• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animals that aren't Pokemon yet V2

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I keep forgetting about Parasect's unfortunate twist, yes it's a zombie. But I'm thinking anthropomorphically, or at least in the Amorphous group somehow.

@ Captain Jigglypuff

Psyduck and Golduck say hi. Both are more platypus than "duck", and even Golduck is more platypus than kappa. They just don't have any Poison Sting type moves, for some weird reason. :/

The tragedy of Parasect is that being a zombie isn't the worst interpretation you can get from the mushroom

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Speaking of fungi... I think a jackalope could make a pretty neat pokémon, now wouldn't it? And it could even be given a reference to the actual fungal infection which makes actual rabbits and hares look like them and make it grass/normal in a sawsbuck meets parasect kind of way. Or maybe even tie it straight to parasect and make it a harelike pokémon which evolves when in a party with parasect a la mantyke and catch the fungus from it.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I think that there should be a blue ringed octopus. Octillery could be perfect to get an Alolan form and become part Poison. The octopus needs to look vivid in color yet look deceivingly harmless.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I feel they should have a fully-fledged platypus Pokemon by now. Yeah I know about Psyduck, but its platypiness is ambiguous and its more a duck. Given only males have poisonous spurs you could do something where different genders have different type combinations

octoboy

I Crush Everything
I feel they should have a fully-fledged platypus Pokemon by now. Yeah I know about Psyduck, but its platypiness is ambiguous and its more a duck. Given only males have poisonous spurs you could do something where different genders have different type combinations
Making at least one of them electric type would be a pretty neat concept considering platypus's electrosensoring capabilities.

AlolaSherwood

Lost Wayfinder
I'd just love to see a more proper Crocodilian Pokémon. Krookodile and the pre-volutions and the Totodile line are all fine and dandy, but a big heavy quadrupedal Pokémon with the features is something I'd really like to see. Instead of the whole bi-ped thing.

Maybe make it Water/Rock... Weird match-up, but eh.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Usurper
I'd just love to see a more proper Crocodilian Pokémon. Krookodile and the pre-volutions and the Totodile line are all fine and dandy, but a big heavy quadrupedal Pokémon with the features is something I'd really like to see. Instead of the whole bi-ped thing.

Maybe make it Water/Rock... Weird match-up, but eh.

Maybe a fossil? That would be cool!

Shadow_Lugia_XD001

Guess who's back
Does Buzzwole count as a centaur? Because I want a centaur pokemon but the weird anatomy of that Pokémon doesn't cut it for me.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Does Buzzwole count as a centaur? Because I want a centaur pokemon but the weird anatomy of that Pokémon doesn't cut it for me.

Buzzwole is more of a fly/mosquito hybrid. I'd love to see a sea urchin and a sea snake. They would have been perfect for Sun and Moon.

DracosWulfgar

what ever........
Buzzwole is more of a fly/mosquito hybrid. I'd love to see a sea urchin and a sea snake. They would have been perfect for Sun and Moon.
I thought that Marinae and Toxapex were sea urchins.( please escuse me if I have spelled their names wrong)

MechanisticMoth

Eloquent Speaker
I thought that Marinae and Toxapex were sea urchins.( please escuse me if I have spelled their names wrong)

I think they're supposed to be based after crown-of-thorns starfish. Kind of similar but not by much.
A proper urchin would be cool, but the design would have to be really memorable because a regular urchin is kind of boring.

Cat's Eye Draco

Wouldn't Gyarados kind of count as a sea snake? I mean, it's primarily based off of a sea serpent/Chinese dragon, but it has a few snake-like features. So does Milotic, to a lesser extent.

RedJirachi

Veteran member

We do have starfish and a sea cucumber, so that echinoderm isn't out of left field. Though it may feel too similar to the Mareanie line

It'd be interesting if we had a Portugese Man of War. You could make it a dirty fighter that's Poison/Fighting, playing on the man o war pun

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Tentacruel is based on a man o war. I'd love to see a colorful clown fish that is paired with a sea anemone and the fish has to evolved with anemone in the party and vice versa. And make the clown fish a brightly colored tropical fish and not some weird humanoid fish clip us clown hybrid. We all know GF could go that route.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..

If we get a Mega Evolution for Scolipede, I hope they make its mandibles large enough to look like arms. It's already pretty torso + horse-ish. We do have Drapion already with pincer arms on its mandibles, though.

Really, they need to make an ability called Centaurian that grants its users a 50% bump to their Fighting-type moves. Or Steel-type moves, or both! That's probably overkill.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Tentacruel is based on a man o war. I'd love to see a colorful clown fish that is paired with a sea anemone and the fish has to evolved with anemone in the party and vice versa. And make the clown fish a brightly colored tropical fish and not some weird humanoid fish clip us clown hybrid. We all know GF could go that route.

Really? I thought it was a jellyfish

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Really? I thought it was a jellyfish
Yeah, I'm not so sure how tentacruel can constitute as a man of war rather than a jellyfish apart from the perception that a Portuguese man o' war is just a scaled-up jellyfish (a man o' war is a different kind of animal).

I mean, I guess it was named after one in the beta game, but if that's justification for it being an actual Portuguese man of war pokémon, then gyarados can be considered a kraken pokémon, considering its beta name.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I just realize we don't have a swordfish pokémon. Closest would be Tapu Fini but still...

RedJirachi

Veteran member
As mentioned, a velvet worm would be an interesting Pokemon.