• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Spearow/swablu are sparrows.
pichu/pikachu/raichu/marill/azumarill are mice
seviper is a viper
zubat/golbat/crobat are vampire bats
sharpedo is a shark
carvannah is a pirrannah
wingull is a seagull
pellipper is a pelican
zangoose is a mongoose
magikarp is a carp
manaphy/mantine are manta rays

I really want to see other bats as pokemon, zubat is so boring!
I hope i get the concept of this thread.

mibler

pichu/pikachu/raichu/marill/azumarill (rabbit?) are mice
seviper is a viper
sharpedo is a sunfish
carvannah is a pirrannah
wingull is a seagull
pellipper is a pelican
zangoose is a mongoose
magikarp is a carp
manaphy????/mantine are manta rays

I put some comments in bold....

and
an anemone could be interesting... or sea unrchins...
maybe a goose (is there a goose?)
and a normal-looking monkey...preferably without a hand on its tail or a pig-nose...

R_N

I don't believe there's been a peacock pokemon yet, has there?

They already come pre-equipped with notable gender differences.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
seviper is a viper
sharpedo is a shark
carvannah is a pirrannah
wingull is a seagull
pellipper is a pelican
zangoose is a mongoose
magikarp is a carp

Here we go..
Swablu is a Lorikeet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorikeet
Spearow looks more like a Kestrel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kestrel
Pichu/Pikachu I always thought where Pikas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pika
Raichu is a Kangaroo rat, while Azumarill is a Rabbit.
Sharpedo is a Shark and a torpedo, but has a similar body type to that of a Sunfish. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molidae
Manaphy is not a Manta ray. Bulbapedia says it is based off of a sea angel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_angel

an anemone could be interesting... or sea unrchins...
maybe a goose (is there a goose?)
and a normal-looking monkey...preferably without a hand on its tail or a pig-nose...
Anemone would be cool.
I don't think there is a goose. Altaria reminds me of a goose, but it isn't one.
Monferno/Infernape aren't good monkeys?

They already come pre-equipped with notable gender differences.
That is an excellent idea. Too bad they didn't use it for the 4th gen, would have been a good pokemon to show off the "gender differences".
-;248;

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Here we go..
Swablu is a Lorikeet http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorikeet
Spearow looks more like a Kestrel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kestrel
Pichu/Pikachu I always thought where Pikas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pika
Raichu is a Kangaroo rat, while Azumarill is a Rabbit.
Sharpedo is a Shark and a torpedo, but has a similar body type to that of a Sunfish. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molidae
Manaphy is not a Manta ray. Bulbapedia says it is based off of a sea angel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_angel

Anemone would be cool.
I don't think there is a goose. Altaria reminds me of a goose, but it isn't one.
Monferno/Infernape aren't good monkeys?

That is an excellent idea. Too bad they didn't use it for the 4th gen, would have been a good pokemon to show off the "gender differences".
-;248;

Pikachu is SO not a pika. Pika is a Japanese word that's an onamotopoeia (sp?) for an electric sparkling, and chu means mouse.
seviper is a viper
sharpedo is a shark
carvannah is a pirrannah
wingull is a seagull
pellipper is a pelican
zangoose is a mongoose
magikarp is a carp

Sharpedo is an ocean sunfish, Manaphy is a sea fairy or sea butterly (a kind of free-floating snail), the Pikachu line is technically a group of rats, Azumarill is a rabbit, and piranha is spelled the way I just spelled it.
lama, camual, dilphin. TURKEY

PUMA!!!

I think you mean, "llama, camel, dolphin."
Numel is a camel.
I know we already have an octopus, but maybe another one as a Water/Electric type with tentacles made of plasma. For a name, how about something like "Shocktopus?"

JohnLee

Ok. Here are my thoughts on animals that aren't pokemon yet....

Koala Bear
Meerkat
Manatee
A flying fish
Ram-sort of a male version of mareep

Also, I'd like a better elephant pokemon besides phanpy and donphan and a better dolphin pokemon besides lanturn.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
There's quite a few Yokai already made into Pokemon; Dusclops, Exeggutor, and Espeon for example. But there's also a few popular ones that are missing...

- Amakiri could be made into another Dark/Flying type combination with Hyper Cutter
- Bakekujira easily the most needed Water/Ghost type Pokemon
- Nurikabe these things are everywhere in Japan, and I refuse to believe the Geodude, Sudowoodo and Nosepass lines are based off of them. Definitely a Rock-type, but maybe even a Rock/Ghost combination, with Block of course.

I know they're not animals-animals, more cryptid-zoological-animals, but Pokemon are Pokemon dammit!

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
There's quite a few Yokai already made into Pokemon; Dusclops, Exeggutor, and Espeon for example. But there's also a few popular ones that are missing...

