• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
No I mean a pure flying type.

A griffin?! A pure Flying type would really only be possible for a blimp, a balloon, a cloud, or something else along those lines! Griffins have LEGS. Because of that, they would be able to use Roost, which removes the Flying type from the user temporarily. It would only work if it were fused with a cloud or even made of clouds or if it were stylized enough to not have legs.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Chill I just want a pure flying type.
Okay, so do I, but I fear it can't have legs.

Here's my list. -> indicates evolution
Right-whale dolphin -> right whale in symbiotic relationship with a barnacle Pokemon
Giant Clam (A Shellder split evo, Water/Steel)
Flying Spaghetti Monster
Ctulhu (or however it's spelled)
Hippogriff
Guinea pig -> Patagonian cavy
Paca
Fire coral (Water/Fire?)
Scorpion fly

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
A griffin?! A pure Flying type would really only be possible for a blimp, a balloon, a cloud, or something else along those lines! Griffins have LEGS. Because of that, they would be able to use Roost, which removes the Flying type from the user temporarily. It would only work if it were fused with a cloud or even made of clouds or if it were stylized enough to not have legs.

They could just change the effect of Roost to turn that specific Pokemon into a Normal type when it uses it. Not that hard.

Hmm, a moose (Stantler's a deer) Pokemon would be pretty cool. Also, a snowy owl would be nice.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
They could just change the effect of Roost to turn that specific Pokemon into a Normal type when it uses it. Not that hard.

Hmm, a moose (Stantler's a deer) Pokemon would be pretty cool. Also, a snowy owl would be nice.
Um, they haven't yet, and Arceus can be a Flying type, and because of that, it can't learn Roost, since then it wouldn't have a type.

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
Um, they haven't yet, and Arceus can be a Flying type, and because of that, it can't learn Roost, since then it wouldn't have a type.

Well, not only would it be pretty hard for Arceus to Roost.. it doesn't have wings.. It's not like they couldn't change it in the fifth gen. Or sixth. or eighteenth. or.. you get my point.

Peter Quill

star-lord
They can still change it though. Period.

I kinda like the moose idea, but there wouldn't be much you could do to it imo :/

Dante Falls

Doppelgänger
Cthulhu could be a Dark/ Bug type, but with access to Water and Psychic type moves. Legendary too, seeing as we don't have a Bug legendary, and Cthulhu is reasonably legendary.

Brain pokemon? Something that looks like a brain with feelers? Psychic?
Dodo? Seeing as Doduo/Dodrio look more like Ostriches. Normal/ Flying?
Polar Bear? Ice/Normal or Ice/Fighting?
Housefly? Such as a Blue Bottle? Bug/ Flying
Fire-Ants? (I've seen this suggested before, I quite like it) Fire/Bug?
Bird of Paradise? Normal/ Flying? or Electric~ or Fire~? Sort of like the Legendary Birds, but more colourful plumage
Forest Fire? Sure, not an animal, but plantlife often succumbs to it, and we have quite a few Pokémon based off plants. Some sort of tree/brush on fire? Fire/Grass?

W.T.

Donw with CIPHET!
Having created 1000 (yes, 1000) fakemons over the course of last year, I'm well aware that soon they're gonna run out of ideas.

I have a couple cool ones:
Tigredux - Tiger Pokémon - Normal. It's one of the rarest, and based off of a Siberian tiger.
Fuevo - Glowworm Pokémon - Bug/Fire, sort of like the Fire Ant you suggested.
Melegrass - Turkey Pokémon - Grass. OK, this one sounds sorta weird, but I had just finished Thanksgiving dinner and I was a little, you know, zombified. It's just Grass, not Grass/Flying -- turkeys are flightless.
Quetzatlas - Sky Terror Pokémon - Rock/Flying (or Rock/Dragon, I haven't decided yet). Looks sort of like a cross between a T-rex and an eagle. It's an evo of Aerodactyl at level 54.
Monocera - Unicorn Pokémon - Normal. Never tried out before.
Dukwrangle - Tank Pokémon - Steel/Water. I've got loads of these walking, talking machine fakemons. This one looks like an army tank. You know, the kind with the huge cannons in front.
Mechilla - Pulverizer Pokémon - Steel/Fighting. Looks like your garden variety city-destroying robot from an old sci-fi movie.
Kroject - Driller Pokémon - Steel/Ground. Just a huge drill/chisel with eyes and fangs.
Barcomyst - Shipwreck Pokémon - Steel/Water. An old, broken-down, magically animated boat with seaweed hanging off the sides.
Geniac - Virus Pokémon - Electric/Psychic. Got the name from an old Kid Radd comic. It's basically a computer virus that can spread itself through the "real world." Causes lots of status conditions.
Alfaross - Alpha Wolf Pokémon - Ice/Psychic. Has anyone tried a timber wolf yet? No? Good. Thank you.
Delfini - Dolphin Pokémon - Water/Grass. Inspired by a certain Mario game.
Donker - Donkey Pokémon - Rock/Ground. It's a donkey... please don't use the more vulgar synonym for it.
Shermount - Sequoia Pokémon - Grass. Based off the giant sequoia, the world's largest tree. It's the final evolution of one of our starters.
Blaroach - Cockroach Pokémon - Bug. Hey, don't insult it, man, it can survive a nuclear holocaust.
Lycander - Werewolf Pokémon - Dark. Mightyena looks sorta like a werewolf I uh... guess... one of my friends told me... but I created this one anyway.
Mutzie - Ice Mummy Pokémon - Ice. (Or Ice/Ghost) Inspired by a National Geographic story about a mummy preserved in ice in a glacier.
Platos - Platypus Pokémon - Water/Ground. Being on the "duck" side of the "Psyduck: Duck or Platypus?" argument, I created this.
Koizen - Carp Pokémon - Water. Looks like a carp (koi) fish with Zen patterns on the side, hence the name.
Phesan - Pheasant Pokémon - Flying. What the heck is up with Normal/Flying instead of just plain old Flying? Screw that. Let Flying types live out their resistance to Fighting in peace.
Jusdig - Lemming Pokémon - Ice/Ground. Based on the lemming, star of a popular strategy video game and also a wildlife item in Canada's northern territories.

