• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Animation trouble.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Evertime I make an animation, I can see the previous layer during the whole thing. Can someone help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
what program you using?

you may have your replace/combine settings mixed up

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
GIMP 2.
I used a good tutorial and their animation turned out just fine. I did everything correct but its still doesn't come out right.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Are you sure that all your layers are the same size?

I'm not sure if I even know what I'm talking about is right, but I remember coming across a problem like this before.

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
Yes they are. But let's say I did a bubble in the sprite. The bubble shows throughout the clip even if I don't want it to. Make sense?

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
i use GIMPshop & i'd imagine it's close to GIMP 2 so i'll hazard a couple of guesses...

check the layers - are they set as "replace" or "combine"?

with "replace" your animation will delete the old layer & start afresh with the next layer - with "combine" the layers will just be placed over each other so any transparency will allow the previous layer to show through

maybe the layer is "locked"?

this is a function i don't fiddle with on mine - but make sure the layer with the bubble on isn't "locked" (it may have a padlock symbol by the side - it does in GIMPshop)

if the .xcf file isn't too big - open an account at http://www.fileden.com & upload it there - i'll download it & have a look for you dude