• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
WHAT ABOUT A CAT POKEMON!?
-Wolf (Mightyena is not a wolf, it is a hyena.)
Cat: Too many to list
Wolf: Suicune, Manectric

Maybe a narwhal? Or perhaps a legendary trio based on Zeus (Electric/Flying), Poseidon (Water/Ground), and Hades (Dark/Ghost, Dark/Fire, or Fire/Ghost, maybe?)? We may already have Pokemon that conceptually are similar, but I'd like a trio of them.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
I still reckon (may be from an old thread MONTHS ago which exact title escapes me, was a type Combos one, anyway, someone said,) a living ball of Fire. Would definitely be Fire/Ghost.

Not an animal, but meh...

JJDalts

Tobi is a good boy!
Or perhaps a legendary trio based on Zeus (Electric/Flying), Poseidon (Water/Ground), and Hades (Dark/Ghost, Dark/Fire, or Fire/Ghost, maybe?)? We may already have Pokemon that conceptually are similar, but I'd like a trio of them.

I LOVE that idea!

Although I don't think a Dark/Ghost legendary would work, because legendaries have good stats, and it would be too broken if it didn't have a weakness. The other two types combos would be good though.

Porygandrew

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
I guess Kojofuu and its evolution Konjodo are designed after ermines. They know kung-fu.

I thought they were ferrets. Oh, well. Ferrets are quite similar to ermines, so whatever.
I'd like a Mongolian Death Worm Pokemon. Ground/Bug, Ground/Dragon, or Dragon/Bug, maybe?

Super Gullwing

Team Skull Mom
I was really hoping for a hummingbird Pokemon for this generaion.
That's definitely an animal I want to see as a Pokemon...=)

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
Pretty sure people ignored it because it was nonsensical. Blobfish are animals. And while science certainly does find new species every day, I'm pretty sure blobfish were known to zoologists in the early part of this decade when Ruby and Sapphire were in development.

Generally, son, if no one replies to your post, it was because they saw it and had nothing to say to it. It's completely unnecessary to quote your own post for the sole purpose of saying "NOTICE ME PLEASE".

Uh, sorry. I only pointed it out again because I just wanted that question to be answered. Also the ditto thing. Last thing, uh, son? I'm a girl...

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
I was really hoping for a hummingbird Pokemon for this generaion.
That's definitely an animal I want to see as a Pokemon...=)

Altaria. Also, Zapdos' bill reminds me of that of a hummingbird.
Perhaps a tsetse fly Pokemon?

RedMage23

The Red Mage
I want a Koala or Panda based Pokemon.

Last edited:
Altaria. Also, Zapdos' bill reminds me of that of a hummingbird.
Perhaps a tsetse fly Pokemon?

Altaria is the humming Pokemon because it sings. Humming birds hum from how fast they zip around.

Also, Bulbapedia might not always be correct, but I'd say this is:
Altaria is likely based on Peng, Chinese legendary birds of enormous size, said to travel 3000 li in one flap of their mighty, cloud-like wings. They're often portrayed as having a dragon's head and whiskers.

Lots of birds have thin, wiry beaks. Doesn't mean Zapdos is anything like a hummingbird. He's a First Peoples Thunderbird.

Speaking of birds, we need Frigatebird, Toucan, Cockatiel/cockatoo and Albatross Pokemon.

Triforce007

Dolphin pokemon, a big elephant pokemon, donphan is too small, it should evolve(mamoswine is a mammoth). hummingbird would be cool, and manatee. I got a polar bear pokemon this generation so im uber happy.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
A ninja that is a fighting-ghost would be awesome.

Also a special trio where fire-water-grass combos. Fire-water could be something yin-yang related, grass-fire could be a burning bush, and water-grass seaweed. (ok maybe not exactly the creatures but the idea of the three types.)

I would think a ninja would be fighting/dark typing.

If Isshu is America, where's our Turkey Pokemon!? (Or Donkey for that matter). Heck, there could be farmers that have a hen/rooster combo, or more farm-animals.

I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but there's Ninjask and a new Ninja now.

I agree that we need a turkey, a donkey and a real goat. That's all we're lacking in the farm department, I think.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD

If Isshu is America, where's our Turkey Pokemon!? (Or Donkey for that matter). Heck, there could be farmers that have a hen/rooster combo, or more farm-animals.

A ninja could be dark or ghost; I guess i'll let the japanese decide which is more accurate(but there hasnt been a ghost-fighting yet)

In they US a blue donkey and red elephant would be a good idea

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD

A ninja could be dark or ghost; I guess i'll let the japanese decide which is more accurate(but there hasnt been a ghost-fighting yet)

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD

Status
Not open for further replies.