• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suave Squirtle

Gouramis (Fish with two feelers coming out of their chest), Swans, Chinese Water Deer(Deer with saber teeth), Platypi, Tuataras, Gavial Crocodilians, Botiine Loaches (Barboach is based on the Dojo Loach, which is not closely related to the Botia loaches, Botia Loaches have blades behind their eyes), Sugar Gliders, Gars, X-ray fish, Common eels (Huntail is a gulper eel, a deep-sea fish), Fantail Doves, Capybaras, Koalas, Minks, Manatees (Dewgong is named after the dugong, a giant manatee, but it looks like a seal), Millipedes, Centipedes (Unless Giratina counts), Wood lice (Rolly-pollys), Shrimp (Unless you count Anorith, which is based upon an ancient shrimp), Barnacles, Mussels, Bird of Paradises, Sea Squirts, Sea Anemones, Man of Wars, Comb Jellies, Lemurs, Hyraxes, Tasmanian Devils, Tasmanian Tigers, Turkeys, Ants, Lungfish, Lampreys, Sturgeons, Elephantfish, Knifefish, Ropefish, Salmon, Tanukis, Mudpuppies, Carnivorous Caterpillars (Eupithecia, attacks like a knife coming down onto a surface), Wolly Bears, Flying Fish, Dolphins (Lantern is part Angler, part Porpoise), Sea Turtles, and Conches to name a few.

Tbone

The Stantler Hoarder
They should do an antelope esc pokemon. Also elephant? :D

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
They should do an antelope esc pokemon. Also elephant? :D
Phanpy family
Gouramis (Fish with two feelers coming out of their chest), Swans, Chinese Water Deer(Deer with saber teeth), Platypi, Tuataras, Gavial Crocodilians, Botiine Loaches (Barboach is based on the Dojo Loach, which is not closely related to the Botia loaches, Botia Loaches have blades behind their eyes), Sugar Gliders, Gars, X-ray fish, Common eels (Huntail is a gulper eel, a deep-sea fish), Fantail Doves, Capybaras, Koalas, Minks, Manatees (Dewgong is named after the dugong, a giant manatee, but it looks like a seal), Millipedes, Centipedes (Unless Giratina counts), Wood lice (Rolly-pollys), Shrimp (Unless you count Anorith, which is based upon an ancient shrimp), Barnacles, Mussels, Bird of Paradises, Sea Squirts, Sea Anemones, Man of Wars, Comb Jellies, Lemurs, Hyraxes, Tasmanian Devils, Tasmanian Tigers, Turkeys, Ants, Lungfish, Lampreys, Sturgeons, Elephantfish, Knifefish, Ropefish, Salmon, Tanukis, Mudpuppies, Carnivorous Caterpillars (Eupithecia, attacks like a knife coming down onto a surface), Wolly Bears, Flying Fish, Dolphins (Lantern is part Angler, part Porpoise), Sea Turtles, and Conches to name a few.
Swan: Cresselia
Anorith: Anomalocaris, not an ancient shrimp
Sea turtle: Lapras, Squirtle family (to an extent)
Tanuki: Zigzagoon
Lantern: Just angler fish
Platypus: Psyduck
Rounded snot, rounded flippers, colored "mask" across the eyes (found on some dolphin species), smooth skin and happy disposition, none of which are typical of the angler fish or its caricatures. Do we really need to, again, bring up the fact that *gasp* Pokémon can be based on more than one real-life animal?

Well, they obviously had to make the angler fish less "creepy," and by doing so, they unintentionally made some confused people think it's a dolphin.

BCVM22

And heeeeere we go...

At what point do you upgrade your internal firmware and remove all of these incorrect and archaic ideas to which you cling?

shaymin

Pikamon
Leopards and other felines such as jaquars tigers and lions

mibler

Phanpy family

Swan: Cresselia
Anorith: Anomalocaris, not an ancient shrimp
Sea turtle: Lapras, Squirtle family (to an extent)
Tanuki: Zigzagoon
Lantern: Just angler fish
Platypus: Psyduck

Well, they obviously had to make the angler fish less "creepy," and by doing so, they unintentionally made some confused people think it's a dolphin.

Lapras is a sea turtle? I thought it was a happy plesiosaur/Loch ness monster with a shell....its shell isn't anything like a sea turtles either....and squirtle's family are land turtles, they have regular feet

And why would they need to make an angler fish less creepy they have baloons that steal souls, and a little dead girl (from the Chateau), but they cant have a "creepy" looking fish?

anyways:
Sturgeon, Camel Spider,and is there a possom??

BCVM22

Lapras is most certainly not a sea turtle. I can't imagine who could possibly have perceptions skewed enough to make that case.

Luke the Almighty

Kickin' Gastly
And why would they need to make an angler fish less creepy they have baloons that steal souls, and a little dead girl (from the Chateau), but they cant have a "creepy" looking fish?

It's not so much the "need" for a cute-looking angler fish, but more of how things work in the design process. It's certainly not based off of a dolphin, that's for sure though. >_>

Last edited:
The Galagos, or bush baby. Galagos means 'little night monkey' in an African dialect, so it would make a great dark/normal type. What do you guys think?

Name: Galagos
Type: Bush Baby
Element: Dark/Normal
Height: 1 ft
Weight: 5kg
Techniques: Scratch, Tail Whip, Tackle, Pound
Other Techniques: Slash, Bite, Shadow Ball, Night Shade, Rollout, Mean Look

I might actually draw up this Pokemon and put it on my DeviantArt page (which I just joined), I'll try scan it on tonight. http://vanessalovesyum.deviantart.com/
Love you all ^_^ ;078;

smokethehedghog

shiny master
I'll name all of the non-animal pokemon yet:
lion
worm
coyote
kangaroo
iguana
zebra
unicorn
eagle
wolverine
ant
baboon
dragon
jackel

Luke the Almighty

Kickin' Gastly
Based on a dolphin? No. Dolphin-like characteristics? Yes.

This I can agree on. But it's not similar enough to a dolphin to nix that option entirely in my opinion. And even if it was, was that ever enough to stop them from making another? I'm looking at you, Minun/Plusle.

col_serra

<------ is hot!
This I can agree on. But it's not similar enough to a dolphin to nix that option entirely in my opinion. And even if it was, was that ever enough to stop them from making another? I'm looking at you, Minun/Plusle.

i smell fake evo

Status
Not open for further replies.