• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokémon yet v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCVM22

Still, I believe that Gligar is a scorpionfly.

That works in theory, but in practice, there doesn't seem to be anything particularly insect-like about Gligar and Gliscor, particularly since neither has an insect count of legs and the wings of both are the stretched-membrane wings of a bat rather than the little buggy crispy wings of flying insects. If anything, it's a scorpion/bat hybrid.

m190049

Local psychopath
I thought that the Gligar line was a scorpionfly. The fact that it is in the Bug breeding group (not Bug type) seems to support that. Then again, Zubat is in the Flying breeding group with the rest of the birds, and we know that bats are not birds.

Still, I believe that Gligar is a scorpionfly.

Gligar is just some sort of demonic mix between a Scorpion (note that Scorpions are arachnids), a Gargoyle, and a Vampire Bat . Gliscor than takes "vampire bat" literally and makes it actually look somewhat like a vampire.
That's really are there is to it...

It really doesn't look much like a scorpionfly...

[IMG300]http://www.scottcamazine.com/photos/insects/images/scorpionflyMale_jpg.jpg[/IMG300][IMG200]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6355/gligarx.png[/IMG200][IMG200]http://asab.icapb.ed.ac.uk/exercises/alevel/images/scorpion.gif[/IMG200]
Most recent Sugimori art ftw.

Last edited:

m190049

Local psychopath
and a Tortoise
Are you serious? Pokemon number nine. =/

[IMG200]http://spot.colorado.edu/~humphrey/fact%20sheets/tortoise_galapagos/images/tortoise_photo.jpg[/IMG200][IMG200]http://www.legendarypokemon.net/images/dp_artwork/9.png[/IMG200]

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
I know we have enough bugs but more unique insect/arachnids would be cool. Some ideas I had where Roach, Scarab, Stick-bug, Wood Louse (I think its a crustacean actually)/AKA pill bug, Centipede/Millipede, Tarantula (ariados is more a common spider), Ant (trapinch could get a split evo, but I was thinking something more like bug/fire or bug/ground and have a "queen" evovled form), Mosquito, Horsefly, earwig, Weevil, Bombardier beetle (really surprised they haven't done this yet), and Tick or flea. We have enough Moths/butterflies.

There are many prehistoric animals that would make good pokemon. Dinosaurs obviously are the most diversse, but would end up being rock since they are fossils. A Raptor or some kind of Therapod that was Dragon/Rock would be awesome. Tyranitar is more Godzilla based, Sceptile is a Gecko, and Rampardos is a Pachycephalosaurus..which isn't a therapod..so yeah it hasn't really been done yet. Terror Birds are also really cool.

A Bird of Paradise would be awesome. Cappibarra would be neat. Cassowary would be cool. Koala bear is needed. a regular panda and not a drunk one is needed..Maybe Spinda can evovle..cause it needs too. A wolverine would also be really neat.

No more fish.. we have enough.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Due to the lack of 8 legs... Technically, Ariados is NOT a spider. It'd be classified as an insect imitating a spider. Pokemon lacks any actual arachnid.
We have Pokemon based on them, but none are actually arachnids themselves.
Isn't Drapion supposed to be a scorpion? Even though I think It looks like a possessed accordion. Scorpions are arachnids. Spinirak and Ariados are the closest thing we have to a spider. I just consider them spiders due to the whole learning Spider Web thing.

Isn't Godzilla based on a Tyrannosaurus Rex in the first place? =/
Godzilla is based off of what dinosaurs where thought to look like in the 50s. Plus he is a mix of Tyrannosaurus, Stegosaurus and Iguanadon. He's a mutated dino basically. I'd like a dino pokemon more like how Rampardos looks, just a carnivore. More or less like this..
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/Tyrannotaur/allosauruspic.jpg
With the same kinda posture and all that. Just more like a Pokemon. I love Tyranitar but I don't really consider him a dinosaur.

Mrmagius

~Deity of Valleity~
Pumpkins haven't been turned into pokemon yet, have they? It could be like a jacko-lanturn pokemon...

siphonophores ftw

katfairy

Moose, loon, and Maine Coon Cats.

Yes, I'm considering Maine Coon Cats as being different from regular housecats. The average MCC is easily twice as big as the average domestic cat, and there are certain physiological differences as well. Besides, all the cat Pokemon so far are shorthaired; we need a big ol' fuzzball kitty Pokemon.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Pumpkins haven't been turned into pokemon yet, have they? It could be like a jacko-lanturn pokemon...

siphonophores ftw

Awesome Idea.

Spinda should evolve into a Giant Panda. Spinda is pretty awful right now as it is. We also don't have a giant panda yet. I think Spinda is a red panda. Snorlax is kinda a giant panda..but not really. We can call it Dizzily. And it shall be awesome.

I also had an idea for a Electric Cockatiel, since they have those Pikachu cheeks. Could be a two or three tier evolution even. We need more Electric birds. Shockatiel FTW

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
I don't really think Ariados is an insect imitating a spider simply because it doesn't have 8 legs. Alot of Pokemon aren't perfectly accurate to their basis. :/

That's like saying Arbok isn't supposed to be a cobra because it has eyelids, or that Pinsir isn't a stag beetle because it doesn't have six legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.