What say you to these ideas?

BCVM22

I'm well aware that soon they're gonna run out of ideas.

No they won't. What you do as a "Fakemon creator" (...) has no bearing on what the artists do.

Also, Mightyena is a hyena. Not a werewolf in any way.

Last edited:

snoruntking27

SnoruntMaster
is there a pigeon? probably yeah!

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.

mibler

they should make a female only lizard based off those lizards that have female popluations of only lizards...

Maybe add more fruit pokemon, like a bud then a flower, then a fruit, instead of being fruit than a flower like Cherubi...

a nautilus, although I suppose the Oma's are very similar...

Albatross? Loon? More aquatic Birds?

the sea pig http://17.media.tumblr.com/45IvGkx3spdqfpqgC2ALKWYuo1_500.jpg

This http://images.apple.com/ca/science/profiles/claire_nouvian/images/image1_page2.jpg or other deep sea animals, they'd be great if dive spots ever make a return....

mabye something like Ganesha...

BCVM22

Basing Pokémon off actual religious deities = biiiiiiiiiig no-no. Notice that the one time they even come close to a Pokémon deity of any sort, it's a nice, nonthreatening, vaguely equine figure that doesn't resemble anything from Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism or any other major religion.

mibler

yes, I know that pokemon would never have anything like Ganesh, I just like the way it looks, and think that a bipedal elephant like creature would be cool, but they would probably ruin it anyways...

Diving spider? It would make a decent water/bug...

and wombat, tasmanian devil, Thylacine, Musk ox, and Narwhal

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
is there a pigeon? probably yeah!
Pidgey.
Having created 1000 (yes, 1000) fakemons over the course of last year, I'm well aware that soon they're gonna run out of ideas.

I have a couple cool ones:
Tigredux - Tiger Pokémon - Normal. It's one of the rarest, and based off of a Siberian tiger.
Fuevo - Glowworm Pokémon - Bug/Fire, sort of like the Fire Ant you suggested.
Melegrass - Turkey Pokémon - Grass. OK, this one sounds sorta weird, but I had just finished Thanksgiving dinner and I was a little, you know, zombified. It's just Grass, not Grass/Flying -- turkeys are flightless.
Quetzatlas - Sky Terror Pokémon - Rock/Flying (or Rock/Dragon, I haven't decided yet). Looks sort of like a cross between a T-rex and an eagle. It's an evo of Aerodactyl at level 54.
Monocera - Unicorn Pokémon - Normal. Never tried out before.
Dukwrangle - Tank Pokémon - Steel/Water. I've got loads of these walking, talking machine fakemons. This one looks like an army tank. You know, the kind with the huge cannons in front.
Mechilla - Pulverizer Pokémon - Steel/Fighting. Looks like your garden variety city-destroying robot from an old sci-fi movie.
Kroject - Driller Pokémon - Steel/Ground. Just a huge drill/chisel with eyes and fangs.
Barcomyst - Shipwreck Pokémon - Steel/Water. An old, broken-down, magically animated boat with seaweed hanging off the sides.
Geniac - Virus Pokémon - Electric/Psychic. Got the name from an old Kid Radd comic. It's basically a computer virus that can spread itself through the "real world." Causes lots of status conditions.
Alfaross - Alpha Wolf Pokémon - Ice/Psychic. Has anyone tried a timber wolf yet? No? Good. Thank you.
Delfini - Dolphin Pokémon - Water/Grass. Inspired by a certain Mario game.
Donker - Donkey Pokémon - Rock/Ground. It's a donkey... please don't use the more vulgar synonym for it.
Shermount - Sequoia Pokémon - Grass. Based off the giant sequoia, the world's largest tree. It's the final evolution of one of our starters.
Blaroach - Cockroach Pokémon - Bug. Hey, don't insult it, man, it can survive a nuclear holocaust.
Lycander - Werewolf Pokémon - Dark. Mightyena looks sorta like a werewolf I uh... guess... one of my friends told me... but I created this one anyway.
Mutzie - Ice Mummy Pokémon - Ice. (Or Ice/Ghost) Inspired by a National Geographic story about a mummy preserved in ice in a glacier.
Platos - Platypus Pokémon - Water/Ground. Being on the "duck" side of the "Psyduck: Duck or Platypus?" argument, I created this.
Koizen - Carp Pokémon - Water. Looks like a carp (koi) fish with Zen patterns on the side, hence the name.
Phesan - Pheasant Pokémon - Flying. What the heck is up with Normal/Flying instead of just plain old Flying? Screw that. Let Flying types live out their resistance to Fighting in peace.
Jusdig - Lemming Pokémon - Ice/Ground. Based on the lemming, star of a popular strategy video game and also a wildlife item in Canada's northern territories.

What say you to these ideas?
Turkeys actually can fly at speeds of up to 35 mph.

Woolly Spider Monkey
Volcano Rabbit
Pika
All I can think of right now.

katkat

InsertDramaticMusic
Like what?

Arctic Tern= Ice/Flying= :D Yays!

No, wingull is a seagull.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.