• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguinist Trainer

I know I'm stating the obvious but how about Poochyena and Mightyena....

I know they look like dogs, but they do bear resemblance to the striped hyena which is probably where they derive their name.

ArceusBlitz

Hydreigon FTW!!!!!!!
Come to think of it, are there any Pokémon based on a Dhole (which is a species of jungle dog)?

Actually, Chatot is a parrot. Or do you want one that can't talk?

I meant like a parrot that looks like a real parrot. You know the red, blue, or yellow colors of parrots? Or maybe the green or blue kinds?

Silver_Seoul

I meant like a parrot that looks like a real parrot. You know the red, blue, or yellow colors of parrots? Or maybe the green or blue kinds?

You're thinking of the Macaw, I believe?

Anywho, Dingo/Koala please.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
How would they do a Thylacine? It's CALLED the Tasmanian Tiger, but it's actually a marsupial. Extinct by the way~

There needs to be a red panda Pokémon. That fake starter based on the Water silhouette was a bit creepy-looking, but it had the right idea.

There needs to be a red panda Pokémon. That fake starter based on the Water silhouette was a bit creepy-looking, but it had the right idea.

9dragonbreed

Arukate Énigme
I was thinking maybe a wallabie and kangaroo. Kangaskhan is a kangaroo but i want to have one that resembles it more. Then have a dolphin and orca. Also, pokemon should have more birds. Like a flamingo and crane and stork. Also i haven't seen a pokemon that sort of resembles a ram/goat. More monkeys like a gibbon or gorialla. And more insects would be nice like beetles. A meerkat pokemon would be nice. And different bears.... polar bear

brit-angel

Dance Chimmy dance!
They've probably already been said, but what about an ant or a fire ant. The ant could be dark/bug and fire ant could be fire/bug. Also, I still want to see a polar bear pokemon and a koala!

9dragonbreed

Arukate Énigme
I do too.
Anyway, i was just spriting and saw (hippo)potas and said "if they have a hippo, y not a rhino?" Also maybe a porcupine, hedgehog (most likey said already), anteater (if they have ants there has to be something to help control their population), and more farm like animlas. Kimono dragon. Lizards of all sorts. A ballon is a non-living thing so maybe a hard candy pokemon or cotton candy. (it is really hard to come up with a good idea for a pokemon using non-living things.) A Harpy. And maybe a shuttle like pokemon

I do too.
Anyway, i was just spriting and saw (hippo)potas and said "if they have a hippo, y not a 1. rhino?" Also maybe a porcupine, 2. hedgehog (most likey said already), anteater (if they have ants there has to be something to help control their population), and more farm like animlas. Kimono dragon. 3. Lizards of all sorts. A ballon is a non-living thing so maybe a 4. hard candy pokemon or cotton candy. (it is really hard to come up with a good idea for a pokemon using non-living things.) A Harpy. And maybe a 5. shuttle like pokemon

1. Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Rhyperior.

2. Shaymin.

3. Charmander line.

4. Super effective against Snorlax.

5. Shuttlemon. Not feelin it.

PaleoPhoenix

Protector of Nature
Don't know if these have been said:
Starfish
Sea Urchin
Yak
Dolphin
Stingray (not manta ray)
a better spider, maybe a non-evolving black widow type.

ianflowforever

Coordinator Plus
3. Charmander line.
Charmander is a salamander.

By the way, if anyone has said parrot or quail, well, natu was the original parrot/quail pokemon, but people mainly recognize chatot as the parrot (more like an african grey parrot).

I had a few animals ideas of ones not pokemon, but I forgot them, I may remember them later.

Oh, and people, this is animals, not inanimate objects.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
Charmander is a salamander.

