on Google, or, better yet, Know Your Meme ( http://www.knowyourmeme.com ).

Last edited:

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
1. I know it seems to be hypocrisy, but nonetheless, we should form a rule like that.
2. Really? Using friction, right?

The only problem is that when they're no arguing, people can't get their point across. Or did you not mean debating when you said arguing?

The claw closes at less than 1 millisecond, and the bubble that results causes the explosion. It also creates a noise that can shatter glass.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
The only problem is that when they're no arguing, people can't get their point across. Or did you not mean debating when you said arguing?

The claw closes at less than 1 millisecond, and the bubble that results causes the explosion. It also creates a noise that can shatter glass.

Epic! That's legendary Pokemon material if you ask me.

BCVM22

Funny how the only person to suggest this is the person who can't support their [many] argument(s) with anything but the proverbial toothpicks and scotch tape.

I have what could be the best idea ever. (wait for it)
A CROCODUCK POKEMON

Unfunny Internet memes are fine in their natural habitat - the wilds of the Internet - and should never, ever be imported lest they breed, populate and become a dangerous invasive species. What you suggest would be just that.

Grei

not the color
you guys forgot llamas!

Wait... THAT'S what Arceus is based off of, guys! =D

1. Okay, I'll stop being persistent about my opinion if everyone else also stops being persistent about their opinions. Deal?

Well, I have an idea.

What I don't think you'll ever understand, Rayquaza, is that your "persistence in opinion" is really coming off as "I am absolutely correct in my opinion." You may think and say that you have differences in opinion with others, but you really don't accept others opinions.

Example:
It's a platypus. The name and PokeDex entry mean nothing. You're really getting on my nerves, by the way.
The "duck" part possibly refers to its bill, but typically the name and PokeDex entry mean nothing.

How do you know this for sure? It's been said before that it may or may not be either, or it may be on or the other, but you're getting all aggravated because somebody's opinion is different from yours. If you mean it as, "I believe it is a platypus, for these reasons", say it that way. Stating your opinions in the way you seem to be doing causes more bad than it does good in debates.

It's either that you're just very opinionated, or you truly believe you are always right with your opinions, and are only saying that you accept others opinions to justify your behavior to yourself. It really needs to stop.

Last edited:

Edge Master

I'm back!
R.M i keep hearing you say that arceus' ears are like young goat horns. i used to love goats and i saw young goats. guess what?! theyre hrns were smaller than arceus' ears and they wernt that thin. the horns were short and stumpy not tall and thin. also why would arceus have young goat horns when he looks full grown?
and psyduck is mostly platypus. no wings, a platypus bill, no feathers. but it has duck elements. its name, yellow coloring etc.
and how about making a pokemon out of one of those small bugs that have a hard shell that curl into balls?

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
R.M i keep hearing you say that arceus' ears are like young goat horns. i used to love goats and i saw young goats. guess what?! theyre hrns were smaller than arceus' ears and they wernt that thin. the horns were short and stumpy not tall and thin. also why would arceus have young goat horns when he looks full grown?
and psyduck is mostly platypus. no wings, a platypus bill, no feathers. but it has duck elements. its name, yellow coloring etc.
and how about making a pokemon out of one of those small bugs that have a hard shell that curl into balls?

I believe you're referring to pill bugs.

Don't bother arguing with him, it won't work.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
I believe you're referring to pill bugs.

Don't bother arguing with him, it won't work.
And I said not to argue about what Pokemon are based on, anyway.
1. Well, I meant about the relative height of them (Ratio and scale factor taken into account)
2. Yes, just elements.
3. I said stop debating what Pokemon are based on.
4. Technically speaking, those aren't bugs (bugs are insects that have wings and a beak), they're myriapods (like millipedes).
Wait... THAT'S what Arceus is based off of, guys! =D

What I don't think you'll ever understand, Rayquaza, is that your "persistence in opinion" is really coming off as "I am absolutely correct in my opinion." You may think and say that you have differences in opinion with others, but you really don't accept others opinions.

Example:

How do you know this for sure? It's been said before that it may or may not be either, or it may be on or the other, but you're getting all aggravated because somebody's opinion is different from yours. If you mean it as, "I believe it is a platypus, for these reasons", say it that way. Stating your opinions in the way you seem to be doing causes more bad than it does good in debates.

It's either that you're just very opinionated, or you truly believe you are always right with your opinions, and are only saying that you accept others opinions to justify your behavior to yourself. It really needs to stop.
1. I said we should stop debating what Pokemon are based on.
2. That's RM to everyone who has called me Rayquaza, Mario! (Mama Luigi reference, sort of) And I'm honestly really stubborn, so I'm not very good at accepting other people's opinions (I rarely do, actually). Also, see #1.
3. That's exactly what I meant. And see #1.
Funny how the only person to suggest this is the person who can't support their [many] argument(s) with anything but the proverbial toothpicks and scotch tape.

Unfunny Internet memes are fine in their natural habitat - the wilds of the Internet - and should never, ever be imported lest they breed, populate and become a dangerous invasive species. What you suggest would be just that.
Look, I tried to support them but no-one would listen to me. Anyway, I say we ban talking about what Pokemon are based on, since there's another thread for that! However, I'm pretty sure that thread died, like, last year.
Also, how would a Crocoduck be a dangerous invasive species?! You didn't say anything against my suggestion for a Weegee Pokemon!

1. Yes, that's exactly what I meant!
2. That's incredible! The bubble really causes the explosion? If that shrimp were made into a Pokemon, it should have its own signature move!
Here's something that would make a truly epic Pokemon:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odobenocetops
Prehistoric, maybe Rock/Water.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
*breathe*

A basking shark Pokemon.. That would be the single best Sharpedo evolution EVER.

Waiiit a minute. Why are RM's posts becoming more intelligent?

That scares me a little.

elephantdog

ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier
According to Gestalt Psychology, RM could've had a sudden insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.