• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

killer whale (Orca)

Kyogre

Cresselia

Mightyena

Mightyena is hyena/wolf-esque

Mightyena, for its etymology, longer neck and thick scruff of fur on the back of its neck, is more hyena than it is wolf.

Stantler is infact a caribou

Deer and caribou aren't so tremendously different taxonomically that Stantler is one more than the other simply by virtue of design, but it's worth noting that Stantler has never been found in a cold or snowy locale nor can it learn any attacks of the Ice-type, two things you'd figure they'd do if Stantler were based on an animal that spends most of its time crossing frozen tundra as opposed to one that lives in slightly more temperate and forested climes.

Last edited:

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Here a few i have notice
killer whale (Orca)
Moose (Stantler is a deer)
Swan
Fly
Hyena

Orca: Kyogre
Swan: Cresselia
Hyena: Mightyena
Then grow up. Accepting the opinions of others is a part of life, and a part of growing up. Just because you're on a Pokemon forum doesn't mean you're exempt being courteous. You'll need to accept others opinions at some point, otherwise, you'll never get anywhere, ever.

And debating what Pokemon are based off of sort of comes with this thread. When somebody says, "There should be a mosquito Pokemon!" and somebody else shouts "We have one! That's Masquerain!", it needs to be made clear that that is not what Masquerain is based off of. For example.

Otherwise, anyone can just call any bug Pokemon they see a mosquito, and any four-legged Pokemon is a wolf, and then everyone is misinformed and ignorant.
Um, I was giving evidence for Suicune being a wolf.
Wait, what IS Masquerain based on?!

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
I personally think it's a bizzare take on an owl moth, myself.

Really? I thought it was a bizarre take on a sphinx moth, but I wasn't actually very sure.
How about a fluke Pokemon? It would be Water/Poison and would evolve into a leech. Or, it could be a solid Poison type that evolves when leveled up with any mouse or rat Pokemon in the party. It would evolve into a flatworm.

5ilVer

<-- so adorable ^_^

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
How about a megaloceros Pokemon (Irish Elk)?

MegaTravis

Pokemon Trainer

m190049

Local psychopath
There should be a Pokemon based on a flounder.
For some reason it seems juuuust the right amount of knowingness/obscurity to make a Pokemon...
But there isn't an actual one.

And I shall reiterate the need for a Sea Turtle with flippers.
One that appears when surfing of fishing (or diving if that's ever brought back).

Last edited:

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
There should be a Pokemon based on a flounder.
For some reason it seems juuuust the right amount of knowingness/obscurity to make a Pokemon...
But there isn't an actual one.

And I shall reiterate the need for a Sea Turtle with flippers.
One that appears when surfing of fishing (or diving if that's ever brought back).

I sure hope diving is brought back...
Oh wow, thats weird. Cool Name. I guess great minds think alike. Just kidding.
You saying my mind isn't great?!
Just joking!

There are a bunch of awesome prehistoric crocodiles that would make good Pokemon. They don't look much like Totodile's family, though:
BoarCroc
Dakosaurus
DuckCroc
RatCroc
DogCroc
Meawhile, we also could use Pokemon based on:
Mononykus
Tripod fish
Camel crickets

iain651

iain651 in most rpgs
hi

im back!!!! *loud cheering* how about a gargoyle

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
They should make a Tiger pokemon and a Lemming pokemon. If you dunno what a lemming is then... LOOK IT UP!

Arceu$_EX

The Antagoni$t
well wouldnt raikou be considered a tiger(even tho hes a legendary dog he looks just like one)
i say a polar bear pokemon hast been made

Last edited:

Kreis

Still Dirrty
well wouldnt raikou be considered a tiger(even tho hes a legendary dog he looks just like one)
i say a wolf pokemon hast been made

I don't know where people got "dogs" from, but they're not referred to as such.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
i say a wolf pokemon hast been made

No I don't think that Raikou should be considered a Tiger because first he is listed as a legendary dog, which basically omits all other animals of which he could be, plus to me he doesn't look like a tiger much. i think they should create one that's obviously based off a tiger

BynineB

Wielding Übersaw.
No I don't think that Raikou should be considered a Tiger because first he is listed as a legendary dog, which basically omits all other animals of which he could be, plus to me he doesn't look like a tiger much. i think they should create one that's obviously based off a tiger

They are Legendary Beasts, not dogs.

Kreis

Still Dirrty

As I said, it's beyond me how you think he's a dog. Raikou is based off a feline, and he shares similarities to that of a tiger.

razor fire

Where exactly does it say that it is a Legendary Dog? Please show me before making a statement like that again.

Arceu$_EX

The Antagoni$t
well i've always heard(since their first releases) that they were legendary dogs but how could you not see raikou looks like a tiger, he has long fangs like a sabre-toothed wat? tiger right and he also is yellow(even tho tigers aren't yellow, but the color is close to orange) with black thunder "stripes" on his shoulders and sides

Status
Not open for further replies.