Oh, and people, this is animals, not inanimate objects.
Charmander is the other kind of salamander. The mythological one. The fire-breathing lizard that lives in fire.
Oh, and we can also suggest inanimate objects, plants, protists, fungi, bacteria, archea, mythological creatures, cryptids, etc.
Don't know if these have been said:
Starfish
Yak
Starfish: Staryu line.
Yak: Partially Camerupt, there's only a little yak in it. It's mostly Bactrian Camel
3. Charmander line.
Well, I think he meant more unique kinds of lizards. We undeniably have loads of lizards, but I'd personally like to see a shingleback, a thorny devil, and a Komodo Dragon.
No we had no pigs in 2nd gen you must mean 3rd gen with spoink and grumpig.
Swinub family. Then in 3rd gen we got the Spoink family, then in 4th gen we got Mamoswine: pig+mammoth=win.
I do too.
Anyway, i was just spriting and saw (hippo)potas and said "if they have a hippo, y not a rhino?" Also maybe a porcupine, hedgehog (most likey said already), anteater (if they have ants there has to be something to help control their population), and more farm like animlas. Kimono dragon. Lizards of all sorts. A ballon is a non-living thing so maybe a hard candy pokemon or cotton candy. (it is really hard to come up with a good idea for a pokemon using non-living things.) A Harpy. And maybe a shuttle like pokemon
Rhino: Rhyhorn family
Balloon: Drifloon family
Hedgehog: Shaymin
Porcupine: I say Sandslash partially, but nobody agrees...
BTW, what's a "kimono dragon?" Is it a dragon wearing a kimono?
I was thinking maybe a wallabie and kangaroo. Kangaskhan is a kangaroo but i want to have one that resembles it more. Then have a dolphin and orca. Also, pokemon should have more birds. Like a flamingo and crane and stork. Also i haven't seen a pokemon that sort of resembles a ram/goat. More monkeys like a gibbon or gorialla. And more insects would be nice like beetles. A meerkat pokemon would be nice. And different bears.... polar bear
Kangaroo that looks more like one: Breloom
Orca: Kyogre
Beetles: Ledyba family, Heracross, Pinsir, Kricketune
Gibbons and gorillas aren't monkeys, they're apes.
Spinda is sort of a bipedal red panda. Although, if you ask me, the redness is more because it's supposed to look drunk.
Do we have any Hyenas?
Poochyena family.
That is not a generic mammalian tail, dipstick. It'd be a lot longer than that if it were. Just because you don't want it to be a duck doesn't mean you can be retarded about it. It doesn't have a platypus tail, it has a duck tail. It stands on two legs, it's yellow, it has a beak. Sounds at least part duck to me.
Well, it may not be a generic MAMMALIAN tail, moron, but it is a generic tail. And LOOK AT THE TAIL OF THIS PLATYPUS:
http://treephort.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/platypus.jpg

Maybe a dust bunny that evolves into a dust kitty?

Josiah

is your favorite
Well, it may not be a generic MAMMALIAN tail, moron, but it is a generic tail. And LOOK AT THE TAIL OF THIS PLATYPUS:
http://treephort.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/platypus.jpg
Too bad you specifically said mammalian. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Platypus.jpg
Here's a less slanted picture, showing that it's more rounded than you attempted to make it look. By the way, showing all fours pictures of Psyduck from a non-GameFreak game doesn't help your case. Every single sprite of Psyduck has shown it to be bipedal. The difference between Psyduck being bipedal and Heracross being bipedal is that making a beetle bipedal doesn't cause any mix ups with naturally bipedal animals.

Now, I've checked Bulbapedia, and none of the Pokedex entries ever mention fur or feathers. Provide me a reference if you're so keen on insisting it has fur. Because to me, it looks covered in yellow duck down with three adult feathers growing in on the top of its head.

EDIT: Here's other duck features of Psyduck.
-Nostrils on far back of the snout, rather than the front.
-The two parts of the mouth are about equal size, each moving to seperate. Platypuses mouths open under their bill and are more of a small flap on the back than an equal sized part.
-Feet that are a different color than the arms, suggesting one part is featherless and the other feathered. Platypus feet and hands are all lacking in hair, especially the hands.

Really, if GameFreak was intending this to be purely platypus, they did a terrible job.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.