• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porygandrew

THIS IS NOT AN ORIGINS THREAD!!

*cough*

Anywho, I'd love to see a split-evolution eevee-like pokemon that has 8 alternate evolutions based on the 8 fundamental virtues of Confucianism:
* kō (孝) - filial piety; devotion
* gi (義) - duty and obligation, but it can also be translated as righteousness
* chū (忠) - loyalty
* shin (信) - faith
* tei (悌) - brotherhood; brotherly affection
* jin (仁) - sympathy and benevolence, but note that, according to Confucianism, "jin" is also the greatest and most perfect virtue of all. It should come as no surprise that the bearer of this bead also happens to be the most powerful warrior of the eight.
* chi (知) - wisdom
* rei (礼) - courtesy, but this can also be translated as proper form, i.e. an extensive knowledge and proper observation of tradition and manners

Dante Falls

Doppelgänger

Well, if we're going to be thinking of animals that aren't Pokémon yet, we're going to need to work out which animals are Pokémon already, so it pretty much goes hand in hand.

Anywho, I'd love to see a split-evolution eevee-like pokemon that has 8 alternate evolutions based on the 8 fundamental virtues of Confucianism:
* chū (忠) - loyalty
* shin (信) - faith
* jin (仁) - sympathy and benevolence, but note that, according to Confucianism, "jin" is also the greatest and most perfect virtue of all. It should come as no surprise that the bearer of this bead also happens to be the most powerful warrior of the eight.
* chi (知) - wisdom
* rei (礼) - courtesy, but this can also be translated as proper form, i.e. an extensive knowledge and proper observation of tradition and manners

Nice idea, but how practical would it be to make? How would the appearance, movepools, abilities and typing represent "brotherhood" for instance?

LoneStarAkira

+1 cookie for troll
Why don't you read bulbapedia's article on tyranitar before saying it is a t-rex. Bulbapedia states that it is vaguely based of Godzilla, and before you say that it is based off of t-rex, bulbapedia states that it's behavior pattern, being violent, was the only thing from a t-rex, used in tyranitar...also show us a picture of a t-rex with armor plating and a spiked tail as well as longer, functional arms
It's no use; he's not going to budge. He'll either reply with a "I'm right you're wrong" comment or "agree to disagree" to hide the fact that he lost the argument.

This thread is suited as an origins thread, too. Obviously if people are stating which animals haven't become Pokemon yet, we have to make sure that they really haven't become Pokemon yet, hence the debates over origins.

There aren't that many Pokemon that are based off of animals native to certain countries. Not because I'm a New Zealander (since these guys are well-known to alot of non-NZ'ders), but they haven't made pure kiwis, tuataras and pukekos (pretty much the trademark animals of New Zealand). From other countries, animals such as the frilled neck lizard, cassowary, takin and secretarybird, all of which are either well-known or important in their country, would make decent Pokemon, too.

Last edited:

Chaos Werewolf

Fairy trainer
It's no use; he's not going to budge. He'll either reply with a "I'm right you're wrong" comment or "agree to disagree" to hide the fact that he lost the argument.

This thread is suited as an origins thread, too. Obviously if people are stating which animals haven't become Pokemon yet, we have to make sure that they really haven't become Pokemon yet, hence the debates over origins.

There aren't that many Pokemon that are based off of animals native to certain countries. Not because I'm a New Zealander (since these guys are well-known to alot of non-NZ'ders), but they haven't made pure kiwis, tuataras and pukekos (pretty much the trademark animals of New Zealand). From other countries, animals such as the frilled neck lizard, cassowary, takin and secretarybird, all of which are either well-known or important in their country, would make decent Pokemon, too.

I would love to see all of them

As well as a bald eagle! :D

Yes that could be a great Pokemon.

Last edited:

JohnLee

A Ram?
Sort of like a male version of mareep.

An Armadillo?
Most of you will probably say sandshrew, but I don't really think that it's an armadillo. It's even called the mouse pokemon.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
A Ram?
QUOTE]

Like this Ram Pokemon I this this is one of the best Fakemon I have seen even if it is a light type.
Yeah, a Golden Fleece Pokemon would be cool.
A Ram?

