• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
I was thinking the same thing with a Pokemon called Speerfish.

I would like to see those!

Another good idea!

As for animals, what about:
A cute fruit bat since we all ready have bug-eating/vampire(?) bats (another image!)
a Crane Fly/Moqsuite eater (image)
Wasps or Hornets (Beedrill doesn't count because they are more like Africianized Killer Bees)
Roach (Bug-Poison)
Stegosaurus
Trilobite (or is that Anorith?) NO, IT'S KABUTO.
Rattlesnake (Not like Ekans, actually has fangs like Seviper and lives in the desert)
Wild Turkey
Luna Mothes (I want a pretty Moth Pokemon, not a creepy one like Venomoth and Dustox!)
Male version of Kangaskhan (I thought up my own named Kangaczar)
Bison/Water Buffalo (Tauros is a bull like what you see on a ranch or in a Rodeo)
Pill Bug
Scarab
Ants (preferably Fire or Leaf Cutter ants)
Leaf Insect/Walking Leaf
Walking Stick
African wild dogs

As for mythical creatures:
Hydra
Griffin
Cerebus (possible evolved form of Houndoom)
Sphinx (like the kind that asks riddles in Greek Mythology)
Pegasus (Would make a great evo for Rapidash)
Goblins? NUZLEAF, SHIFTRY
The Grim Reaper? :p DUSKNOIR

Plants:
Tulips
Daffodils
Poison Ivy
Poppies
Oak trees (Unless Shiftry counts but it reminds me more of a nutcracker)

A Pokemon based off of MissingNo that's like a computer virus?

Finally, what about more Pokemon based off of other Nintendo characters/creatures/enemies? Gardevior and Gallade all ready reminds me of Zelda and Link, Jigglypuff reminds me of Kirby and Blaziken reminds me of Capt. Falcon. Also, the Pokemon series reminds me strangely of EarthBound and the rest of the Mother series.

My thoughts in caps.

DragonKazooie89

PokeBound Trainer
^ I thought Kabuto was based more off of Horseshoe Crabs.

darkflamesofsarrow

Dragon Trainer
well its not an animal but its a plant

devil's tounge
grass/fire or grass/dark fire because of the name same goes to to dark
for an ability it could be stench

Truongman4life

Shiny Obsessed.
for some reason, i would love to see a sasquatch pokemon. (no, abomasnow is a yeti!) it could be some kinda counterpart to abomasnow tho...

I would like to see a sturgeon. It could be Water/Rock. The design would be very easy to devise because real sturgeons have those streamlined bodies and armor-like lumps on their sides.
*Also, they could have it work at a pokemon center as the sturgeon general.*
I also think a manatee would be nice. Maybe a panda that actually looks like one (how did they convince themselves that Spinda looked like a panda, anyways?). A duncleosteus (I think it's spelled that way) would be the perfect Water-type, maybe evolving from Relicanth.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy

espeon13x

Espeon Trainer
i still say a cool red panda would be the best, grass/ground, and c'mon spinda in no way looks like a red panda.

M.S. Grimm

Berry Apprentice
I'd like to see an Fire-Ant pokemon. Like maybe a starter? Also a Gharial and Barracuda. Poison/Dark Komodo Dragon maybe. Them things are brutal. STAB Pursuit would be fitting i think.

Maybe a Guinea Pig too.

Chinchilla

I'd like to see a crane too.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy

pichu_power

But Never Again...
I was ttly thinking crane [water/flying] as well! [along with a swordfish [water]]

Kabutops HAS TO BE a horseshoe crab! It looks EXACTLY like one!

I also was thinking of a zebra?

BCVM22

Kabutops HAS TO BE a horseshoe crab! It looks EXACTLY like one!

Given the fossil origins of Kabuto/Kabutops, the two are equal parts horseshoe crab and trilobite, much in the same away that Omanyte/Omastar are based in no small part on ammonites but bear more than a slight resemblance to the nautilus (nautili?), which are still very much living.

a liger would kill

Lemme guess, it would be bred for its skills in magic and would pretty much be your favorite Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.