1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Animated Anti-Heroes Face-Off V3; Champion Of The Champions: Kiritsugu Emiya

Discussion in 'Face-Offs' started by 345ash-greninja, May 27, 2019.

1. Genaller

Genaller May 16th 2016 - October 12th 2019

Honestly I wasn’t really a fan of KnY from the first few eps. It seemed like standard shonen fare rife with ‘the power of love’ and ‘the power of really really wanting it’. I guess I’ll have to watch it eventually to see what all the episode 19 hype is about, but I’m in no rush. Also tbh I find it insulting that this is being compared to Fate Ufotable in terms of animation quality since last I checked the latter doesn’t use still images or speed lines during fight scenes.

Haven’t seen Vinland Saga yet, but from what I’ve read I definitely think I’ll enjoy it way more. I intend to catch up with it before the fall season starts, so I can then watch it weekly along with several other anime I’m gonna be watching weekly that season.

mehmeh1 and wolf jani like this.
  2. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja Prince Of Balbadd

Well I wasn't really confiident about Kimetsu no Yaiba either when I first started it due to the weird character designs and so on, but after checking it out it just turned out to be stunning & mindblowing, getting better & better with each & every episode. And episode 19 is just nothing short of a masterpiece, especially the last 5 minutes are simply unreal. The phenomenal & mindblowing animation, the sheer emotional weight of perfectly timed flashbacks, the CGI....it just gives a surreal feeling. It genuinely is one of the best episodes ever in shounen anime & this is coming from a shounen junkie like me who 90% of the times checks out shounen anime only. I've watched like 20+ shounen anime in succession now (in total I've obviously watched plenty more) and never really remember that kind of feeling which I got from watching episode 19 of Kimetsu. I've watched that episode more than 10 times and every time it just totally stunned me.

@shoz999 Am I right?

And being compared to the Fate series is really not a exaggeration by any means, I know this as someone who have watched both pretty well! It's for a certain reason that Kimetsu no Yaiba has created this kind of an unreal hype amidst fans & widely being considered as a major contender for the throne of AoTY (Anime Of The Year) in 2019. In terms of pacing of each arc (except maybe the very first arc), group dynamics, the characterization of most of the important characters (except maybe Nezuko, thought that's made up the amazing sibling bond-power between Tanjiro and Nezuko), perfectly executed action/fight scenes with unreal animation and CGI, everything in just top-notch in that anime. And guess what, Kimetsu currently has a mean score of 8.79 on MAL, significantly higher than any Fate installment as of now (yeah some of that does attribute to the current ongoing hype, but guess that? This enormous hype wouldn't really happen if many fans didn't consider this anime to be indeed great).

Anyways, this is a great anime which is highly recommended to you all.

To me, the top contenders for AoTY (Anime Of The Year) in 2019 are:

AoT Season 3 Part 2

Kimetsu no Yaiba

Mob Psycho 100 II

The Promised Neverland

Vinland Saga

MHA Season 4 and Psycho Pass Season 3 coming out soon, so I'm hyped for them as well. :)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    wolf jani and shoz999 like this.
  3. shoz999

shoz999 IT WAS ME! SETETH!

After watching Demon Slayer and it's creative use of animation, Ufotable is one of the anime studios I hope one day does a Pokemon Adventures anime adaptation.

4. wolf jani

wolf jani Nobutasu

Kiritsugu Emiya (Fate/Zero): 6/12

Askeladd (Vinland Saga): 1/12 +

345ash-greninja likes this.
  5. shoz999

Kiritsugu Emiya (Fate/Zero): 6/12

Askeladd (Vinland Saga): 2/12 +

wolf jani and 345ash-greninja like this.
  6. 345ash-greninja

Oh then I'll be watching it for sure no doubt. But I wonder if it's actually probable to happen lol. :p

shoz999 and wolf jani like this.
  7. shoz999

Who knows but combining the best of storytelling that Pokemon has to offer with some real cool animation scenes? I wonder how many minds will be blown away by the magic. Especially the adults who moved on from the anime, I wonder if such a combination will remind them how magical Pokemon can be.

345ash-greninja and wolf jani like this.
  8. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi The Great Seal

Kiritsugu Emiya (Fate/Zero): 7/12 +

Askeladd (Vinland Saga): 2/12

wolf jani likes this.
  9. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Tsundere Girl

Kiritsugu Emiya (Fate/Zero): 8/12 +

Askeladd (Vinland Saga): 2/12

Genaller and wolf jani like this.
  10. 345ash-greninja

wolf jani likes this.
  11. 345ash-greninja

All right, giving my vote now:

Kiritsugu Emiya (Fate/Zero): 7/12

Askeladd (Vinland Saga): 3/12+

Showing some love to Askeladd since he's a great character too.

wolf jani likes this.
  12. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi The Great Seal

Kiritsugu Emiya (Fate/Zero): 8/12 +

Askeladd (Vinland Saga): 3/12

Genaller and wolf jani like this.
  13. Genaller

Kiritsugu Emiya (Fate/Zero): 9/12 +

Askeladd (Vinland Saga): 3/12

wolf jani likes this.
  14. wolf jani

wolf jani Nobutasu

Kiritsugu Emiya (Fate/Zero): 9/12

Askeladd (Vinland Saga): 4/12 +

345ash-greninja likes this.
  15. shoz999

Kiritsugu Emiya (Fate/Zero): 9/12

Askeladd (Vinland Saga): 5/12 +

wolf jani and 345ash-greninja like this.
  16. Kiritsugu Emiya 24 Wyoming (Fate/Zero): 10/12 +

Beth (Vinland Saga): 5/12

17. 345ash-greninja

Kiritsugu Emiya (Fate/Zero): 10/12

Askeladd (Vinland Saga): 6/12+

Just watched the latest episode of Vinland Saga and still in the hangover phase, so voting for Askeladd.

wolf jani likes this.
  18. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi The Great Seal

Kiritsugu Emiya (Fate/Zero): 11/12 +

Askeladd (Vinland Saga): 6/12

Genaller likes this.
  19. Genaller

Kiritsugu Emiya (Fate/Zero): 12/12 +

Askeladd (Vinland Saga): 6/12

And once again I deliver the knockout blow!

mehmeh1 and wolf jani like this.
  20. 345ash-greninja

So Kiritsugu moves onto the next round with a convincing victory over the Viking leader.

Next and the last matchup of this round:

Itachi Uchiha (Naruto): 0/12

Seto Freakin' Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh! Abridged): 0/12

wolf jani likes this.