1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v3

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by m190049, Nov 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razor fire

razor fire Well-Known Member

Kyogre
    Stantler is infact a caribou
    Mightyena

2. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Kyogre

Cresselia

Mightyena

Mightyena, for its etymology, longer neck and thick scruff of fur on the back of its neck, is more hyena than it is wolf.

Deer and caribou aren't so tremendously different taxonomically that Stantler is one more than the other simply by virtue of design, but it's worth noting that Stantler has never been found in a cold or snowy locale nor can it learn any attacks of the Ice-type, two things you'd figure they'd do if Stantler were based on an animal that spends most of its time crossing frozen tundra as opposed to one that lives in slightly more temperate and forested climes.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2009
  3. Rayquaza Master777

Rayquaza Master777 #1 May Fanboy

Orca: Kyogre
    Swan: Cresselia
    Hyena: Mightyena
    Um, I was giving evidence for Suicune being a wolf.
    Wait, what IS Masquerain based on?!

4. BynineB

BynineB Wielding Übersaw.

I personally think it's a bizzare take on an owl moth, myself.

5. Rayquaza Master777

Really? I thought it was a bizarre take on a sphinx moth, but I wasn't actually very sure.
    How about a fluke Pokemon? It would be Water/Poison and would evolve into a leech. Or, it could be a solid Poison type that evolves when leveled up with any mouse or rat Pokemon in the party. It would evolve into a flatworm.

6. 5ilVer

5ilVer <-- so adorable ^_^

7. Rayquaza Master777

How about a megaloceros Pokemon (Irish Elk)?

8. MegaTravis

MegaTravis Pokemon Trainer

Oh wow, thats weird. Cool Name. I guess great minds think alike. Just kidding.

9. The Head Honchkrow

The Head Honchkrow As the crow flies...

Panther
    Swan (And I mean one that actually resembles a swan)
    Peacock
    Husky
    Springer Spaniel
    Vulture
    Manticore

~The Head Honchkrow~

10. m190049

m190049 Local psychopath

There should be a Pokemon based on a flounder.
    For some reason it seems juuuust the right amount of knowingness/obscurity to make a Pokemon...
    But there isn't an actual one.

And I shall reiterate the need for a Sea Turtle with flippers.
    One that appears when surfing of fishing (or diving if that's ever brought back).

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  11. Rayquaza Master777

I sure hope diving is brought back...
    You saying my mind isn't great?!
    Just joking!

There are a bunch of awesome prehistoric crocodiles that would make good Pokemon. They don't look much like Totodile's family, though:
    BoarCroc
    Dakosaurus
    DuckCroc
    RatCroc
    DogCroc
    Meawhile, we also could use Pokemon based on:
    Mononykus
    Tripod fish
    Camel crickets

12. iain651

iain651 iain651 in most rpgs

hi

im back!!!! *loud cheering* how about a gargoyle

13. ShinyPichu4Ever

ShinyPichu4Ever Eye of the Storm

They should make a Tiger pokemon and a Lemming pokemon. If you dunno what a lemming is then... LOOK IT UP!

14. Arceu$_EX

Arceu$_EX The Antagoni$t

well wouldnt raikou be considered a tiger(even tho hes a legendary dog he looks just like one)
    i say a polar bear pokemon hast been made

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  15. Kreis

Kreis Still Dirrty

I don't know where people got "dogs" from, but they're not referred to as such.

16. ShinyPichu4Ever

ShinyPichu4Ever Eye of the Storm

No I don't think that Raikou should be considered a Tiger because first he is listed as a legendary dog, which basically omits all other animals of which he could be, plus to me he doesn't look like a tiger much. i think they should create one that's obviously based off a tiger

17. BynineB

BynineB Wielding Übersaw.

They are Legendary Beasts, not dogs.

18. Kreis

Kreis Still Dirrty

As I said, it's beyond me how you think he's a dog. Raikou is based off a feline, and he shares similarities to that of a tiger.

19. razor fire

razor fire Well-Known Member

Where exactly does it say that it is a Legendary Dog? Please show me before making a statement like that again.

20. Arceu$_EX

Arceu$_EX The Antagoni$t

well i've always heard(since their first releases) that they were legendary dogs but how could you not see raikou looks like a tiger, he has long fangs like a sabre-toothed wat? tiger right and he also is yellow(even tho tigers aren't yellow, but the color is close to orange) with black thunder "stripes" on his shoulders and sides

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.