• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animaniacs Reboot Discussion

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I wanted to make a discussion thread for the new Animaniacs series. While I don’t think it’s perfect, it captures most of the spirit of the original series. I’m just hoping that for future seasons, they’ll bring back more older characters & the original crew like Tom Reuger & Sheri Stoner

I’d still like to see what everyone else’s thoughts on the reboot, what they like about it, & what changes they’d like to see for future seasons.

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I liked the show, but I hope it evolves outside of just the Warner Bros. area. There are some skits that do that, but I want more settings.

Other than that, I really enjoyed what I saw. It's basically what I liked about it back in the 90's.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Its hilarious and pretty much the same as the original 90s series.

I consider it a continuation instead of a reboot.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Wish they'd bring back Good Idea, Bad Idea.

Got to see the first episode and liked it. Hoping that they bring it out on dvd so I can catch up on the rest of it.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i wasnt the biggest fan of the Animaniacs back in the day but it was good and funny. the Looney toons series got most of my attention. that being said, i love the reboot of the Animaniacs. its funny, relevant and brutally honest.

im still dissappointed Dot didnt do a mahou shoujo transformation and have it interrupted for a KO by the opponent in the anime skit... still drawing out the weapons takes way too much time and they nailed that joke.

i dont really have much of an opinion of the Looney toons reboot, the drawing style is too crisp and the jokes tamed down...

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I love the reboot and it is just as good as the original. I especially like Pinky and the Brain and how Brain managed to create the internet/smartphone obsessed present. He technically succeeded in taking over the world given he is responsible for tablets and smartphones. I also liked how Walter Grubb reacted to the book he was reading insulted him. The one character I really want to see in the next season is Slappy with Skippy who is now a typical millennial young adult and Slappy figuring out new ways to use drones to slap and attack her enemies. Also the main plot of her story is she decided to come out of retirement to make a very successful comeback after seeing every other show from the past to do the same. And Skippy is now cynical and trying to be extremely politically correct which irritates Slappy to the point she whacks him with her purse on a drone and tells him to get a sense of humor.

Last edited:

The Mega Champion

I'm intrigued by it and want to give it a try.

But I already have Funimation & Netflix and I'm not about to cough up more money for another streaming service I'll more than likely literally only use for one thing.

I guess that means I miss out. :(

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*

But I already have Funimation & Netflix and I'm not about to cough up more money for another streaming service I'll more than likely literally only use for one thing.

Hulu does a free month trial.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

gotta love the new generation of TV... so many platforms and they all have their exclusive content...

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I also liked how Walter Grubb reacted to the book he was reading insulted him.
You mean Chicken Boo? lol
Yeah, I loved that scene just as much as the big reveal. The best part was when he started reading the book & it called him “a poor man’s Elmer Fudd.”

If they bring back any of the older characters, I’m hoping they include Slappy Squirrel & the Goodfeathers since they were my favorite skits in the original series

nel3

Crimson Dragon
that poor man Elmer Fudd was hilarious. i beleive they are doing a Simpsons thing also with the OP.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
My idea for a new Slappy and Skippy segment is Skippy is now taller than Slappy and has a goatee and hipster glasses and always is seen using a smartphone or tablet with a look of disinterest most of the time. Slappy says something not exactly PC or with the times like calling Beanie the Brain Dead Bison brain dead and Skippy says in a bored voice, “Can’t say Brain Dead as it is offensive to those in coma” to which Slappy pushes a button and a drone flies in and whacks Skippy very hard with her purse. Slappy then comments how much easier it is to hit everyone with stuff using modern technology. She then asks, “What happened to the little squirrel that used to love pushing everyone’s buttons?” or something similar.

WildHennaCharizard

I enjoyed the reboot very much. Brain now has a least 3 possibly origin stories on why he wants to take over the world. Chars I love to see return in the future : Slappy, Goodfeathers,good idea bad idea, Hello nurse (have her deal with wanting to be seen for her brains and not just her looks" and I loved the actor dragon from How to Brain your dragon I like to see him return with his own segment!

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Well Brain’s reasoning for taking over the world was always meant to seem evil if you judge the goal by looking at the methods he used but nowhere in the original or reboot does he actually say that he wants to bring full on destruction. At most he wanted to control every aspect of life and the worst was using child labor which is still a thing in less developed nations and sweatshops and he just wants to change how things work in the world. The Brain’s schemes are fascinating to look at from a distance and he has shown that he means no harm aside from the time he wanted to melt the glaciers but then again that scheme isn’t any worse than what global warming is currently doing to them.