- Amakiri could be made into another Dark/Flying type combination with Hyper Cutter
- Bakekujira easily the most needed Water/Ghost type Pokemon
- Nurikabe these things are everywhere in Japan, and I refuse to believe the Geodude, Sudowoodo and Nosepass lines are based off of them. Definitely a Rock-type, but maybe even a Rock/Ghost combination, with Block of course.

I know they're not animals-animals, more cryptid-zoological-animals, but Pokemon are Pokemon dammit!

Cryptids are animals.
Dusclops: Mummy cyclops
Espeon: Some sort of cat, or possibly some sort of fox
Exeggutor: Palm tree
I don't think those are Yokai.
Ok. Here are my thoughts on animals that aren't pokemon yet....

Koala Bear
Meerkat
Manatee
A flying fish
Ram-sort of a male version of mareep

Also, I'd like a better elephant pokemon besides phanpy and donphan and a better dolphin pokemon besides lanturn.

Lanturn's not a dolphin. It's an angler fish.

zlxq3000

Master Collector

Ho-oh says hi.

I think there should be another chicken pokemon, one similar to Farfetch'd, if only to prevent the chicken nuggets of the pokemon world from all being super-spicy. :p

Also, another dog-like pokemon, but a normal-type one for once; I'd like to see a pokemon that could be sort of a pet-like thing that isn't going to burn the house down or looks like it came from Hell, lol. Like some sort of nice retriever-looking thing or something. And Smeargle doesn't count. :p Plus there're enough cat-like pokemon already (all this coming from a person who likes cats more than dogs. Imagine that. :p).

Grei

not the color
Lanturn's not a dolphin. It's an angler fish.

It's a mix of the two species. Anglerfish are probably too scary for Pokemon, and Dolphins are pretty. So they mix the two to create a cute anglerfish.

Just look at the tail and body structure--it's closer to a dolphin's. But it's got the light, like an anglerfish.

Ho-oh says hi.

You aren't seriously suggesting that Ho-oh is a Peacock, are you?

Ho-oh is a Fenghuang, a Chinese phoenix. Not a peacock.

Dante Falls

Doppelgänger
I think there should be another chicken pokemon, one similar to Farfetch'd, if only to prevent the chicken nuggets of the pokemon world from all being super-spicy. :p

I thought Farfetch'd was a duck? Unless you meant similar as Normal/Flying type.

Also, another dog-like pokemon, but a normal-type one for once; I'd like to see a pokemon that could be sort of a pet-like thing that isn't going to burn the house down or looks like it came from Hell, lol. Like some sort of nice retriever-looking thing or something. And Smeargle doesn't count. :p Plus there're enough cat-like pokemon already (all this coming from a person who likes cats more than dogs. Imagine that. :p).

Snubull & Granbull are normal types, based of a bulldog, unless I'm mistaken.

edit- misread something, sorry.

Last edited:

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
I thought Farfetch'd was a duck? Unless you meant similar as Normal/Flying type.

Snubull & Granbull are normal types, based of a bulldog, unless I'm mistaken.

edit- misread something, sorry.

Yeah, I' pretty sure that what he meant, that's why I didn't point that out.
It's a mix of the two species. Anglerfish are probably too scary for Pokemon, and Dolphins are pretty. So they mix the two to create a cute anglerfish.

Just look at the tail and body structure--it's closer to a dolphin's. But it's got the light, like an anglerfish.

You aren't seriously suggesting that Ho-oh is a Peacock, are you?

Ho-oh is a Fenghuang, a Chinese phoenix. Not a peacock.
How is it a dolphin?! It lacks the snout and its tail is like that of a fish (vertical). Dolphins have horizontal tails.
Ho-oh says hi.

Ho-oh is a phoenix, as is Moltres.
Yeah, it is ironic that that tirade about more dog Pokemon came from a person who prefers cats. I also like cats, but I like dogs too. It's just that I have 2 cats.
^zigzagoon is based off a racoon

Zigzagoon is a Tanuki or raccoon dog.

BCVM22

How is it a dolphin?! It lacks the snout and its tail is like that of a fish (vertical). Dolphins have horizontal tails.

Rounded snot, rounded flippers, colored "mask" across the eyes (found on some dolphin species), smooth skin and happy disposition, none of which are typical of the angler fish or its caricatures. Do we really need to, again, bring up the fact that *gasp* Pokémon can be based on more than one real-life animal?

Has there been a boar Pokemon? I know Grumpig is a based off a pig, obviously, but what about a boar? Then again, Mamoswine is kind of a boar...

What about a squid Pokemon?

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Has there been a boar Pokemon? I know Grumpig is a based off a pig, obviously, but what about a boar? Then again, Mamoswine is kind of a boar...

What about a squid Pokemon?

Well, we sorta got a squid Pokemon with Octillery, which is technically an octopus, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.