An Armadillo?
Most of you will probably say sandshrew, but I don't really think that it's an armadillo. It's even called the mouse pokemon.
PokeDex classification means nothing. Remember, the PokeDex calls Weedle a "Hairy Bug" Pokemon. And Anorith is the "Old Shrimp" Pokemon, but it's based on an anomalocaris.

*cough*

* chū (忠) - loyalty
* shin (信) - faith
* chi (知) - wisdom
Those would probably be better as Legendaries.
Thats would be Godzilla

We need more Dinosaurs

T.Rex = Tyranitar. Is up for debate they can definitely to somthing thats more T.Rex Like.

Pterodactyl = Aerodactyl duh.

Stegosaurus = Steel type mighty galore

Apatosaurus = Electric Ground type

Trisaratops = Rock sweeper
Actually, we have a huge amount of Apatosaurs.
1. Chikorita
2. Bayleef
3. Meganium
4. Tropius
Why don't you read bulbapedia's article on tyranitar before saying it is a t-rex. Bulbapedia states that it is vaguely based of Godzilla, and before you say that it is based off of t-rex, bulbapedia states that it's behavior pattern, being violent, was the only thing from a t-rex, used in tyranitar...also show us a picture of a t-rex with armor plating and a spiked tail as well as longer, functional arms
Because you can't always believe everything you read.
Think the millipede and peacock ideas sound good. The millipede could evolve into a centipede (not a very original idea I know but it fits).

Also though there should be a dolphin Pokemon, would imagine Misty with one.

And why is everyone arguing about stuff like whether Glalie is a rice ball (which it blatantly isnt) or a hockey mask. It doesnt really seem to fit with the thread
Actually, Giratina is a type of centipede that appears in Japanese folklore, but I'm guessing you mean a garden-variety centipede.
You run out of arguments to defend your dumb, unfounded and unlogical claims?

Just answer the freaking question. Why do you think the 3 similarities with T.rex are more important? Those are only the MINOR similarities.

Also, WHY do you think doduo is based on a kiwi when they have nothing in common? You realize that a pokemon has to look like an animal for it to be based on the animal?

So WHY do you think similarties and differenced have nothing to do with what a pokemon is based on? WHY do you ignore all the differences between Kiwis and Doduo and the similarities with Godzilla and Tyranitar?
I said agree to disagree.

Chaos Werewolf

Fairy trainer
Actually, we have a huge amount of Apatosaurus.
1. Chikorita
2. Bayleef
3. Meganium
4. Tropius

OK there Sauropods but I want one thats colossal. A Pokemon that is the biggest land Pokemon ever with high stats expect for speed.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Yay I'm back!

OK there Sauropods but I want one thats colossal. A Pokemon that is the biggest land Pokemon ever with high stats expect for speed.

I agree. I'd actually like for Tropius to evolve into something like that, but I could see a Grass Legendary that was a huge sauropod. Possibly a Sauroposiedon or something that size.

I'd also still like a Normal/Fighting Giant Panda. Perhaps Spinda could evolve into it since he is a Red Panda.

A flying fish would be interesting too. I don't mean a Flying/Water type (although that would be its typing) I mean based off the flying fish. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_fish
It would need to learn fly in its level up, much like Salamence and Rayquaza.

-;248;

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
You can't disagree with facts.

You may think it's fact, but I don't, so we would agree to disagree.

How about a Rock/Fighting type caveman?
"Treico: So easy, a Cavemon could do it!"

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Note: Agree to disagree means "I'm a p*ssy, I lost, you won."

Speaking of sea slug, BCVM22, http://content.usatoday.com/communi...sea-slug-found-to-be-half-plant-half-animal/1 would be a very cool water/grass type.
Not necessarily. And nobody won, but nobody lost. That's the point of agreeing to disagree.
I think it's been proven any number of times that you have as much of a grasp on the concept of "fact" as a sea slug does on the concept of "dry land."
Shellos is found on land. In several places.

How about a whale that's basically a similar concept to Hippopotas? You know, swimming in sand instead of water.

cascade88

< go ask alice >
I don't think there's a tiger Pokemon yet. Unless there OBVIOUSLY is and my mind's just overlooking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.